Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 09:10 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,501 times

Advertisements

How can you remove a hickey?

A huge amount of alcohol and heated passion. And, this is the price. Yes, I believe it to be tacky. Not the less, how ...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 09:26 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,346,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
How can you remove a hickey?

A huge amount of alcohol and heated passion. And, this is the price. Yes, I believe it to be tacky. Not the less, how ...?
Makeup, cover it up, it will go away, I've never been a big fan of the hickey.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:28 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,945 times
The only thing you can do....NOTHING....huh.....just waiting for it to go away on it's own.
I had tried EVERYTHING (that was during my teenage years, BTW....LOL) in the book....from toothpaste...to "god knows what"...and it doesn't work.
Make up/ Foundation can cover it up a bit, making it a bit less noticeable.
It is basically nothing else but a bruise, with blood vessel bursting, and blood coming close to the surface of the skin.
You have to wait until the blood is re- absorbed by your body.....and all you can do is WAIT!

Old 12-29-2007, 09:31 AM

10 posts, read 61,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
The only thing you can do....NOTHING....huh.....just waiting for it to go away on it's own.
I had tried EVERYTHING (that was during my teenage years, BTW....LOL) in the book....from toothpaste...to "god knows what"...and it doesn't work.
Make up/ Foundation can cover it up a bit, making it a bit less noticeable.
It is basically nothing else but a bruise, with blood vessel bursting, and blood coming close to the surface of the skin.
You have to wait until the blood is re- absorbed by your body.....and all you can do is WAIT!

LOLOLOL I tried toothpaste too, DID NOT WORK! I also tried the frozen spoon. But like you, that was back in my teenage years and I'm way out of those years lol. But to the OP, there's no way to make it go away. Time and makeup that's about it...or a scarf lol

Old 12-29-2007, 09:43 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,349,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMyFace View Post
LOLOLOL I tried toothpaste too, DID NOT WORK! I also tried the frozen spoon. But like you, that was back in my teenage years and I'm way out of those years lol. But to the OP, there's no way to make it go away. Time and makeup that's about it...or a scarf lol
Didn't that toothpaste hurt trying to get off.. lol hurt me! LOL

Turtle neck time! WOOHOO!

Old 12-29-2007, 09:44 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMyFace View Post
LOL...perfect time of year to pull the "scarf" thing off......LOL......
Quote:
Turtle neck time! WOOHOO!
but would look absolutely ridiculous here in FL or other warmer states....LOL.
I'd better not get into exactly WHAT I've tried during my teenage years, trying to hide a hickey...so my parents wouldn't find out....ROTFL.....

Old 12-29-2007, 10:21 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,360,540 times
Turtleneck, scarf and about a week or so!

Old 12-29-2007, 10:26 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
Lightly run a fine tooth comb over the mark to "comb it out."

Old 12-29-2007, 10:31 AM

715 posts, read 2,086,658 times
A hot towel and rubbing it over worked for me, it helps disperse the blood clot in and around the area but doesnt make it all go away but helps, makes it look like a rash more than anything..

Old 12-29-2007, 10:59 AM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
it goes away on its own. Trying to make it go away probably makes it last longer as it aggravates the surrounding tissue. Best approach is long hair to cover it up (hahahah grow some quick) or creative wardrobe (collar, turtleneck, sleeves, scarf, sash, etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships