U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-18-2012, 08:41 PM
 
Location: SWUS
5,386 posts, read 4,063,709 times
Reputation: 5628
I live in NM because I hated CA. The only reason the sun bothers me so much is because I wear glasses... prescription sunglasses that I've had such and so I'm basically waiting til I can get my vision corrected.

Then I'll have a sunglasses collection to rival Kim Jon Il's.

 
Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 PM
Status: "Trixx are for kids, silly." (set 2 days ago)
 
10,875 posts, read 5,515,026 times
Reputation: 7463
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I live in NM because I hated CA. The only reason the sun bothers me so much is because I wear glasses... prescription sunglasses that I've had such and so I'm basically waiting til I can get my vision corrected.

Then I'll have a sunglasses collection to rival Kim Jon Il's.
Silly question: Considered contacts?
 
Old 01-18-2012, 09:00 PM
 
Location: SWUS
5,386 posts, read 4,063,709 times
Reputation: 5628
I have, but the thought of putting stuff in my eye really freaks me out.
I know, probably totally irrational, but whatever.
 
Old 01-18-2012, 09:11 PM
 
Location: So Cal
23,210 posts, read 16,801,059 times
Reputation: 21842
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I live in NM because I hated CA. The only reason the sun bothers me so much is because I wear glasses... prescription sunglasses that I've had such and so I'm basically waiting til I can get my vision corrected.

Then I'll have a sunglasses collection to rival Kim Jon Il's.
I wear contacts, gonna do the lasik in the future. I have really light sensitive eyes, I wish I could wear sunglasses indoors.

Only problem is that your perceived douchbagery quotient increases.

Otherwise.....
 
Old 01-18-2012, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,851 posts, read 51,342,100 times
Reputation: 22717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I wear contacts, gonna do the lasik in the future. I have really light sensitive eyes, I wish I could wear sunglasses indoors.

Only problem is that your perceived douchbagery quotient increases.

Otherwise.....
Who cares... You don't have to get very dark ones. Many people's prescription glasses turn into shades, too.
 
Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Status: "Trixx are for kids, silly." (set 2 days ago)
 
10,875 posts, read 5,515,026 times
Reputation: 7463
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I have, but the thought of putting stuff in my eye really freaks me out.
I know, probably totally irrational, but whatever.
When I first started wearing contacts it would take me 30 min to put them in, wasn't too long before I grew comfortable enough where it takes just seconds.
 
Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 PM
 
Location: SWUS
5,386 posts, read 4,063,709 times
Reputation: 5628
"perceived douchebaggery quotient" made me crack a smile. nice.
 
Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,851 posts, read 51,342,100 times
Reputation: 22717
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
When I first started wearing contacts it would take me 30 min to put them in, wasn't too long before I grew comfortable enough where it takes just seconds.
Geez, I'd hate having to shove something in my eyes... It's bad enough when make-up gets in them.
 
Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Status: "A gentle man and a gentleman." (set 9 days ago)
 
15,757 posts, read 7,180,524 times
Reputation: 11085
I don't think I can touch my eyes, which is a requirement to putting in contacts.

I'm stuck with glasses. lol
 
Old 01-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Status: "Trixx are for kids, silly." (set 2 days ago)
 
10,875 posts, read 5,515,026 times
Reputation: 7463
Putting them in is the easy part, once the lens contacts your eye it just rolls itself in, taking them out is a little more tricky but easily done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top