Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 07:52 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times

Advertisements

By the way, what's so wrong with being proud to be someone's wife or husband?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
But of course!

Based on years of experience on message boards, I opted to make it an obvious point that I am married. What you are unaware of is my many other handles on other accounts, which may or may not have something to do with being married.

And yes, my husband is a very big part of my life and I make no apologies for that. What you are unaware of is that I'm often asked online and off is "What does your husband do?" Hence why that username popped in my head.

So with that, you can infer whatever you wish from my username.
I always wondered WHAT your husband imported. It's okay, you can tell me, I'm not a nark .

Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
By the way, what's so wrong with being proud to be someone's wife or husband?
Nothing...but I guess it just suggests you identify yourself mainly as someone's wife? Again nothing from with that, just an observation/assumption.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Nothing...but I guess it just suggests you identify yourself mainly as someone's wife? Again nothing from with that, just an observation/assumption.
You do realize that there is only so much one can put into a username, right?

Most of my other handles have 5150 in it. You can infer whatever you wish from that. (Although since you're not from the states, it won't mean much to you. )

Old 05-10-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
You do realize that there is only so much one can put into a username, right?

Most of my other handles have 5150 in it. You can infer whatever you wish from that. (Although since you're not from the states, it won't mean much to you. )
True, it might mean nothing.

I actually only have my username because that's the username I use for my e-mail address, that I've used since 2003. For some reason, I just tend to use the same user-name for almost everything.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I always wondered WHAT your husband imported. It's okay, you can tell me, I'm not a nark .
If I told you, then I would have to kill you.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 05-10-2012 at 08:37 AM..

Old 05-10-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
True, it might mean nothing.

I actually only have my username because that's the username I use for my e-mail address, that I've used since 2003. For some reason, I just tend to use the same user-name for almost everything.
I mix mine up (I've been on boards since '95). I don't want to make tracking me down too easy.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:14 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
The main question is, how hard is it to break out of this? To say, I don't care what men like or not like, I'm just going to be myself and not try to please them? How many women are really like this? Not to say you don't try to look good and attractive - well all want to be attractive - but how hard it is to completely divorce yourself from these expectations, and truly not have to value yourself on how you look?
Not hard. It happens for most of us automatically about the we graduate high school. Some women are never that way and some are always. Most women I know don’t care what men like or not. Perhaps its just me because apparently I live in a different world than many of the CD posters or maybe its just the type of people I associate with. It seems to me my educated friends don’t value themselves on their looks but on their accomplishments. They could give a hoot if men find them physically attractive, not to say they don’t try to look their best in professional or social settings, but this is not because they are trying to impress men. The uneducated women I know seem to put much more emphasis on their looks, hair, nails, clothes.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Not hard. It happens for most of us automatically about the we graduate high school. Some women are never that way and some are always. Most women I know don’t care what men like or not. Perhaps its just me because apparently I live in a different world than many of the CD posters or maybe its just the type of people I associate with. It seems to me my educated friends don’t value themselves on their looks but on their accomplishments. They could give a hoot if men find them physically attractive, not to say they don’t try to look their best in professional or social settings, but this is not because they are trying to impress men. The uneducated women I know seem to put much more emphasis on their looks, hair, nails, clothes.
I have to say there is something in the last bit, whether people like to hear it or not. It's also an age, thing, of course, and a regional/cultural thing. I'm willing to bet the situation in Denmark differs quite a lot to the situation in say SoCal.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:49 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
What's interesting is that it seems like a lot more women have usernames referencing their families somehow, and I can't think of any men who do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships