Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 05:49 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,161,064 times

Advertisements

You seem to be describing a specific type, of usually upper or at least upper middle class spoilt 'daddy's girl' Skydive. I think I could probably spot one a mile away. Most intelligent guys won't want anything to do with her. Then again it's not always totally obvious. That scruffily dressed marine biology major? Could be something else than you imagined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 07:17 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,028,208 times

Abba - Money, Money, Money - YouTube

Old 05-28-2012, 07:21 PM

Always thought it ironic that ABBA came out with that tune.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:32 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
That tune sounds oddly like it could have come out of Russia. That musical style is popular there.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:36 PM

27,683 posts, read 28,786,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I wonder if they're even the majority.

There are women who have fought tooth and nail for equal opportunities, equal pay, but many women take the 'easy way' and just find a Mr. Right. As in, Mr. the Price is Right. Most of these women probably either care little for the gains of the Feminist movement or just take it for granted.
It doesn't have to be the majority. The fact that a significant percentage of women do seek men with high incomes/net worths means that money can be an important factor for a man in his quest to attract women. The fact that women can be paid for to give companionship to a man is a more striking example of this principle at work.

This doesn't mean that money is the only factor though.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 AM

505 posts, read 1,667,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I wonder if they're even the majority.

There are women who have fought tooth and nail for equal opportunities, equal pay, but many women take the 'easy way' and just find a Mr. Right. As in, Mr. the Price is Right. Most of these women probably either care little for the gains of the Feminist movement or just take it for granted.

If a woman has a successful career she enjoys, she probably won't be so big on pursuing men for money so she can buy cute designer handbags and a wardrobe. It might simply be a status thing.

If income and all that is equal, and women have access to have as much money as men, women will have to start judging men on money less. Since there won't be as much incentive to pick men based on income.

I'm not castigating women who won't date me because I'm broke. I've never felt THAT was the main reason for my problems dating. It seems like more of an American phenomenon although it does exist here to an extent.
Can you imagine if the roles were changed completely? You're a guy right? Imagine if you have a woman who is filthy rich and showers you with big screen TV's, the latest iPhone or iPad as soon as it comes out, lets you stay at home and play all the video games you want with your friends, takes you out to dinner every night, flies you to Cancun and around the world every other week and gives you all the sex you want and you never have to work another day in your life. The only catch is that she might not be the best looking lady, but seriously likes you, would you be saying the same comments? That this woman is only after your hot body? Or that men have come a long way to getting equal pay as women and that not all men are tempted? It's not a male or female sexist thing. Anyone with a similar position would do it is all I'm saying.

When a person doesn't have the looks or even the social skills as others, they rely on other things such as their brains or financial wealth to make up for it. There is nothing wrong with that and you don't know whether they're solely trying to bed you or not just because they spend their money on you. I know a friend who is not wealthy at all and barely gets by on his salary, but he treats his wife like the queen regardless. It's just a part of his personality and he's not trying to prove a point; he just likes to buy his wife stuff.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:01 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,432,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiesgirl View Post
Can you imagine if the roles were changed completely? You're a guy right? Imagine if you have a woman who is filthy rich and showers you with big screen TV's, the latest iPhone or iPad as soon as it comes out, lets you stay at home and play all the video games you want with your friends, takes you out to dinner every night, flies you to Cancun and around the world every other week and gives you all the sex you want and you never have to work another day in your life. The only catch is that she might not be the best looking lady, but seriously likes you, would you be saying the same comments?
Man, chicks have it rough. I can see why they are on here all day complaining.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:03 AM

505 posts, read 1,667,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
Man, chicks have it rough. I can see why they are on here all day complaining.
I think Trimac is a dude.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiesgirl View Post
Can you imagine if the roles were changed completely? You're a guy right? Imagine if you have a woman who is filthy rich and showers you with big screen TV's, the latest iPhone or iPad as soon as it comes out, lets you stay at home and play all the video games you want with your friends, takes you out to dinner every night, flies you to Cancun and around the world every other week and gives you all the sex you want and you never have to work another day in your life. The only catch is that she might not be the best looking lady, but seriously likes you, would you be saying the same comments? That this woman is only after your hot body? Or that men have come a long way to getting equal pay as women and that not all men are tempted? It's not a male or female sexist thing. Anyone with a similar position would do it is all I'm saying.

When a person doesn't have the looks or even the social skills as others, they rely on other things such as their brains or financial wealth to make up for it. There is nothing wrong with that and you don't know whether they're solely trying to bed you or not just because they spend their money on you. I know a friend who is not wealthy at all and barely gets by on his salary, but he treats his wife like the queen regardless. It's just a part of his personality and he's not trying to prove a point; he just likes to buy his wife stuff.
How bad is she? If she's decent and I grew to love her, all would be fine, but if she was absolutely a turn-off, then I'd be tempted to stray.

No wonder many of these trophy wife types stray too...

Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,214,216 times
Ive always been like you. I am very content with living simply, and women who have interest in money or status I have no interest in.

However, men do it for a reason, and thats because it often works. Women are gold diggers by nature, and if you find one who isnt, you better hang on to her with everything youve got.

Other then that, keep it to one night stands, and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships