Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:32 PM

802 posts, read 1,682,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Well-dressed"? He's in a t-shirt, an oversized one, at that.

You would look really good in tailored clothes. Shirts or jackets that nip in at the waist. Sharp! It would show off your build to best advantage. Maybe that's for the future, when you're a little older. Sometimes, you just have to wait for your time to come. Some people are late bloomers. I see you as a medium-bloomer. Give it time. "All comes to him, who waits." --Chinese proverb.
That's my basketball shirt lol. I like somewhat loose fitted clothes when I play sports.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:36 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlsanders View Post
So going by your anology.....im not good looking since I often get called "cute" interesting.....P.S. If you wanna see what im talking about my pics are in my profile.
You made me go look! Nope, I don't think you are "cute." You're handsome!

I guess it depends on what the speaker means when they say "cute." To me, it's sort of like a cute little pony, and I want a full grown stallion. Or a cute little puppy dog instead of a watch dog.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees1212 View Post
Are you talking to me? If so, you then obviously did not read what i wrote in my original post. The internet is basically the only place where you can get an unbiased and honest opinion from people that you will probably never meet in real life. I do not gain or derive a personal ego boost from reading other people's comments. This is not to say I don't appreciate them though.
How much is enough?

Why must you dissect what is meant by "cute?"

Why the emphasis on hot versus attractive versus cute?

You're a little obsessed.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:42 PM

802 posts, read 1,682,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
How much is enough?

Why must you dissect what is meant by "cute?"

Why the emphasis on hot versus attractive versus cute?

You're a little obsessed.
I asked one follow up question to my original post and you deem that as obsessed? Get a grip

Old 04-22-2012, 09:50 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,974 times
Honestly, I would say you are average.

Don't worry about being called self-obsessed. I posted a topic in the Fashion and Beauty forum asking how old I look and people said the same thing about me; that I was vain, self obsessed, and eventually my thread got locked!!

Me, personally (and I am a female) I want to be HOT more than ANYTHING. I don't like being called "Cute"..... Hot, in my opinion is always better than cute. Hot is the guy or girl who stops traffic when they walk in the room.

For a female, hot would be Megan Fox or Britney Spears when she was 18-20. Playboy models are hot. Hot generally equals sex appeal and a "sexy" face... "Cute" is like Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde; majority of guys would prefer Megan Fox.

When it comes to guys, "Hot" are guys like Brad Pitt when he was younger.... When he was in his mid 20's -30's he was scorching hot... A lot of it has to do with perfect symmetrical features, his cheekbones, jawline and the body; body was buff, six pack, big arms.

Personally I prefer HOT guys over cute guys. Justin Timberlake was kinda cute but never hot to me. I can't really think of any male movie stars that are cute; the big box office ones are generally always HOT.

Some guys grow into their hotness; Zac Effron was cute in HSM but now he is hot.

A lot of it has to do with facial features for men; jawline, cheekbones, perfect tall nose plus the features are generally symmetrical. Just look at male models; a lot of them have similar features.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:58 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
Honestly, I would say you are average.

Don't worry about being called self-obsessed. I posted a topic in the Fashion and Beauty forum asking how old I look and people said the same thing about me; that I was vain, self obsessed, and eventually my thread got locked!!

Me, personally (and I am a female) I want to be HOT more than ANYTHING. I don't like being called "Cute"..... Hot, in my opinion is always better than cute. Hot is the guy or girl who stops traffic when they walk in the room.

For a female, hot would be Megan Fox or Britney Spears when she was 18-20. Playboy models are hot. Hot generally equals sex appeal and a "sexy" face... "Cute" is like Reese Witherspoon in Legally Blonde; majority of guys would prefer Megan Fox.

When it comes to guys, "Hot" are guys like Brad Pitt when he was younger.... When he was in his mid 20's -30's he was scorching hot... A lot of it has to do with perfect symmetrical features, his cheekbones, jawline and the body; body was buff, six pack, big arms.

Personally I prefer HOT guys over cute guys. Justin Timberlake was kinda cute but never hot to me. I can't really think of any male movie stars that are cute; the big box office ones are generally always HOT.

Some guys grow into their hotness; Zac Effron was cute in HSM but now he is hot.

A lot of it has to do with facial features for men; jawline, cheekbones, perfect tall nose plus the features are generally symmetrical. Just look at male models; a lot of them have similar features.
This post epotimizes what is wrong with our culture.... vanity shallowness, and crap that just doesn't matter in the long run.

I've been a fairly attractive guy when I was younger, even then, I thought it was all silly nonsense, looks fade, and when they do, you stuck with "yourself"......

Old 04-22-2012, 10:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees1212 View Post
I asked one follow up question to my original post and you deem that as obsessed? Get a grip
You're only 18 and right now look like a teen. By 25 you'll look back at your pics now and be surprised at how much you've changed and matured in appearence. Take some of the advice here in the thread, working out and eat right. Don't forget about your skin too. You have the potential to be hot.

Look at photos of George Clooney. He was an average looking guy in his teens and bestowed 'sexiest man alive' by People magazine, 3 times.

Ignore the negative comments, don't let it bring you down.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This post epotimizes what is wrong with our culture.... vanity shallowness, and crap that just doesn't matter in the long run.

I've been a fairly attractive guy when I was younger, even then, I thought it was all silly nonsense, looks fade, and when they do, you stuck with "yourself"......
The OP wanted to know the difference between HOT and Cute and I am only letting him know. How is that vain and shallow?

The topic of this thread was not "Is our society vain and shallow" or "Why we shouldn't worry about looks cause it doesn't matter in the long run"...

No; he wanted to be judged and wanted to know the difference between Hot and Cute and I was only answering his question. Believe me, I've actually had hour long conversations with an ex-friend about the difference between Hot and Cute and which one we'd prefer to be so I am very familiar with the difference...

Hot is about sex appeal and inciting lust at first glance. Cute is well; just cute.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:14 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
The OP wanted to know the difference between HOT and Cute and I am only letting him know. How is that vain and shallow?

The topic of this thread was not "Is our society vain and shallow" or "Why we shouldn't worry about looks cause it doesn't matter in the long run"...

No; he wanted to be judged and wanted to know the difference between Hot and Cute and I was only answering his question. Believe me, I've actually had hour long conversations with an ex-friend about the difference between Hot and Cute and which one we'd prefer to be so I am very familiar with the difference...

Hot is about sex appeal and inciting lust at first glance. Cute is well; just cute.
LOL, You're actually right.

I had a different mind set when I first read your post.... sorry.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, You're actually right.

I had a different mind set when I first read your post.... sorry.

But to be honest; I do happen to be kind of shallow and I do mean everything I wrote in that post btw.... About preferring to be hot over cute and the difference between the two. I wasn't being sarcastic but serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships