Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 11:13 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times

Advertisements

I have noticed that women will have Height and Ethnicity preferences.
Lot of Caucasian Females only prefer White Male. Some Black Girls prefer White guys.

Lot of them will disable the account for a week. So they don't get the usual sexual messages.

Most of them have at least 1 kid. Plenty of women who are divorced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 06:46 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
That's odd, I have a female friend who gets as many messages on OKC daily as you get on POF. Maybe men on OKC are intimidated by the fact that you are both highly educated and attractive? Perhaps you can try match.com? I'm a guy, so I already checked my ego at the door when I signed up for an online dating site
Demographics matter a lot. Most will not travel very far for a match. You are from Austin where a lot more single people live. That is why your friend is getting a lot of messages.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:44 AM

527 posts, read 1,232,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Demographics matter a lot. Most will not travel very far for a match. You are from Austin where a lot more single people live. That is why your friend is getting a lot of messages.
That is a plausible explanation. But that doesn't explain why she was getting a lot of attention on POF though.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:46 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I draw the line at 4 hour drive for a very serious relationship.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:48 PM

7 posts, read 80,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Based on your description, for some reason your profile isn't coming up in an OKC search.

The only tall, 20 yr old black and cuban woman on OKC in Orlando is a weed lover, outwardly sexual in a ghetto way, and uses lots of profanity in her profile. If that's you I can understand the lack of responses based on the typical OKC crowd.

OkCupid | Yoitsdedie / 20 / F / Kissimmee, Florida
lol most definitely not me... I ended up deleting my account. I figured if I get approached a lot more in real life then why put up with OKC.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:37 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
For a good match prospect I would travel further. But my experience on a dating web site tells me it is very rare for people to get involved with anyone that is not local to them. It's more like you need to live within an hour of me or you will not be contacted. And that "hour" is a generous estimate.

I should add that I'm open to relocate.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:16 AM

527 posts, read 1,232,739 times
Quote:
Then you sir, are a better man than I. Ideally within 30 mins, 45 mins max for me.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:57 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
I have noticed that women will have Height and Ethnicity preferences.
Lot of Caucasian Females only prefer White Male. Some Black Girls prefer White guys.

Lot of them will disable the account for a week. So they don't get the usual sexual messages.

Most of them have at least 1 kid. Plenty of women who are divorced.
So true, everything you said. I even met one who ended up being pregnant (this she did not reveal before our date)...

Old 02-07-2012, 09:15 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123
Based on your description, for some reason your profile isn't coming up in an OKC search.

The only tall, 20 yr old black and cuban woman on OKC in Orlando is a weed lover, outwardly sexual in a ghetto way, and uses lots of profanity in her profile. If that's you I can understand the lack of responses based on the typical OKC crowd.

OkCupid | Yoitsdedie / 20 / F / Kissimmee, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight13 View Post
lol most definitely not me... I ended up deleting my account. I figured if I get approached a lot more in real life then why put up with OKC.
Hi knight, thanks for the update and for solving the mystery. Good luck in your search!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:27 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Wow, travelling four hours for a date? I'd be reluctant to go across town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships