Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 06:34 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I don't want to have sex until marriage but I'm worried that women won't date me if we don't have sex.

I'm doing this for personal rather than religious reasons.

I've casually hooked-up (no sex) with girls in the past and I've never felt fulfilled being intimate with people I don't really like. So I've decided to remain a virgin until marriage.
I saw an OkCupid profile yesterday of a guy who said he wouldn't have sex before marriage. I was ok with it until I found out that he also lives with his mother and she does his laundry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 10:18 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
what about oral and handjobs? you let me have those and we have a winner

Old 03-21-2013, 10:26 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,966 times
I'm waiting until marriage, so yes, I would date a guy who is also waiting for marriage. I do date guys who have not waited, but only when they are respectful of me and my choice.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:06 PM

354 posts, read 517,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I don't want to have sex until marriage but I'm worried that women won't date me if we don't have sex.

I'm doing this for personal rather than religious reasons.

I've casually hooked-up (no sex) with girls in the past and I've never felt fulfilled being intimate with people I don't really like. So I've decided to remain a virgin until marriage.

Good for you!!! warning though.. sex is eh. don't trust me!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:05 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
I sure hope so...for my sake.
Though I'm not a virgin by any means, I think that part of my life is behind me. Casual hookups, idk, I think not for me anymore. I think it'll be more fulfilling if I wait until marriage at this point. It sucks, because marriage isn't looking like an option for a while...I still need to go through grad school, at the very least, and I need to have a stable career.

In between then, maybe it'll happen for me...but it's not my main focus. I anticipate I'll hit 28 or so before I get married. Ah well, maybe I'll slip up...I mean, come on...sex is sex. It's like the greatest thing ever. But, I'd have to be committed beyond just 'getting it by any means', which has been my M.O. for a while now.

Not for any religious reasons though...I'm still not sure how religious I actually am...though certainly I don't practice...and have traditionally leaned towards atheism...I realize my life outlook can change depending on its circumstances.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:10 PM

43 posts, read 127,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I'm waiting until marriage, so yes, I would date a guy who is also waiting for marriage. I do date guys who have not waited, but only when they are respectful of me and my choice.
Same here!

Old 03-21-2013, 03:16 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
I think I would probably try it (because it sounds nice) but I have a feeling that I would get so frustrated and annoyed with him and take that out on him that I would ruin the relationship before we even got married.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:52 PM

43 posts, read 127,306 times
I mean it really depends on your preferences. I bet you could still make out and such, and it gives you a chance to know him on a different level, so when you do decide to have sex, it will be the icing on the cake and make the relationship even stronger!

Old 03-23-2013, 06:35 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,372,282 times
No.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:54 PM

25 posts, read 103,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I wouldn't even date a man who's a virgin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I wouldn't date nor marry a virgin man.
ahhh..The catch 22 of being a virgin in your mid-twenties. Can't get comfortable about sex because you're immediately disqualified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships