Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 06:02 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,785 times

Advertisements

If all it takes is a few laughs, drinks, and dinner to get in your pants do the math on how many people could be in one girls pants. Steve Ward has a great saying about at least knowing the guys last name, where his family is from, and if he has any brothers or sisters before you go to bed with someone. There is no magic number however the world is smaller than you know and if everytime you have fun and drinks you are in the bed then what is the value you bring to the man you really want to be with. Will he be okay walking in a room with you and suddenly realized his best friends friend slept with you, the doorman at the restaurant, and a few of the waiters. Basically you should not spread yourself around like peanut butter on a sandwich.
In the words of Steve Ward.
www.lctv.com/2012/04/19/does-hooking-up-too-much-diminish-your-value/

Old 06-12-2012, 07:29 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Nah, I'd call myself a playa. Haha kidding. I'd consider a guy that has had ten or more female partners as promiscuous as well. Unfortunately for girls, a double standard exists where guys are praised for their sexual conquests while women are labeled as sluts.

Cpg on point as usual. Best post of the thread.

If you know first hand about 5 guys she's been with, chances are there are at least 5 you don't know about. Just another reason I never kiss and tell. It protects the reputation of both parties involved (except to the man upstairs. I'll have to make amends with my sins someday, but I do believe in redemption through Christ.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
women with over 10 sexual partners

How freakin' ridiculous. At what age? If a guy has slept with 10 girls before he turns 16, maybe. What if he's 70? Married twice for 10 years each, leaving him 30+ years or so of single dating life, one steady girlfriend every couple years with a dry spell here and there. OMG, thats 12 women - guess the ladies in the nursing home better avoid him

And what about never-married folks in their 40s and 50s? Even if every relationship they've ever had since high school was a committed monogamous relationship that lasted over a year, that would still be well over 10 people they'd have slept with during that time.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:35 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post

How freakin' ridiculous. At what age? If a guy has slept with 10 girls before he turns 16, maybe. What if he's 70? Married twice for 10 years each, leaving him 30+ years or so of single dating life, one steady girlfriend every couple years with a dry spell here and there. OMG, thats 12 women - guess the ladies in the nursing home better avoid him

And what about never-married folks in their 40s and 50s? Even if every relationship they've ever had since high school was a committed monogamous relationship that lasted over a year, that would still be well over 10 people they'd have slept with during that time.
Nothing wrong with it. Heck, I may or may not be "promiscuous" by the very standards I laid out. My question to you is who has 10-12 SO's in their lifetime before they end up finding a keeper in the bunch?

Old 06-12-2012, 07:38 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,197,026 times
A nelly Furtado song

Old 06-12-2012, 07:38 PM

691 posts, read 1,426,705 times
Quote:
Nah, I'd call myself a playa. Haha kidding. I'd consider a guy that has had ten or more female partners as promiscuous as well.
That's actually not true. Its harder for guys to get sex than it is for women. He has to put more work in whereas Mod cut: Gender bashing.

Yes guys can pay for it, but that isn't respected either. A guy could bed 100 women, but if he paid for each encounter he would have no respect either because he didn't put any effort in.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-13-2012 at 08:42 PM..

Old 06-12-2012, 07:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times

Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous ft. Timbaland - YouTube

Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,053 times
Quote:
Nothing wrong with it. Heck, I may or may not be "promiscuous" by the very standards I laid out. My question to you is who has 10-12 SO's in their lifetime before they end up finding a keeper in the bunch?
Lots of people. One of my friends got married for the first time at age 38. Another at age 36, and yet another was about 45.

I also have several friends (in their 40s & 50s) who married early and then divorced while still in their 20s and haven't remarried, just dated. They always hope the latest is Mr./Ms. Right but sometimes things just don't work out. I highly doubt it's because one of them has slept with 14 people in 30 years.

Please note that I did not specify if my friends are men or women because it is not relevant.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:58 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Lots of people. One of my friends got married for the first time at age 38. Another at age 36, and yet another was about 45.

I also have several friends (in their 40s & 50s) who married early and then divorced while still in their 20s and haven't remarried, just dated. They always hope the latest is Mr./Ms. Right but sometimes things just don't work out. I highly doubt it's because one of them has slept with 14 people in 30 years.

Please note that I did not specify if my friends are men or women because it is not relevant.
Fair enough. I just hope I've found someone before I turn 30.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:05 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,270,556 times
I just can't get off that someone would use this word at all.

It's no ones gd business who or how many people any one sleeps with IMO.

As for people who try to quanitfy it...more than 10? In how long? If he lives to be 100, that's only one every 10 years! Is that still "promiscuous"? Who sets the rules?

"Promiscuous" smacks of judgement. It's like saying "ugly" - entirely in the eye of the beholder. We should just drop it from the English language altogether, like the word ****. Although I know a couple of those...

Old 06-12-2012, 08:22 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,695,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Someone who uses this term usually defines it as someone who has more sex than they do.

Or had sex with and ex LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships