Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
#1 is kinda vague, how exactly does a girl do that? Like stub her toe & cry about it so the guy will come to the rescue & kiss her toes?
Kind of... Every time my car breaks down, something interesting happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Funny you should mention that...last night me and a few friends were at the drive-in and one of them was a lady auto mechanic. We were across the row from a group of guys who were trying with all their might to jump start their truck. After watching for a few minutes (and hearing the girlfriend on the phone to her Dad) we walked over and fixed the situation.

I felt bad for the poor guys...but lady mechanics rule

So much for the damsel in distress stuff.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I felt bad for the poor guys...but lady mechanics rule
Once I was on the road with 3 female friends and one of the women's husband when we got a flat tire. Guess who changed it... His 7 or 8 months pregnant wife! She was the only one among us capable of doing it...

I just got a flat tire a week ago and it turned out the spare was worthless, too, so I had to get one. The first dudes I went to were going to give me a spare for free, but they couldn't find one. I didn't really feel like buying a new tire for a spare and was pretty confident I'll get one for free if I'm persistent, but I didn't feel like going to more places after a female mechanic found me a used one for 30 bucks. She was a very cool girl - a completely different type than I am and a type I don't normally get along with or get the time of the day from. She had short and spiky hair, was covered in tattoos, said she was riding a motorcycle, etc. We kind of bonded over being fellow smokers, but I don't know for sure if she was straight... Might've been a different version of the regular deal or maybe she was just sweet...

Old 04-07-2012, 09:59 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,915 times
#1 is not for me at all. To me if he can't follow his instincts on his own that's his issue.

#2 I'm in America and going by many guys attitude towards sex, affection, and relationships I advise all the gals I know against this. My advice that has actually lead to happy & healthy relationships is to use sex as currency and a reward/punishment. I rarely see the opposite advice leading to happy & healthy relationships just dissatisfied and frustrated gals. Though that may be because most of the guys the gals I advise encounter see sex as a duty/obligation so to me it's goose & gander on having a benefiting view.

#3 I agree with unfortunately most gals I know in relationships/marriages find out it doesn't work the other way around when it's her time. Though the married gals rarely have any time of their own anyways so it's not a real issue to me.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:23 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I relate to guys just fine, in fact most of my friends are males and they seem to like me

Unfortunately, I'm just not attractive enough, or good enough romantically for most guys so I'm single.
I thought you were married?

Old 04-07-2012, 12:28 PM

733 posts, read 1,664,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
Men:

List your key insights and advice that you believe women MUST understand in order to effortlessly relate to us.

I'll start:

1.) Ignite his protective, nurturing instinct.
2.) Never use sex as currency or to reward/punish him.
3.) Respect his need for personal time for hobbies and other creative endeavors.

A man will tolerate nearly anything a woman does if she obeys rules 1 and 2. He will give her a blank check if she additionally obeys rule 3.
Not sure about #1, it really depends on the guy. Some guys do like intimidatingly successful women (who spank them :P).

Partially agree with #2, my advice would be to use sex as carrots all you like but never as a stick.

#3: true! but that applies to everyone o.o guys, girls, old people, your parents, your BFF, that stranger across the street... no one should disrespect another human being's personal time for hobbies...

Old 04-07-2012, 12:38 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,011,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
#1 is kinda vague, how exactly does a girl do that? Like stub her toe & cry about it so the guy will come to the rescue & kiss her toes?
By not being too vociferous about how "independent" she is' how she does not need a man; not resenting or hating her femininity or seeing it as a weakness, etc.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Excellent example!

A woman in need of a jump start never waits very long.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
#1 is not for me at all. To me if he can't follow his instincts on his own that's his issue.

#2 I'm in America and going by many guys attitude towards sex, affection, and relationships I advise all the gals I know against this. My advice that has actually lead to happy & healthy relationships is to use sex as currency and a reward/punishment. I rarely see the opposite advice leading to happy & healthy relationships just dissatisfied and frustrated gals. Though that may be because most of the guys the gals I advise encounter see sex as a duty/obligation so to me it's goose & gander on having a benefiting view.

#3 I agree with unfortunately most gals I know in relationships/marriages find out it doesn't work the other way around when it's her time. Though the married gals rarely have any time of their own anyways so it's not a real issue to me.
Re: #1 -- "Igniting" can also be interpreted as "not suppressing."
Re: #2 -- When a woman needlessly withholds sex from a man his first though, even if fleeting, is "Where else can I get some?"
Re: #3 -- True. However some women can become quite resentful of a husband's/boyfriend's interests that remove focus from her.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:50 PM

26,789 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
Men:

List your key insights and advice that you believe women MUST understand in order to effortlessly relate to us.

I'll start:

1.) Ignite his protective, nurturing instinct.
2.) Never use sex as currency or to reward/punish him.
3.) Respect his need for personal time for hobbies and other creative endeavors.

A man will tolerate nearly anything a woman does if she obeys rules 1 and 2. He will give her a blank check if she additionally obeys rule 3.
Sorry, but after reading this, I can't help but picturing a boy, writing a note to his parents after a bad day...

1.) I am mighty and powerful - don't you ever forget it, I have a magic wand - just watch me.
2.) ..And don't you ever try to take candies away from me when I've been bad..
3.) The toys are all mine, and when I'm playing with toys, I shouldn't be bothered, because it's important. And so that you wouldn't bother me with dinner and stuff, I can even close the door if I want to.

( Sorry again - nothing personal OP, just thinking about my son...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships