Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 09:29 AM

609 posts, read 265,278 times

Advertisements

I am not sure how facebook is a predictor of how many real friends a person has. I keep my friend list limited on purpose. I don't want a lot of people on there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2019, 10:56 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleharmonicmotion View Post
Does it reflect badly on a woman if her facebook isn't being blown up all of the time? If it's obvious she's not a very popular person?
I think this is related to the fact that I'm well aware that I'm perceived as "lower status".
When I read your thread title, I thought you were talking about REAL friends, you know--people you actually hang out with and are involved with face-to-face to a certain extent.

OP, forget about FB. Get a life, a real life. Or if you already have one, enjoy it. Don't worry about what people are thinking.

Sheesh.

Old 12-05-2019, 10:58 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickjames View Post
A man who understands you in and out doesn't care if you don't have a too much higher profile in facebook or n number of friends. He just goes with the flow of who you are!
Right. A man would do this. A child wouldn't. OP, what age-group are you aiming for? Aim for mature adults.

Old 12-05-2019, 12:19 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
I have no friends because ones in the past have burned me. Plus I'm not married or don't have kids so we don't really have anything in common anymore

Old 12-05-2019, 12:43 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,310,131 times
If you look at the happiness research, after a divorce or death of a spouse, men tend to die earlier and their experience with depression is much higher than women, whereas with women, divorce or death of a spouse doesn't cause the depression or shorten there life span. When the researchers probed a little more for why this was happening it turns out in most couples, the female tends to set the social agenda for the couple. Her friends are much more likely than his friends to become the couples friends. So when they break up, she tends to keep most of her friends and he often finds himself much more isolated.

So while its not a total deal breaker if the woman I am dating doesn't have many friends, my experience is that when I dated women with more friends, we as a couple had more friends and I think these relationships were stronger as a consequence. So I would say how many friends a woman has isn't a deal breaker for me, but it is a plus factor for me.

Old 12-05-2019, 07:19 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,362,200 times
I'm one of those people who don't have many IRL friends to go out do things with other than family. I've always been sorta of a loner and fearful of doing new things jumping out of my comfort zone. My appearance screams a homely, plain woman since I could care less about makeup and my short stature makes me look younger. If anyone wants to judge me on that, their loss.

I've tried making friends throughout my lifetime, often it was temporary like a storybook that has its ending. I'm not much of talker. Never was.

I don't really judge people by how many FB friends they have. A person can have tons of friends and turn out to be a murderer or some sort of criminal.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:40 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,037,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleharmonicmotion View Post
Does it reflect badly on a woman if her facebook isn't being blown up all of the time? If it's obvious she's not a very popular person?
I think this is related to the fact that I'm well aware that I'm perceived as "lower status".
Id actually prefer it that way. No distractions.

Old 12-06-2019, 01:42 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,037,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
When I read your thread title, I thought you were talking about REAL friends, you know--people you actually hang out with and are involved with face-to-face to a certain extent.

OP, forget about FB. Get a life, a real life. Or if you already have one, enjoy it. Don't worry about what people are thinking.

Sheesh.
That's just it, for some people, to them, social media life is not much different from real life.

Old 12-06-2019, 07:31 AM

972 posts, read 543,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I dated a girl who only had 1 friend that she didn't talk to very much, and she wanted to spend all her time with me, which wasn't that cool because she basically hung all over me and would call me all the time.
Yeah, that would be my concern. I wouldn't want to deal with, I don't have anybody else, so I'm all alone whenever your not with me.

You started this thread mischaracterizing your problem as not having a huge list of FB "friends," when it's actually about your in-person social situation. That kind of dramatizing might be part of why you're having social difficulty. Or maybe you misperceive your social difficulty. Maybe you're just an introvert who doesn't naturally draw the kind of social scene you admire.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:05 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,811,290 times
Men usually don't care about how many friends a woman has. He does care about how they impact on your relationship with him. If he is a face book junky, too much drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships