Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 02:59 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
While I would never write something like that on a profile, if a man were to message me using ridiculously improper grammar or substituting letters for words (u instead of you, r instead of our or are etc.) then his message goes in the junk folder.

Perhaps it's just a quirk I have, but its really really irritating to me and screams 'I'm unintelligent and lazy!!!'. Mistakes are fine, we all make mistakes, but deliberate laziness when it comes to having a conversation isn't okay.
^^^YEP. Take note, guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 06:47 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,596 times
"I just baked my last couch potato and now I'm looking for dessert"

Old 03-21-2012, 06:53 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
2 things way over used by women:

I'm a glass half full kind of woman.

Live, love, laugh

Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
House trained and free to a good home.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:34 AM

400 posts, read 849,726 times
I feel bad for the foot fetish guy. Foot fetish is a really common harmless kink, don't women like foot rubs? He wants a woman who is down with or at least accepting of that because its really important to him but he can't put it out there without coming off as weird and turning half of them off. So in the end he just has to hide it and spring it on women he dates later on. I guess the good news is that when he does that it usually goes over well, unlike the guy who likes to be whipped while wearing a gimp mask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
a good 25% of the profiles i read say they are looking for "New Friends" only. i don't really get that.
Preemptive friend-zoning. No, I think in reality its some sort of effort to obscure what they see as the "desperate" behavior of using online dating. They perceive it as only being for losers but they're on there anyway for whatever reason so they write just for friends to bridge the gap between what they're doing and what they think of what they're doing. And it gives them plausible deniability if some one they know reads their profile.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:53 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Why would you join a dating site to make friends? If I wanted to make friends I'd take a class or get on that meet up website.

I don't like it when guys take mirror pictures. Deal breaker. No matter how rock like those six pack abs appear...the mirror picture is so lame. Does that guy not have one friend who could take a picture for his profile?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:56 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Why would you join a dating site to make friends? If I wanted to make friends I'd take a class or get on that meet up website.

I don't like it when guys take mirror pictures. Deal breaker. No matter how rock like those six pack abs appear...the mirror picture is so lame. Does that guy not have one friend who could take a picture for his profile?
I tend to agree. It looks so much more down-to-earth when a guy allows someone else to take his pic while he poses, or better yet, when there is a candid shot of a guy who looks like he's having fun.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 AM

400 posts, read 849,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post

"Hey man, can you snap a picture of my abs real quick?"

This is not how most male friendships work. But the camera timer was invented for these situations.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_jimerino View Post
"Hey man, can you snap a picture of my abs real quick?"

This is not how most male friendships work. But the camera timer was invented for these situations.
Do women really find it sexy when a guy poses a pic of his abs on a dating profile though? Or do a lot of women see this as some type of pretentious, egotistical move?

Old 03-21-2012, 10:45 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Do women really find it sexy when a guy poses a pic of his abs on a dating profile though? Or do a lot of women see this as some type of pretentious, egotistical move?
On the one hand they worked hard for it and want to show it off. On the other hand I think it's a message, hey, I work out, am active and in shape and am looking for the same in a partner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships