Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 02:14 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times

Advertisements

Here's the white male version of this thread topic:

Back from Thailand. My quest for a 'mail order bride'

Old 04-28-2012, 02:16 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
When are we ALL going to just be honest and just admit that (many and/or some) Black men view White women (or non-Black women) as a trophy? Or as a symbol that they have "arrived" just like a BMW or Mercedes, the house on the hill and the Rolex watch?
smh...and yet another shaming tactic.

And black women who want a white male view them as what exactly? A charity case?

I think it's amazing how some black women claim that black men put white women on some magical pedistool, but can't see the same actions in themselves.

The hypocrisy of some is crippling.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:17 PM

45 posts, read 74,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You really aren't reading my posts, are you? You are obviously just skimming.
Maybe he lacks reading comprehension.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but I think that you are interpreting the comments that have been made in this thread in a very one dimensional manner.

The difference between White men who date Asian women and Black men who date White (non-Black) women is that the White men do not have a tendency or well-documented pattern of bad mouthing White women as an "excuse" to date Asian women. And Hispanic men who prefer White women do not "blame" Hispanic women for their choices. These men do not use women of their own race as a scapegoat for their choices.
Interestingly, tons of Asian women DO scapegoat Asian men when they explain why they are dating white guys. You know why that is? Those who scapegoat - whether they are black men or asian women - are dating for status instead of anything romantic.

People who date interracially who don't scapegoat are the ones who are simply exercising a preference or just so happened to have met someone different that they like.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
smh...and yet another shaming tactic.

And black women who want a white male view them as what exactly? A charity case?

I think it's amazing how some black women claim that black men put white women on some magical pedistool, but can't see the same actions in themselves.

The hypocrisy of some is crippling.
Absolutely you will find black women dating for white men for status too.

Typically the white man will be a loser who white women don't want. He will have decided that he'd rather have an attractive black status dater over the extremely unattractive woman of his own race. And he has learned to spot a black female status dater. (Men are very good at improving their sexual odds, much better than women.)

The only reason why I have not brought this up is because that isn't the topic at hand.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times
Quote:
Actually, it is a matter of social proof.
well whatever you want to call it. it is what people believe .

Old 04-28-2012, 02:35 PM

45 posts, read 74,128 times
Quote:
Interestingly, tons of Asian women DO scapegoat Asian men when they explain why they are dating white guys. You know why that is? Those who scapegoat - whether they are black men or asian women - are dating for status instead of anything romantic.

People who date interracially who don't scapegoat are the ones who are simply exercising a preference or just so happened to have met someone different that they like.
I agree if you want to date outside your race, just do so. There is no reason to say demeaning/disparaging things about those in your race of the opposite gender, in order to make yourself look better. I know plenty of people who date interracially and it is just like any other relationship. They are not bragging, patting each other on the back or bashing others.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterlife4me View Post
I agree if you want to date outside your race, just do so. There is no reason to say demeaning/disparaging things about those in your race of the opposite gender, in order to make yourself look better. I know plenty of people who date interracially and it is just like any other relationship. They are not bragging, patting each other on the back or bashing others.
Exactly. I know plenty who do and I will do so myself. If you have to bash your own kind to do it, it is very obvious that you are dating the person because you have something to prove. If you bring up their race unnecessarily, that also shows you have something to prove.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:57 PM

72 posts, read 87,751 times
the main issue is that people refuse to believe that someone can be attracted to skin color and/or certain traits that we attribute to certain races.... they just flat out refuse to believe that is possible to find women/men of one race more attractive than their own, or that one would have a strong preference or even "requirement" that the opposite sex be a different color/race than their own.

bringing up height is relevant because like race or skin color it is a trait that you can find attractive or unattractive!

what is the difference between saying:

"i want a nice guy who has a college degree, who makes at least $40k, drives, has a place, can be any race but must be at least 5'10 or better"

and

"i want a woman, she can be any height, must have a college degree, have no children, is independent, must be white, asian or hispanic"

and

"i want a woman, i do not care about her occupation, just that she have a job, she can be any race, but must be curvy"

no man in their right mind would put the last one on a dating profile.... but people can like what they like? there doesn't have to be any self hate involved. there is nothing wrong with having a strong preference...... that guy may see a really attractive woman that is not in his preference and go for her for other reasons (nice personality, loyal... another poster here said he isn't into black woman but dated on because he liked her a lot to the point where his preference didn't matter).

same as the woman who only goes for 6 footers and meets a 5'8 guy that sweeps her off her feet.

same as the guy who only goes for skinny blondes and then meets a curvy read head that makes his toes curl

same as the guy who prefers to date asian women and then meets a black woman that is a knockout (to him) and then pursues.........

in all the above examples, i just swapped out and switched traits. being short doesn't make someone bad, being white doesn't make someone good, being overweight doesn't make someone loyal... all are character neutral traits.....

trash talking your own race of women because of past experiences or to show how they are not your preference is in bad taste............ but truthfully speaking about your experiences or stating that you have a strong preference for a certain type of woman, race, weight or whatever.... there's nothing wrong with that.

Everybody is different!

Old 04-28-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post
the main issue is that people refuse to believe that someone can be attracted to skin color and/or certain traits that we attribute to certain races.... they just flat out refuse to believe that is possible to find women/men of one race more attractive than their own, or that one would have a strong preference or even "requirement" that the opposite sex be a different color/race than their own.
<snip>
Please quote where someone said anything like this on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships