Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's a nice change from all women being whores.
And to think, it's only Tuesday!
OMG! Bwah ha ha. Right on. Who knows what Wednesday will bring? We might all become people too! (No waaaaaaaaaay)

Old 02-28-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And watch out for those men who like and respect women! They're ruining everything!
I'll bet those sons o' witches are the same country-wreckers that think blacks and Native Americans should have rights, too. Pansies!

What is this world coming to....

Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yes, it is. Again, I don't think the director reasoned it out so well.
Reason...YouTube...reason...YouTube...trying soooooooo hard to put these together but no matter what, they repel one another like two positive sides on a magnet.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:33 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
He could at least give us the link to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nveHTL0_L7A

You want the video? Here it is.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
So, is this the video OP is referring to?
Yes, that's the video.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I respectfully disagree with the premises being made...nothing wrong with being chivalrous, IMO. Also nothing wrong with being a "feminized man", if that is in fact what a guy wants to be like. The truth is, I strongly believe that if men in society were able to more openly share their (positive) emotional, loving, and caring side without fear of recrimination (like women are able to), then society just might be a better place, actually...
Probably. That's a double standard. Men can't express themselves without other men and women making fun of them.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Probably. That's a double standard. Men can't express themselves without other men and women making fun of them.
Perhaps in your world, but in the real one the rest of us live in, thats not true.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,400,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I've always said that feminism heavily contributes to misandry. While they're not the only problem, other men are also the problem. A YouTuber posted a video, classifying these men into 4 different groups.

White Knights - They support misandric practices and always side with women all the time. Good examples are Dr. Phil, Barack Obama, and Joe VAWA Biden.

Feminized men - These types are pro-feminine and want to be women.

Married men - Not talking about all married men. But there's one type that shames single men for being single, asking why they aren't in a relationship. If a couple's having issues, the married men always side with the stranger's wife. And some of these married men will shame any random man just to front for his wife.

Elite men - The last that's a known problem to anybody are the elite men. These guys can literally cause the course of your life. They're the ones in positions of power. They're very manipulative in politics. They alienated everyone. Black, white, Asian, Jews, Christians, atheists, men, straights, gays, and even women.

The YouTuber was pretty deep in his classifications on these types of men that are a deep threat to normal men.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:16 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I respectfully disagree with the premises being made...nothing wrong with being chivalrous, IMO. Also nothing wrong with being a "feminized man", if that is in fact what a guy wants to be like. The truth is, I strongly believe that if men in society were able to more openly share their (positive) emotional, loving, and caring side without fear of recrimination (like women are able to), then society just might be a better place, actually...
You wouldn't be a White Knight, now would you?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
I didn't watch the video but I'll chime in on this by discussing "male feminists." I did read about the 4 typologies described.

I have worked with a few; three that I can think of. They are typically married, more beta than alpha, get along better with the women in the office than the men, always chide the man when a gossipy topic hits the media, and on and on. I don't understand how they can be married providers and not even minimally empathize with their own gender.

Oh yeah, when one of these male feminists got married, his "best man" was a woman. Another one was a well-educated director (married) who would spar with his male middle managers, even shooting himself in the foot by causing them to leave and strand the servicing of clients, and then elevate less qualified women, with whom he never sparred, that couldn't handle the work. (No, he wasn't getting any on the side...too much of a geek and very self-righteous about being a family man). The first of these two was more annoying. The second one was a serious liability to the company.

I'd love to know what makes a "male feminist" tick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships