Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 12:28 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterlife4me View Post
Lets face it, a much larger percentage of the black men/white women couples that are out there the white women are not attractive. There are BM/WW couples irrespective of income where the WW are attractive but that pales in comparison to the norm.
Yeah, I was gonna say this too, I just didn't want the "racist" hammer dropped on my head.

A lot of them are big fat mammas......... There is one right here in my condo bldg, big sloppy broad with a relatively handsome black dude.

I'm wondering what happened there....

Old 04-28-2012, 12:29 PM

72 posts, read 87,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
When are we ALL going to just be honest and just admit that (many and/or some) Black men view White women (or non-Black women) as a trophy? Or as a symbol that they have "arrived" just like a BMW or Mercedes, the house on the hill and the Rolex watch?
wanna know why?...... pain............ if you were one of the black or hispanic men who did that you would be instantly labeled a self hater and closet racist. by saying that, you would also assert that black men equates dating non-black women as "dating up"

the reaction is the same when shorter guys know they could have everything and still get passed up by even shorter girls for the 6 footer, or when even ugly men look past ugly women for the buxom blond.. there isn't anything they can do about it! no one wants to be labeled #2 even if there was some scientific explanation for it..... they would cast it off as scientific racism....

i can see it hurting though. last year i brought a white date (she was italian, slender and beautiful) to a club and a woman in a group of women of my race said "even he is able to pull a white chick who looks like that? what the f---- ", hinting that even someone of my short stature (5'6) is able to date a caucasian woman let alone get a date at all.......................

Old 04-28-2012, 12:43 PM

45 posts, read 74,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I was gonna say this too, I just didn't want the "racist" hammer dropped on my head.

A lot of them are big fat mammas......... There is one right here in my condo bldg, big sloppy broad with a relatively handsome black dude.

I'm wondering what happened there....
I have seen this too, but I guess everybody must be an "angry black woman" or "racist" to make this observation.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:50 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
The only time I see black men with good looking white women is when the men are exceptional, as I said earlier on the thread. Exceptional men (of all races) can and do date anyone they want. Among average black men in Brooklyn and Manhattan (I don't really go to Queens or the other boroughs) I NEVER see average black men with good looking white women.

As for the overweight issue, and height, and average not wanting to date average, those are separate topics. Most people have an inflated sense of their self worth so that's what is actually happening.
Yeah, adding in height and weight waters down the topic.

I do know that when I do go out to a club that has a high percentage of BM/WF combinations the woman are usually not what I would find attractive, but if the guys like them thats their own preference. It's only odd to me cause there's usually some great looking black women there.

On the other hand the proffessional black men that I work with typically have attractive white/Hispanic girlfriends or spouses. Not all of these guys are great looking either but they carry thierselves well, can mix well regardless of ethnic surroundings and make several times the average persons salary.

I think all of the impressions here are accurate for the people who experience them. We do not all associate with the same people and don't all share the same experiences. There are plenty of black and white people who will only approach, talk and socialize with other black and white people. I don't agree with that approach because I don't like being limited in who I socialize with, but we all have the personal freedom to make the choice and thats what counts

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-28-2012 at 01:24 PM..

Old 04-28-2012, 12:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post
wanna know why?...... pain............ if you were one of the black or hispanic men who did that you would be instantly labeled a self hater and closet racist. by saying that, you would also assert that black men equates dating non-black women as "dating up"

the reaction is the same when shorter guys know they could have everything and still get passed up by even shorter girls for the 6 footer, or when even ugly men look past ugly women for the buxom blond.. there isn't anything they can do about it! no one wants to be labeled #2 even if there was some scientific explanation for it..... they would cast it off as scientific racism....

i can see it hurting though. last year i brought a white date (she was italian, slender and beautiful) to a club and a woman in a group of women of my race said "even he is able to pull a white chick who looks like that? what the f---- ", hinting that even someone of my short stature (5'6) is able to date a caucasian woman let alone get a date at all.......................
Is that what they "said" or is that what you imagined that they were saying?

I, for one, have no problems with everyone dating and marrying whom ever they so desire. However, I think that a lot of Black men use non-Black women as a trophy or a symbol of "achievement" rather than simply looking at the woman as a great individual who happens to be of another race. (FYI, your own post highlights that exact attitude).

In the big picture it really does not matter who one choses to date/marry but the divorce statistics for BM/WW couples are very high while the divorce rate for WM/BW couples is lower than that of any group including WM/WW couples. So Black men are not finding a marital "utopia" simply by selecting non-Black wives and they are bringing their own issues into these relationships which causes them to ultimately fail. So I really wish that these men would stop blaming Black women for their relationship issues.

Interracial marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-28-2012, 01:05 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post

1. Did this woman actually say this out loud? Sorry but I don't believe this is a real quote.

2. Even if she did say it, it has nothing to do with this thread. This story belongs on a "women rejected me because of height" thread, not this "women rejected me because of race" thread. There are plenty here, should you care to bump one.

You are going to have to get past this chip you have on your shoulder. We all get rejected from time to time for unfair reasons. Unless you in the 1% in the dating world - super rich man or super gorgeous woman - you have to suck it up and compete just like the rest of us. I have entered rooms and was the hottest thing there, and I have also entered rooms in which I was the ugliest. My solution is to try to stick to the former and avoid the latter. Nothing wrong with that, but if I have to make threads about it and constantly complain about it, obviously I have a problem within myself.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:15 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Still trying to figure out where all of your anger is coming from on this subject.
Lol, anger? I'm not the one who goes around saying there are no good black men. Angry black women do that. I'm not the one who tries to belittle black women when they date outside their race by saying that the white men they date are ugly and fat. Angry black women do that. I'm not the the crying about how black women are the least likely to be married because "were too strong". Angry black women do that.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:23 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterlife4me View Post
Don't take the words of someone who calls himself 14 bricks seriously. It is obvious that he is angry for whatever reason and seeks the opportunity to bash black women every chance he gets.
You need to go back and read the whole thread, black women in here are the ones saying "black men hate themselves" "black men have been brainwashed by the media" "I have to date white men, because there are no black men on my level" that's the only bashing I see in here going. No other race if men have to put up with this foolishness except black men. I see a lot lot of whites dudes who date asians and Latino dudes who date white women, I'm pretty sure the women of their same ethnic group don't say these type of things.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:25 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, anger? I'm not the one who goes around saying there are no good black men. Angry black women do that.
Please quote where someone said that on this thread.

Quote:
I'm not the one who tries to belittle black women when they date outside their race by saying that the white men they date are ugly and fat. Angry black women do that.
I said this of average black men, and clearly noted that it is not true of exceptional black men. You are not exceptional, and therefore you are hurt. Sorry that it touches a nerve since you are average, but hey, I am average too. Most of us are!

Quote:
I'm not the the crying about how black women are the least likely to be married because "were too strong". Angry black women do that.
Please quote where someone said that on this thread.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:26 PM

445 posts, read 865,060 times
Black women aren't making this stuff up.QUOTE=betterlife4me;24068597]I have seen this too, but I guess everybody must be an "angry black woman" or "racist" to make this observation.[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships