Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:26 PM

395 posts, read 707,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's up to the person. I only seen where it ends badly. Personally I wouldn't engage in that type of relationship. IMO it's yet another way for males to get 'easy' sex without actually having to put much effort out. No thanks.
I agree with you, but don't you think that it's also a way for females to get 'easy' sex without actually having to put much effort out? or is it considered a norm in your book for women not to put much 'effort out'?

Sounds very strange your point of view.

They sound like consenting adults...who's benefiting more than the other??? (pls let me know, i'm curious)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
That's because women like her use sex as a weapon to get what they want. Of course they hate the idea of a FWB because it throws a wrench into their plans.
Who do you think a man would rather be with? Someone who is willing to have fun with them, or someone who has to make them slave away and rations out "fun time" only when she feels he's earned it? I rather be alone for life than be with women like that.
I second RC on this one!

Old 03-27-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
So what am I supposed to do run around 'putting out?' Oh let me go do that right now for the sake of all men. LMAO. It decreases my chances? To that, a big fat 'oh well!' I'm not doing things simply b/c other people do them. Either way it's none of your concern.
You can do as you like, but when two people are in agreement they both benefit equally.

If attractive women don't like to have sex, then this is a barrier to a healthy relationship. doesn't matter if it's fwb or a ltr.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:09 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
In other words, it's never okay, because you can never be certain that a FWB relationship will never lead to anything more.
I know mine never will. Never. He is a 50 year old lifelong bachelor with mild Aspergers, obsessive hobbies and no interest in pursuing women. I am a 50 year old divorced woman with no interest in bringing full-time commitment into my already full life, especially to someone whose inner world operates so differently from mine.

We have been friends for 30 years, lovers for about 5. If we didn't get together as single people in our 20s, and we haven't gotten together as single people in our 50s, I can predict with certainly we never will. Because it is not what either of us want.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:53 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I know mine never will. Never. He is a 50 year old lifelong bachelor with mild Aspergers, obsessive hobbies and no interest in pursuing women. I am a 50 year old divorced woman with no interest in bringing full-time commitment into my already full life, especially to someone whose inner world operates so differently from mine.

We have been friends for 30 years, lovers for about 5. If we didn't get together as single people in our 20s, and we haven't gotten together as single people in our 50s, I can predict with certainly we never will. Because it is not what either of us want.
You have quite a high chance of being correct! Even still, I have the audacity to say... you never know. For example, some people may change their perspective on life in that final psychosocial stage of development, where people in general are believed to look back on their lives and ask "Am I satisfied with the way I've lived my life?"

PSY 376 Ego integrity vs. Despair - WolfWikis

Of course, this is all a theory. And yeah, like I say, the odds seem to be in your favor

Old 03-28-2012, 06:17 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
FWB's can be fun but I stopped doing it because most of my FWB's were people I would NEVER consider having a relationship with. Even though, I am very careful, just the thought of possibly getting one of these people pregnant(unlikely but not impossible) is something I would regret for the rest of my life.

Maybe, it would be nice to have a FWB relationship with someone I would consider "relationship material" but then, it would probably be best to just have a normal relationship.

The last 2 FWB's I had, they both started expecting me to take them out on dates and I really did not feel the same way.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
You have quite a high chance of being correct! Even still, I have the audacity to say... you never know. For example, some people may change their perspective on life in that final psychosocial stage of development, where people in general are believed to look back on their lives and ask "Am I satisfied with the way I've lived my life?"

PSY 376 Ego integrity vs. Despair - WolfWikis

Of course, this is all a theory. And yeah, like I say, the odds seem to be in your favor
Maybe, we might both get the urge to settle down someday, but it won't be with each other! We will stay friends though without the bennies

Old 03-28-2012, 06:22 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
Especially if neither of us are interested in a relationship? We are both single, she hasn't dated in two years and neither I have. I know a FWB relationship gets a lot of criticism from some people, "due to it being strictly sexual". Sex is a good thing, and can be healthy for people under the right protection. This is the first time we are only having a Friends with Benefits relationship. Is it really all that bad? We both are on pretty good terms, good friends to an extent.
I'll tell you what I have always told my 4 sons. Bottom line. Do not have intercourse w/ anyone that you wouldn't want raising your children.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:31 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I'll tell you what I have always told my 4 sons. Bottom line. Do not have intercourse w/ anyone that you wouldn't want raising your children.
I agree 100% and this the reason why I stopped having casual sex, most of my FWB's are probably the last people in the world I would want to raise my children

Old 03-28-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I agree 100% and this the reason why I stopped having casual sex, most of my FWB's are probably the last people in the world I would want to raise my children
So...you are not really friends with them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships