Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:24 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times

Advertisements

Jeeesh, the conclusions people jump to. He might just feel a little embarressed to dance and just doesn't want to, and was maybe having a bad day. Tell him you didnt like how he reacted or let it slide. you didnt do anythingw rong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMachine View Post
HI there guys. My relationship is usually smooth sailing, my husband and I have been married for almost three years.
The other day at work they were holding a free raffle for a night out including dinner, a band and dancing. I signed up for this raffle thinking to surprise my husband with the tickets if I won.
Well...I won. My husband looked confused when I told him about the tickets and got mad at me saying I "Shouldn't be signing up for things without telling him about it." He's not sure he wants to go due to the dancing part, even though I assured him we could just hang out at our table, no one was going to force us to dance.
I feel kind of sad now because I thought it would be some romantic fun . I don't want to over-talk this issue with him, but am I missing something here? Is it ok to sign up for raffles without your spouse knowing?
What a downer...as my late Grandmother would say, sounds like this guy has a Corn Cob stuck up his rear.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
If this is the only hiccup in 3 years I would cut the guy a LOT of slack.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:20 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
HI there guys. My relationship is usually smooth sailing, my husband and I have been married for almost three years.
The other day at work they were holding a free raffle for a night out including dinner, a band and dancing. I signed up for this raffle thinking to surprise my husband with the tickets if I won.
Well...I won. My husband looked confused when I told him about the tickets and got mad at me saying I "Shouldn't be signing up for things without telling him about it." He's not sure he wants to go due to the dancing part, even though I assured him we could just hang out at our table, no one was going to force us to dance.
I feel kind of sad now because I thought it would be some romantic fun . I don't want to over-talk this issue with him, but am I missing something here? Is it ok to sign up for raffles without your spouse knowing?
He sounds very insecure. Sign up for counselling and have a roadmap to divorce him.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
could be he was already having a bad day and there you go making him go dancing...if things are normally OK between you two, I would ask him when he's not stressed what was wrong and offer to not go and see what he says to that...

Old 02-15-2012, 09:30 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:

Sounds to me like your husband has some major control issues if he got mad because you bought raffle tickets without his permission.

I'm glad he's not my husband actually he would have never been my husband because I'm sure he was just as controlling when you were dating and I would have kicked him out of the moving vehicle a long time ago and well before any marriage took place.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 PM

884 posts, read 1,406,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
i would have told him "f**k you then" and walk off...
but then again this is why i'm single
Nah, way too subtle.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:34 PM

884 posts, read 1,406,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Jeeesh, the conclusions people jump to. He might just feel a little embarressed to dance and just doesn't want to, and was maybe having a bad day. Tell him you didnt like how he reacted or let it slide. you didnt do anythingw rong
I'm that way with dancing, but I would still go anyway. Its free and she won it, good enough for me. For one night I'll suffer with dancing as I know it would make her happy.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:23 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If this is the only hiccup in 3 years I would cut the guy a LOT of slack.
Why do I have the feeling this isn't the case.

I can't imagine why someone would be upset over this. It is not normal behavior.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:13 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Huh?
What kind of weird psycho behavior is this?
There is more to this story (on his side or yours).
Please elaborate.

This is not normal behavior, these are not normal expectations, and you need to see what's really bugging him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships