Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:13 PM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Sorry I'm not buying this story. Maybe the black girls could have been either average or ugly and the white girl was a 10. Besides, those black women are not OWED any men or interest, PERIOD, HBCU or no HBCU.
You just insulted Prinie by implying she's plain or ugly. Smooth move.

The frat mentality in general tends to be elitist and a bit outside what I'd call the norm. You have to be a 10 just to get any attention at all. It's really not a healthy atmosphere.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:19 PM

399 posts, read 581,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

The frat mentality in general tends to be elitist and a bit outside what I'd call the norm. You have to be a 10 just to get any attention at all. It's really not a healthy atmosphere.

It's okay, I didn't take it personally.

I can't judge like that because beauty is subjective.

I do agree with you as that was the wrong crowd. All black men are not at all like that and that wasn't the point I was making (I feel you know that though) and those who are, well, they are. I just go off and find the "exception". I personally believe that in a world this big, there's more of "them" than the ones who "cop out".

Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 PM

31,011 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinieRN View Post
Ionno man, if I keep hearing posts like the OP, I probably won't even GET a chance to bail.

I've been to predominantly black (99% black. HBCU sorority and fraternity parties) where the black men didn't even try to dance with the black females let alone make eye contact and then the moment a white female walked in and started to move they'd, "Awwww DAMN!" start tappin their friend's shoulder real fast, pointing, covering their mouths and jumping from foot to foot and run right over to her and surround her to dance. Is that a preference? Maybe it's a form of self-hatred? But the way I see it, tain't nothing but a brain-washing and self-defeatist attitude. Can't really have somethin' that don't really want you.
"men didn't even try to dance with the black females let alone make eye contact"
Sounds like an experience I had at a mostly black club I was at last year; AA women sitting around or dancing with each other, AA men with mostly white dates mostly sitting. I showed up with a black date (Woman of course) and she said I was getting the evil eye from a lot of the men and they all had white dates, go figure. "Yep, still some hurdles to jump"

Old 04-27-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I just go off and find the "exception".
If anything works out with the guy from Gabon, I'd like to hear about it! I love happy endings! He sounds like a nice guy.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:30 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:

I did not intend to call HER ugly. I was just saying maybe the black guys were just not attracted to that selection of women that just happened to be black.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
If anything works out with the guy from Gabon, I'd like to hear about it! I love happy endings! He sounds like a nice guy.
Thanks. But I do feel he and I will end up just remaining friends as I never see him around anymore. My heart says so. From what I know of him he seems like a very sweet guy. It's so funny though because last year he asked me to a dance and I said "no" because I just wasn't emotionally in a place to even notice him. And there I was yesterday with my heart beating just at the sound of his accent.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I did not intend to call HER ugly. I was just saying maybe the black guys were just not attracted to that selection of women that just happened to be black.
Yes, but you see, she was among that selection of women that you wrote off as being unattractive. Open mouth, insert foot.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Thanks. But I do feel he and I will end up just remaining friends as I never see him around anymore. My heart says so. From what I know of him he seems like a very sweet guy. It's so funny though because last year he asked me to a dance and I said "no" because I just wasn't emotionally in a place to even notice him. And there I was yesterday with my heart beating just at the sound of his accent.
aww, that's so sweet! I just looked up Gabon. It's one of the most successful economies in Africa, they really have their act together. It's one of the Francophone countries, so he must speak with a bit of a French accent? I don't know about Gabon, but Congolese music is to die for!! SO danceable!!

So your heart feels there's no chance fate will bring you two together again? Are you both still students? There must be an African students' organization, or something. They organize dances and cultural events on campus, usually. Maybe if you figured out the right place to hang around?

Best wishes, whatever the case.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
LOL! That is really sad. And raises another important question. Why bother even attending an HBCU (or party) if you didn't want to meet other black people. Sounds like a dumb choice to me.....
I wish I had gone to an HBCU. I know I would have had a much better time socially.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"men didn't even try to dance with the black females let alone make eye contact"
Sounds like an experience I had at a mostly black club I was at last year; AA women sitting around or dancing with each other, AA men with mostly white dates mostly sitting. I showed up with a black date (Woman of course) and she said I was getting the evil eye from a lot of the men and they all had white dates, go figure. "Yep, still some hurdles to jump"
Yeah, it's silly. I don't even know what it's about anymore but it's like you say...we still got some work to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships