Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 03:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
smh...and yet another shaming tactic.

And black women who want a white male view them as what exactly? A charity case?

I think it's amazing how some black women claim that black men put white women on some magical pedistool, but can't see the same actions in themselves.

The hypocrisy of some is crippling.
Relationships between WM/BW tend to be based on factors that extend beyond the superficial. The majority of Black women in relationships with White men do not view their partners as a "trophy" and therefore the relationships are built upon more solid foundations.

In (some/many) relationships between BM/WW, there tends to be an objectification (or even an idealization) of WW and a superficiality that does not stand the test of time and is not able to sustain a long-term marriage. If you read many of the comments on this thread and others of similar topic, many of the Black men who post reference women's looks and physique. These are superficial factors that do not hold marriages together. Common interests, similar values, compatible education level, similar professional backgrounds, etc are what defines relationships of greater longevity.

The statistics speak for themselves...

A 2008 study by Jenifer L. Bratter and Rosalind B. King conducted on behalf of the Education Resources Information Center examined whether crossing racial boundaries increased the risk of divorce.[9] Using the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth (Cycle VI), the likelihood of divorce for interracial couples to that of same-race couples was compared.

White wife/Black husband marriages are twice as likely to divorce by the 10th year of marriage compared to White/White couples, while White wife/Asian husband marriages are 59% more likely to end in divorce compared to White/White unions.[9] Conversely, White men/non-White women couples show either very little or no differences in divorce rates.[9] Asian wife/White husband marriages show only 4% greater likelihood of divorce by the 10th year of marriage than White/White couples.[9] In the case of Black wife/White husband marriages, divorce by the 10th year of marriage is 44% less likely than among White/White unions.[9

Interracial marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-28-2012, 03:23 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
One day, when racial ambiguity is the norm worldwide, anthropologists, sociologists, and psychologists will look back on the thinking that produces threads like this with the same kind of horror and morbid fascination with which modern physicians regard the surgical techniques of the Middle Ages.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:28 PM

72 posts, read 87,751 times
it is implied with all of the: (x = race)

"all X men want a trophy wife which is why they go after white women"
"all average X men cannot get a hot wife, so they run after the average looking and fat white women"
"men who go for X women bash their race constantly to justify their choice"

well........ guess what it could also be that (using white women as the example) that lots of men find white women attractive, regardless of shape. looks can be secondary, clear olive or white skin tones can be the attraction magnet.......

just like lots of women bash short men and attribute good character traits to tall men even though a lot of these character traits are not genetic trait dependent. lots of women say things like:

"all short men are angry, have a chip on their shoulder"
"taller men are more confident and can protect better"
"i dated three short men, they all had issues........... never again will i date a short man"

men say

"women who are overweight are all glutenous pigs who are unhealthy"
"overweight women are greedy......... i will never date an overweight woman"

it's no different! assigning positive or negative character traits to any genetic trait is bad business, yet people do this all of the time with other genetic traits (height, weight, hair color) and only race gets the bad rap.

this practice is all bad! wherever it is employed!

there is no difference.

then there are people who may date a certain type of men/women (whatever race) have lots of bad experiences with them and then go on to date other races and have nothing but good experience. you only have one life, and if you've been striking out in one area for a long time and have better experiences elsewhere, then why the animosity? everyone's experiences are different, and yes bad experiences with the same type, even it was a coincidence will leave a bitter taste in someone's mouth.

so there are many reasons why someone will choose to only date one type of man/woman. it's their business. doesn't matter the reason why. if they aren't into you, you won't be dating them. and this issue is not specific to only black women, asian men, indian men, or whatever.

lots of groups deal with these unfair double standards, stereotypes and they all can create dating obstacles for many.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:29 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Relationships between WM/BW tend to be based on factors that extend beyond the superficial. The majority of Black women in relationships with White men do not view their partners as a "trophy" and therefore the relationships are built upon more solid foundations.
Come on. Let's keep things honest here. Black women who exclusively date white men are just as likely to be chasing status as black men who exclusively date white women.

The reason WM/BM works out better long term is that marriages are more likely to survive when the male is the dominant partner. If a black woman puts her white man on a pedestal and such is submissive to his desires and needs it is just fine. But if a black man does the same with a white woman, there will eventually be a backlash because he will be unable to be submissive to her desires long term.

And again I am talking about status daters, not people who just so happen to fall in love with a different race.

PC desires aside, marriages have more long term success when the male is the dominant partner, and by dominant I mean the one one with the most power. (Excluding fetishist types of course.) This is why when the two are of the same race, the marriage will have greater success if the male is the breadwinner. The breadwinner is almost always the more dominant partner by default.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:41 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Come on. Let's keep things honest here. Black women who exclusively date white men are just as likely to be chasing status as black men who exclusively date white women.

The reason WM/BM works out better long term is that marriages are more likely to survive when the male is the dominant partner. If a black woman puts her white man on a pedestal and such is submissive to his desires and needs it is just fine. But if a black man does the same with a white woman, there will eventually be a backlash because he will be unable to be submissive to her desires long term.

And again I am talking about status daters, not people who just so happen to fall in love with a different race.

PC desires aside, marriages have more long term success when the male is the dominant partner, and by dominant I mean the one one with the most power. (Excluding fetishist types of course.) This is why when the two are of the same race, the marriage will have greater success if the male is the breadwinner. The breadwinner is almost always the more dominant partner by default.
So, BM are not the dominant partner in BM/WW relationships?

Also, I am not stating that there are not Black women who view White men partners as a "trophy" but the number is far fewer than the number of Black men who view White women as a "trophy".

Old 04-28-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So, BM are not the dominant partner in BM/WW relationships?

Also, I am not stating that there are not Black women who view White men partners as a "trophy" but the number is far fewer than the number of Black men who view White women as a "trophy".
You don't know this to be true, you are merely guessing, and your guess is based on self-serving reasons. There are no polls out there, and of course even if there were a poll few people would answer honestly.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:16 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC;24066249[B
]The only time I see black men with good looking white women is when the men are exceptional, as I said earlier on the thread. Exceptional men (of all races) can and do date anyone they want. Among average black men in Brooklyn and Manhattan (I don't really go to Queens or the other boroughs) I NEVER see average black men with good looking white women. [/b]

As for the overweight issue, and height, and average not wanting to date average, those are separate topics. Most people have an inflated sense of their self worth so that's what is actually happening.

This is mostly correct. No matter what some others say, I also have eyes. Not saying I have NEVER, EVER seen a decent looking white woman with a black man. But, overwhelmingly, that white woman is either fat and nasty, just plain homely, or just...okay looking. I have NEVER seen an average black guy with a good looking white woman, nevermind HOT. UNLESS he was rich..or famous..or both. Not saying they are not out there, but that is not what you see in the grocery stores, at the movies, etc, at the park, etc.

I am mixed race(black and white), so do I still get put in the bitter category? I date both black and white guys. And the white guys I attract are better looking than the black guys I attract so.........it's all good to me.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Personally I will date any race so long as he is educated. Unfortunately that cuts down on the number of black men available to me, since the average black male does not hold a college degree. When you think about it, this is further evidence that average black guys date ugly white women. Why? Women date up. Almost always! And the better looking she is, they further up she is able to date.

Just look at a routine thread in which (white) men are talking about dating (white) women. The uneducated/lower income ones lament that women are evil gold diggers because they won't give them the time of day... and of course they are only complaining about attractive women, none of them are desiring the fat, ugly ones either. Why? Women date up. Women are hypergamous by nature, always have been, always will be. If an attractive white woman won't give a lower income white guy the time of day, she sure as hell isn't going to give it to a lower income black guy. And I hate to break it to you, 14Bricks, but the average black man earns a low income and is not educated.

Now let's get to the cartoon some one put up a little while ago. That once again demonstrates the hypergamy that is a part of the nature of most women, the concept of dating up. Women prefer the alpha in most situations. In high school - as the cartoon demonstrates - the alpha isn't the bookworm, it is the athletic guy with the pumped up chest. This is true across all races as most guys will tell you. In a violent society, it would be the man most handy with a gun. In a neighborhood over run by drugs, it would be the drug king pin. These are the guys with the money and/or power. As people age they move into different situations, their perception of who is the alpha moves as well. It's still about money and power, but who has the money and power has shifted. High school alpha has peaked already and is broke at 35+. High school math nerd on the other hand is entering his prime earning phase at 35+ and so now he is in control. This also is true across all races; if you look around this very board you will see white men lamenting this about white women.

Fact is, once a man becomes better than the average for his group, usually this relates to finances, all dating handicaps go out the window. This is why some time after the age of 35 being short, bald or fat doesn't matter so much any more. Black men with attractive white women? As I said from the start, that only happens with the upper level black men. Successful business men, actors, etc... Average ones? Come on.

I am just not allowed to rep you any more. I would 10 times If i could!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
This is mostly correct. No matter what some others say, I also have eyes. Not saying I have NEVER, EVER seen a decent looking white woman with a black man. But, overwhelmingly, that white woman is either fat and nasty, just plain homely, or just...okay looking. I have NEVER seen an average black guy with a good looking white woman, nevermind HOT. UNLESS he was rich..or famous..or both. Not saying they are not out there, but that is not what you see in the grocery stores, at the movies, etc, at the park, etc.

I am mixed race(black and white), so do I still get put in the bitter category? I date both black and white guys. And the white guys I attract are better looking than the black guys I attract so.........it's all good to me.
You are half bitter.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
. No other race if men have to put up with this foolishness except black men..

Ding ding ding!! You are correct. And do you know why that is?? Because no other race of man is as down on themselves, insecure, looking for validation, etc etc as a black man is. BAM. A white man sure doesnt act or feel that way..he is the poster child for success..according to society.
Even the lowest of white males feel superior to a black male.

Hispanics can act this way to a certain extent, but they dont do it as much as a BLACK male does. A lot of hispanics have a lot of ethnic pride. Black men, out of all the races, regardless of sex, dont have that. They are constantly looking for validation. Perhaps because they are viewed as lowlifes and just plain 'scary' by a good portion of society. Hey..just my opinion. Ya dont have to like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships