Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
basically. it's really sad to say, if you don't get them to agree to some kind of commitment, you're sh*t out of luck on what happens from then on, because hey will pretty much find every excuse in the book to make you a non factor when the fun is over. The least these women could do is get some kind of a commitment before ruining their lives, but most of them don't even think about that until after they're saddled with a bunch of drama. Too late.
I disagree. A commitment doesn't always keep a guy around. What about divorce and cheating? If the only reason a guy is marrying you is to get the goods, then he'll still be done with you when he becomes bored, married or not married!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 01:00 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary324 View Post
We as in all women should be taken care of by men.
No, we, as in all women, are perfectly capable adults who can take care of ourselves. We don't live in the 12th century anymore.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:03 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I disagree. A commitment doesn't always keep a guy around. What about divorce and cheating? If the only reason a guy is marrying you is to get the goods, then he'll still be done with you when he becomes bored, married or not married!
You're right a commitment doesn't guarantee anything. But look at the options: Demand some level of seriousness or run around like a basket case when it all falls apart because I didn't bother to expect anything from the jump (which is what a lot of these women end up doing)? I take the first option, at least I can say I had a plan even if he does blow it all to hell. LOL.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 02-28-2012 at 01:29 PM..

Old 02-28-2012, 01:27 PM

31 posts, read 88,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
No, we, as in all women, are perfectly capable adults who can take care of ourselves. We don't live in the 12th century anymore.
See were not in the 12th century. Let them take care of you buy you things take you places but you let them know your the boss. Pretty soon you have everything you want and you wont have to lift a finger.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:30 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
See were not in the 12th century. Let them take care of you buy you things take you places but you let them know your the boss. Pretty soon you have everything you want and you wont have to lift a finger.
I don't play those games. I like a partnership. I am an equal. I don't need a man to buy me stuff, I can buy my own.

If you are indicative of how many women think then no wonder guys hate the females of our species.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
When the sh*t hits the fan, you're gonna wish you had done more for your own life. Very unwise depending on men for your general well being. Do for yourself.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:45 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,701 times
+1 to all the ladies who posted in the last few pages. Thanks for speaking out against that outdated line of thinking about gender roles.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:48 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
If we have to tell you, then it's futile.
Do you think that a partner-less, childless life is the way to go?

Old 02-28-2012, 01:50 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
If we have to tell you, then it's futile.
Do you think that a partner-less, childless life is the way to go?
If you can find the occasional other for sex, maybe childless and partner less may be the way I go?

Old 02-28-2012, 02:01 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,942,377 times
Quote:
Oh honey you dont know what your missing. Why use your money when you can use his. Its much better to get them trained to do what you want. This way they can stop doing things you dont like including fishing and other neanderthal s*** like that.
You grossly overestimate your value.

Why would I ( or any other man) choose someone who seems to think I have to pay for everything all the time and seems to think she can dictate what I can do in my free time.

What are you offering that would make a man willingly particpate in such an arrangement? Looks and sex aren't going to cut it. We can find that easily with reasonable women who aren't so self centered.

Even if you somehow managed to find a "sugar daddy" who will pay your way, he would laugh in your face if you tried telling him what he could and couldn't do....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships