Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 06:02 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,407,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Well, in that case, I'd suggest either finding a hobby that gets you out of the house for a bit, or if you don't have a job, look for something you can save up some quick $ from- like even just enough for a bus ticket if it's that bad!!!!
I agree with this. And that's even if we are to assume his being "clingy" is the only major problem (you may find it less annoying and even likable if it becomes less frequent)... Yes, whether you think you want to stay or you think you want to go, a job or at least a hobby is the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 06:14 PM

40,994 posts, read 49,376,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyinmisery View Post
I have done that, yet he doesn't respect those boundaries. and yes it is annoying. To answer other responses, it is his place so i have to deal with it, i didnt come into this poor but sadly i am now, and yes hes partly to blame, but i by no means live for free and i dont have anyone here to stay with.
I see... you're giving him sex and putting up with his BS for room & board ?

Sweet deal for him and cheaper than getting a hooker off Craig's List. Personally, I'd kick you out and just get a hooker I could send home after an hour.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:19 PM

19,779 posts, read 20,373,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Personally, I'd kick you out and just get a hooker I could send home after an hour.
An hour? I'm guessing her bf is the type who needs at least 8 hours of conversation afterwards, lol.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:26 PM

3 posts, read 3,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I see... you're giving him sex and putting up with his BS for room & board ?

Sweet deal for him and cheaper than getting a hooker off Craig's List. Personally, I'd kick you out and just get a hooker I could send home after an hour.
well since you brought it up i could count on one hand the number of times in a year!, so yeah, the clinging isnt the only issue!

Old 03-22-2012, 10:34 PM

395 posts, read 708,694 times
Quote:
Ive been with my guy for over a year; we have an up and down relationship....mostly down. To be honest, if i had the money, Id be outta here.
He just wont leave me alone to have time to myself and if i dont listen to his stories (his way of spending time together) he whines like a baby. I dont know how much longer i can stand it. Anyone ever deal with this?

Try to get a job and stop using each other. staying for money is wrong and him unloading on you when you have no interested in his stories is also wrong. the whole thing sounds like a farce. life's too short to be living out a farce; both of you need to find someone more compatible.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:48 PM

11,407 posts, read 9,332,093 times
Quote:
I have done that, yet he doesnt respect those boundaries. and yes it is annoying. To answer other responses, it is his place so i have to deal with it, i didnt come into this poor but sadly i am now, and yes hes partly to blame, but i by no means live for free and i dont have anyone here to stay with.
Okay, I'm going to assume you have a job.

If so moving should be easy. Go on craigslist and find a cheap room in your area. Keep trying and you will likely find one where you are month to month and no or little security deposit. They are out there. If you have any money at all or a friend or relative that can loan you some I think there is a good chance you can move out soon.

The other option is a womens shelter.

After the suggestions I just gave you are there any reasons you can't move out now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships