Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 07:45 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
This.

Girls who WANT to get married, that's who I'm looking for

If your Divorced or You NEVER wanted to get married this isn't for you.

But if you want to get married,
How long are you willing to stay without your ring?
I get that, but my views are still relevant for a woman in her 20's who never married. It's still stupid for her to let a man just play with her and use her, and when he's done, other men are looking at her like damaged goods because she lived with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 07:45 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Hmmm where do all the single mothers come from then who are having children out of wedlock? I'm assuming the ones that bolt dont display those qualities, yet, women are having their children anyways.
Because their dumb, and they probably don't know better.

If I was a woman, I'd NEVER have anyone's baby that didn't put a ring on it.

I wouldn't be anyone's baby momma

Old 05-18-2012, 07:47 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I get that, but my views are still relevant for a woman in her 20's who never married. It's still stupid for her to let a man just play with her and use her, and when he's done, other men are looking at her like damaged goods because she lived with him.
Whaa!!? I've lived with 3 guys (dont ever want to get married). I have never been looked at as "damage goods" and on top of that I have never felt used. I enjoy living with someone without being married (because I dont believe in marriage) and it's as much my choice as it is his.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Because their dumb, and they probably don't know better.

If I was a woman, I'd NEVER have anyone's baby that didn't put a ring on it.

I wouldn't be anyone's baby momma
Understood...the point I was trying to make is that this statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
The reason for it is extremely simple and easy to see. Security, protection and partnership in raising their offspring.When women mate, this is exactly what they seek for in their mate, consciously or otherwise. If the mans behavior doesnt display qualities of a provider and a protector, the woman will not engage with this type of male. No more, no less.

Is gum drops and lollipops thinking. There are many circumstances that women dont "mate" with someone like the above.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:54 AM

331 posts, read 603,442 times
Quote:
He stated he's looking for women in their early-mid (maybe late) 20's who have never been married.

Its easy for people to understand why a divorced women doesn't want to get married again ( I dont think he cares about that demographic).

^^I am in that age range..I do desire marriage. I want to share my life with someone, grow old together. I have morals and beliefs that also lead to that, "Unite in marriage". There are multiple reasons I want marriage, but I will NOT force it; but yes, I'm the woman that lets guys know up front "I do desire marriage", that does require things to progress or to end!!

Now for my rant:
And to anyone talking about 'I would definitly NOT be having children out of wedlock'....So that means you are refraining from sex before marriage, right? I don't care what protection you use or how careful you are, if you are having sex(and still have working reproductive organs) there is a chance you could get pregnant/get your girl pregnant!! I have worked with single moms for a LONG time and very, very few ment to have kids in their relationships.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:56 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Understood...the point I was trying to make is that this statement...

Is gum drops and lollipops thinking. There are many circumstances that women dont "mate" with someone like the above.
Nope, its called biology. How do you think human species has survived for thousands of years? Learn this stuff.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:57 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
Quote:
Whaa!!? I've lived with 3 guys (dont ever want to get married). I have never been looked at as "damage goods" and on top of that I have never felt used. I enjoy living with someone without being married (because I dont believe in marriage) and it's as much my choice as it is his.
Can I ask you something? Those 3 guys...they all know each other, don't they?

Old 05-18-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbOfMemphisTN View Post
^^I am in that age range..I do desire marriage. I want to share my life with someone, grow old together. I have morals and beliefs that also lead to that, "Unite in marriage". There are multiple reasons I want marriage, but I will NOT force it; but yes, I'm the woman that lets guys know up front "I do desire marriage", that does require things to progress or to end!!

Now for my rant:
And to anyone talking about 'I would definitly NOT be having children out of wedlock'....So that means you are refraining from sex before marriage, right? I don't care what protection you use or how careful you are, if you are having sex(and still have working reproductive organs) there is a chance you could get pregnant/get your girl pregnant!! I have worked with single moms for a LONG time and very, very few ment to have kids in their relationships.
I dont want children. So I take the precautions (looking to get tubal ligation-cant find an OBGYN to perform it on me at 25 with no kids) so I am on implanon. I will take any measures necessary to prevent bringing an unplanned and unwanted child into this world.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Can I ask you something? Those 3 guys...they all know each other, don't they?
Um, no they dont and neither of them cared about me living with someone prior. It's extremely common to cohabitate before marriage (or without marriage).

Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Nope, its called biology. How do you think human species has survived for thousands of years? Learn this stuff.
What does this have to do with women having children with men they aren't married to who dont posses the provider characteristics you said women look for in men before they "mate"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships