Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 02:44 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I would not date a woman with a child.
That goes without saying.

For me, it would be a "dumb blonde" type that still constructs her sentences and uses the inflection a dumb girl in HS or college would use. Yes, there are adult women like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 02:52 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I live with a jazz musician.

I am a musician myself, although jazz is not my genre. It works out well. Our house is full of music at all times somebody is awake. I'd not have it any other way.

While I'm obviously not about to toss my relationship to the curb over it, I will admit that I didn't really fully realize how irksome it can be to live with somebody who is VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY picky in terms of food, when you are an adventurous eater. It affects what we do for leisure, if dining out, it affects how we shop, it affects what is prepared for shared meals at home, it affects socializing with others at times...it's a much bigger deal than I ever would have realized. It might sound stupid, but it's something that has ended up being a major bone of contention.
Totally agree! I wouldn't dump someone fantastic for being picky, but I dated a super picker eater for a couple months and it was such a pain. he didn't like anything, even things that are normal and most everyone likes. I would avoid a picky eater if I had a choice.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:11 PM

6,736 posts, read 4,418,450 times
I wouldn't date a woman that has a husband. Thats just me. I guess im picky.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:53 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
I listen to music every single day. I put album release dates on my calendar and collect vinyl records. (I'm not a musician though lol). Didn't know this was such a big deal to people *shrugs*

Old 05-11-2012, 03:59 PM

620 posts, read 1,300,327 times
Yes, it is an elitist attitude, but I will not date someone who does not have a college degree. It doesn't have to be a 4 year degree, but I would prefer. Absolutely no high school dropouts.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:35 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
. I love a woman who loves art, be it visual, audible, or what have you. It just shows some soul, feeling and helps me gauge a lot about someone.
It says a lot about them.

Artistically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I would not date a woman with a child.
I have, and would, under certain special circumstances, like the father is dead or completely out of the picture. Before it ever donned on me that I should screen potential dating material more carefully, I used to get the nonsense where you'd go out several times, and then you'd end up over her place, and there's two guys sitting in the living room because she has two kids by two different men that she forgot to tell you about.

Carefully discriminating...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I wouldn't have dated a married man, a man recently divorced(with in a year), nor would I date a man with children under 15, nor would I date a bald man, its ok if he goes bald afterwards but not at first...I wouldn't date a man shorter than myself.
Hopefully you're not 6'8".

I don't date married women or any woman in a committed relationship and irks me when they are not forthcoming about that.

I would not date a recently divorced woman either, and in fact I won't date any woman has not been out of a committed relationship of any kind for at least 6 months.

I don't like make-up, or butt-ugly finger-nail polish, or 9-inch nails, or high heels, or women who dye their hair (unless they are dyeing it the same shade as their natural hair color).

I don't like gaudy-cheap-ass-dime-store-bling-bling jewelry either.

I would date a bald woman. Not Skinhead O'Connor, but I have seen some bald women that were just drop-dead gorgeous.

Baldly going where no man has gone before...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
That's called having a passion for something. Nothing wrong with it. Everyone should have at least one passion in life.
Everyone except those who are totally devoid and bereft of passion.

Passionately...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
When someone says, "THIS is my LIFE," that is exactly what I take it to mean. It's a very strong statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I can kinda understand where Stan4 is coming from...I kinda cringe to, when people say, their kids are they're life? "
Maybe you need to brush up on your language skills.

They may be trying to tell you in the only way they know how, that you will not be their focus or priority, so don't fly off the handle when you get involved in a relationship only to find out that you are #10,000 on their priority list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
To me, gossip magazines are a strong deal breaker, at least if I don't know the woman very well.

This may sound harsh or judgmental, but when I see a woman reading a gossip magazine it sends me the following messages:

She's a harpy
She's envious
She's bitter
She's insecure
She's hollow
No doubt.

Gossiping...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
Yes, it is an elitist attitude, but I will not date someone who does not have a college degree. It doesn't have to be a 4 year degree, but I would prefer. Absolutely no high school dropouts.
Why not?

It isn't your spouse's function to intellectually stimulate you. That's your job.

On another thread, I posted a link to a web-site that listed famous high-school dropouts. So an high-school drop-out, who had written three books that rocketed to the top of the New York Time's Best Sellers list would not pique your interest?

Interesting...

Mircea

Old 05-11-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Why not?

It isn't your spouse's function to intellectually stimulate you. That's your job.

On another thread, I posted a link to a web-site that listed famous high-school dropouts. So an high-school drop-out, who had written three books that rocketed to the top of the New York Time's Best Sellers list would not pique your interest?

Interesting...

Mircea
I'm fully capable of pursuing my intellectual interests, but I would definitely expect my partner to know and appreciate those same interests. And, I don't care if they high school drop-out went on to invent the internet, I still wouldn't date them.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:13 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,633 times
Quote:
Guess Bill Gates and Michael Dell are off the table, huh?

Old 05-11-2012, 05:15 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,633 times
Quote:
I don't care if they high school drop-out went on to invent the internet, I still wouldn't date them.
Haha, that's so asinine on every level. That person would have to be a genius to do such a thing, and yet you'd look down upon their "intellectual capacity".

This board never fails to entertain.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Guess Bill Gates and Michael Dell are off the table, huh?
Yes. And that also will exclude a whole bunch of professional athletes, actors, models, or what have you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships