Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:38 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times

Advertisements

Been covered ad infinitum and ad nauseaum on these boards. Start here for the most recent discussion and read forward:

[URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/144462-why-cheat-4.html[/URL]

Really, Vis. This topic has been trotted out again and again and again. It sounds like you might be looking to place blame on the cheatee. Why? Did you cheat on your ex and that is why you're divorced? Having an affair with a married person? Because the kind of vitriol in your OP doesn't just come out of nowhere. Not when you've been on here for years and surely must know how often this has been hashed over.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:10 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
u could think up some excuses, but your "victim" will appreciate the divorce court ammo. a moment of fun for $$$$

Last edited by FelixTheCat; 03-14-2012 at 09:20 PM..

Old 03-14-2012, 09:16 PM

688 posts, read 897,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
There's plenty of excuses to cheat; thrills, excitement, trying something new or different. Cheating is fun! But leave all your guilt (and moral) complexes out of it.
You're seriously arguing that cheating is okay? What is wrong with you?

There is absolutely no reason to ever cheat on someone, ever. If you do, YOU are wrong. I don't care what twisted way you're seeing it. You are wrong.

If you don't care about anyone's feelings but your own, you shouldn't be in a relationship to begin with. All of the things listed in your first post are traits that one should know about their partner from the dating period. If you took it to a relationship after knowing these things, you're obviously okay with them and using them as excuses to cheat in the future is ridiculous.

Do you have no respect or the balls to actually talk to your partner about any issues before you go out into the world with your legs spread or wang out? (I don't know what sex you are)

Somebody has some growing up to do.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Many complain about a cheating partner. And blame the other.
Maybe you're being cheated on is because you're a boring person, humorless, inactive, dull witted, controlling, demanding, or religious zealot.
Don't cast all blame on your partner. Try some self-examination. You just might discover a reason.
I knew you were a sociopath. Yes blame everyone else but yourself, you could've just as easily talked to your partner and let them know it's over like an adult but instead you decide to go behind their back like a child.

That's what separates the adults from children, children will always do what is easy, adults will do what is right even though it's difficult and this post reeks of someone who hasn't matured.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I knew you were a sociopath.
Too funny.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:59 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Most people, when making promises to be faithful, have every intention of keeping their word. I think that most infidelity occurs, not because it is planned, but because people find themselves in situations where their emotions overwhelm them, like: being around someone who is sexually interested, being a lot of time 1:1 with someone else, opportunity, alcohol.
Ideally people supposed to have a will power to control their emotions and their actions. However, many people just can't. Many people cannot control their will power at all ( think about those that struggle and fail on dieting or quitting smoking ).
And who's fault is it that they have no will power?

Old 03-15-2012, 04:46 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
It doesn't matter. If you feel the need to cheat for whatever reason, then be a decent human being and have enough respect for the other person to break up with them first. It's not hard at that point.
Except that it IS hard when your finances, children, social life, families, etc, are all comingled together to form a life. A life you might very well like.

Cheating is NEVER ok.
But let's be real about how hard it can be to end a relationship just to have sex with someone else.
People make sex out to be so freakin' meaningful and like it represents everything about your life. Oh, dump everything else in your life because of your unhappy sex...gimme a break.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:22 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
Sounds like to me someone wants to cheat and is looking for reasons...there are NONE.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:23 AM

117 posts, read 242,039 times
I guess some of this argument could be construed as true.

In my case I blamed myself because I was trying to provide the best I possibly could by working two full time jobs. Buying her expensive clothes, a brand new car, taking her out to extremely expensive places (Mind you, I would work 16 to 18 hours a day so it was not often).

At first I thought it was her fault and I blamed it on her until I saw it from a different perspective. I think I gave her too much and I never took my mother's advise: "Don't give your women all your love and don't give your women all your money"

RedJohn

Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Quote:
Many complain about a cheating partner. And blame the other.
Maybe you're being cheated on is because you're a boring person, humorless, inactive, dull witted, controlling, demanding, or religious zealot.
Don't cast all blame on your partner. Try some self-examination. You just might discover a reason.
This is a great thread. A lot of people don't take this advice and continue to make the same mistakes in each relationship they pursue after the first break up. I think people should always take a step back and evaluate what went wrong and what they can change in themselves to prevent it from happening again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships