Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 08:52 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I think most of us are born bisexual but it's repressed out of us from a young age, that's why many guys feel threatened when they are hit on, they are afraid of unlocking those repressed homosexual desires that we all have.
I disagree with the fact that everyone is born bisexual. Maybe some are, but not EVERYONE.

I do think that everyone has the possibility of being bisexual though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 10:27 AM

1,768 posts, read 1,637,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
So... many... stereotypes...

Whatever happened to people wanting to hang out with people because they have stuff in common, get along, and are genuinely nice to be around?

LOL, I don't think this ever happened. You're just idealizing the past.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:31 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
I have always had gay friends and always felt they were easy to talk to and they're no danger as far as trying to get into your pants so you feel safe telling them things that could otherwise be taken as a come on...

Old 06-30-2012, 10:36 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I sense that you have some hostilities, not only towards unmanly types, but non-working class types. As someone who grew up in a poor setting, let's just say there's a reason I aspired for greater than that.

But you should consider looking at some of your prejudices. It doesn't jive with modern western society. It's no different than an immigrant who comes to this country and refuses to assimilate. Cultures are maleable, and they change over time, and you seem stuck in the 18th century.
My hostilties are always the same. You can't be a normal MAN anymore without someone trying to "fem" you down or metro you out. Few men I know are different. Yes, it's true...MEN are still MEN out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
that means u dont spend much time in castro st SF. trust me they have a name for women that are obsessed with hanging around them, f-g hag". we gotem here too.
I wouldn't go to SF if someone gave me $1,000,000.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:42 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,426,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Well, think, patriarchy is based upon the hatred toward women and the desire to hurt, dominate, degrade, and take advantage of women, AND patriarchy has been the most common social system since the beginning of time.

And it's still all around!!!!

You don't just extricate patriarchal notions from this planet in one fell swoop. As a testament, look around, look at other countries, look at this country - patriarchy is still around us.

So I think since patriarchy set the tone from the beginning that women should be degraded and mistreated, and it was (and is) so ingrained, it's logical that there be men that hate women, and there are.

Some men reject patriarchy outright (there are a few out there, yes), even in the face of it with their friends. Some are patriarchists to the core, to the marrow, and you'll never take it out of them. And I think it doesn't matter if the man is straight or gay, some gay men are patriarchists and hate women intensely, and some are not, and love women.

I don't think it has much to do with their gender preference. I think it has to do with the (taught) hatred toward women.
Your post made me think of this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Anton Wilson
And I don't think the label "patriarchy" really describes our society or any other known society. Strictly, a patriarchy would consist of rule by all the fathers of the tribe, or clan, or nation. I know of no true patriarchy, in that sense, anywhere in history or anthropology... What we have in this country, and what most large nations in history have had, consists of rule by a few rich families. Historically, that system has the name "oligarchy."

Old 06-30-2012, 11:24 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:

Whatever happened to people wanting to hang out with people because they have stuff in common, get along, and are genuinely nice to be around?

I'm not talking about stereotypes -- I'm talking about sh*t that actually happened.

Of course people should just hang out and enjoy each other's company, accept each other for who we are, etc. -- but that's not reality. Shame to say.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:08 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
I agree on being born bisexual. I have never felt any sort of sexual attraction to women. As far as everyone having the possibility of being bisexual - do you mean if someone held a gun to one's head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I disagree with the fact that everyone is born bisexual. Maybe some are, but not EVERYONE.

I do think that everyone has the possibility of being bisexual though.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:03 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Quote:

I agree. Some women just don't have a problem with gay men. They don't feel threatened.

I think many thread titles are worded in ways that foster false notions. I don't know of any woman who is DRAWN to gay men. Yeah, right. Like a moth is drawn to light at night? If the topic is for women who are DRAWN to them, let one of those women post an answer.

As far as simple friendships go, I think many women simply do not harbor negative emotions towards gay men. I think some straight men feel uncomfortable (add repulsed, religious, and a whole slew of other reasons for aversion to gay men) with the whole notion of homosexuality and some men are so full of hate, ignorance and fear that they cannot use common sense to see that there are good, bad, and evil amongst all people regardless of race, sexual orientation, or SEC.

As for women hearing disrespectful remarks from gay men towards women, there is such a thing as personality disorders. You will find them in all sets of sexual orientations. Some people are hateful, catty, and simply unhappy deep inside and it comes out in various ways. If a person is making disrespectful remarks about women, it is THAT person and not a symptom of all men, gay or straight. How many women like to put men down in a joking way?

I don't have any gay friends who make asinie remarks about women because I don't hang out with people like that. I also don't hang out with twinks who can be catty beyond all reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
My hostilties are always the same. You can't be a normal MAN anymore without someone trying to "fem" you down or metro you out. Few men I know are different. Yes, it's true...MEN are still MEN out here.

I wouldn't go to SF if someone gave me $1,000,000.
Here is $0.01. Not all gays are swishy, effeminate, or stereotypes that you think make SF so worthy of your disgust. Many men in small town, rural, middle america are married to women, sit in church, work on cars, and live in all parts of USA. My god, you have more bi and gay men in small towns than you can shake a stick at. And most got married due to societal peer pressure. You DO know that?

Old 06-30-2012, 07:07 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I agree on being born bisexual. I have never felt any sort of sexual attraction to women. As far as everyone having the possibility of being bisexual - do you mean if someone held a gun to one's head?
I agree. How can anyone say EVERYONE this or that. How can they profess to know what is in anyone else's mind?

Sexual Psychic abilities? Bi-dar?

Old 06-30-2012, 07:10 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I agree. Some women just don't have a problem with gay men. They don't feel threatened.

I think many thread titles are worded in ways that foster false notions. I don't know of any woman who is DRAWN to gay men. Yeah, right. Like a moth is drawn to light at night? If the topic is for women who are DRAWN to them, let one of those women post an answer.

As far as simple friendships go, I think many women simply do not harbor negative emotions towards gay men. I think some straight men feel uncomfortable (add repulsed, religious, and a whole slew of other reasons for aversion to gay men) with the whole notion of homosexuality and some men are so full of hate, ignorance and fear that they cannot use common sense to see that there are good, bad, and evil amongst all people regardless of race, sexual orientation, or SEC.

As for women hearing disrespectful remarks from gay men towards women, there is such a thing as personality disorders. You will find them in all sets of sexual orientations. Some people are hateful, catty, and simply unhappy deep inside and it comes out in various ways. If a person is making disrespectful remarks about women, it is THAT person and not a symptom of all men, gay or straight. How many women like to put men down in a joking way?

I don't have any gay friends who make asinie remarks about women because I don't hang out with people like that. I also don't hang out with twinks who can be catty beyond all reason.

Here is $0.01. Not all gays are swishy, effeminate, or stereotypes that you think make SF so worthy of your disgust. Many men in small town, rural, middle america are married to women, sit in church, work on cars, and live in all parts of USA. My god, you have more bi and gay men in small towns than you can shake a stick at. And most got married due to societal peer pressure. You DO know that?
Negative!! Even if you are/were you sure don't talk about it. Remember, this is THE HEART. We keep the coo-coos on the coasts somewhat straight and balanced. A gay man walks into a bar and acts that way, it's like a one legged man in an *** kicking contest. Straight up! People around here don't like that sort of thing. Didn't you get the memo? Thus also proves my theory that you are NOT born with it. You're coaxed and brainwashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships