Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 08:24 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,588,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I obviously can't speak for all men...but I know for my husband it was the anticipation. For most men, the anticipation is the worst part.

But...he got a 42" flat screen TV in the bedroom out of the deal...LOL
That was his recovery gift from me. Well...that and room service and LOTS of other service very soon afterwards
The only concern I had was the doc's expression when I told him I didn't want kids, but he held true to his oath.
I was back to work a day later, didn't take the pain meds prescribed either.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:27 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,568,457 times
Quote:
Noooo...you can't do that! Her bird talks!

I'd love a talking bird but with my luck it would only learn the dirty words that come out of my mouth!
Some of the things that come out of her mouth... I am blaming the tv.

She's only 9, and I don't see her changing her feelings about me anytime soon. She will talk sweetly to me to get me near her cage and almost brave enough to scratch her head. Then she lunges and bites at me. LOL

Old 05-05-2012, 08:31 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,100,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Saw Avengers. Now going to a KY derby after party.
OH my word...I need to get my head out of the gutter.

My first thought when I read KY derby was "orgy"
I almost asked "what do you mean by KY derby??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
The only concern I had was the doc's expression when I told him I didn't want kids, but he held true to his oath.
I was back to work a day later, didn't take the pain meds prescribed either.
I made him take the pain meds...because he's a self-described weenie when it comes to pain.

I have to say I got a chuckle out of him trying to get up the stairs and even walking after the lidocain wore off. I referred to him as a penguin.

I took enough of his antics when I was laid-up in recovery for all the many surgeries and procedures I've had...payback is a biotch!

Old 05-05-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Some of the things that come out of her mouth... I am blaming the tv.

She's only 9, and I don't see her changing her feelings about me anytime soon. She will talk sweetly to me to get me near her cage and almost brave enough to scratch her head. Then she lunges and bites at me. LOL
LOL, sounds like one of my cats. He'll be all sweet and then flop onto the floor. I bend down to pet him and he swats at me. Little booger.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:53 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,222,728 times
Quote:
Noooo...you can't do that! Her bird talks!

I'd love a talking bird but with my luck it would only learn the dirty words that come out of my mouth!
I worked in a mall at a men's clothing store in high school and there was a pet shop across the hall. They had a small talking bird in a cage they put out in the hallway. This little old man whom I worked with would walk over to the petstore once a day religiously and lean into the birdcage and say F You to the bird. Just once and once a day. A couple months went by and I went out front to find a sales rep and they were all laughing and here comes the little old dude red as a beet holding in laughter. The bird finally said it back to him. The next day you could hear that bird all the way across the hallways telling people "F-You" as they walked by. Next day the bird was gone.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,016,325 times
My wife decided she wanted a bird. It was some kind of parrot, connuer or something or other. That things was frickin crazy. Would be sitting on your shoulder all happy loving you up and all of a sudden bite your ear. Hard as in something needs to die, NOW, kinda hard. I knew it wouldn't last long though because he would inevitably get away and the old lady kept an extremely neat house. The bird wasn't going to fly around and crap on stuff long before he was gone. Exactly what happened. She gave him away to another couple after a few weeks. Left me feeling ambivalent towards birds as pets. I can see how a bird that was trained and not psychotic might be cool but that sure wasn't the experience that we had.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I worked in a mall at a men's clothing store in high school and there was a pet shop across the hall. They had a small talking bird in a cage they put out in the hallway. This little old man whom I worked with would walk over to the petstore once a day religiously and lean into the birdcage and say F You to the bird. Just once and once a day. A couple months went by and I went out front to find a sales rep and they were all laughing and here comes the little old dude red as a beet holding in laughter. The bird finally said it back to him. The next day you could hear that bird all the way across the hallways telling people "F-You" as they walked by. Next day the bird was gone.
LMAO...I would have paid extra for that bird!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:50 PM

37,713 posts, read 46,140,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I know lots of people who own it. I don't. That universe of super heroes are boring to me lol.
Wow. If thought that was a boring movie, what on earth do you like??

Old 05-05-2012, 10:05 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,588,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Wow. If thought that was a boring movie, what on earth do you like??
He likes the real ones in video games.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:01 PM

52,370 posts, read 52,836,239 times
Cars and comic book movies are off the table.... I guess.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships