Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 05:37 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
Very fine blond hairs aren't any big deal. Those can be plucked or waxed. If she has "whiskers" like mine (dark brown/black equal 3x thick as hair on your head).....get after that ASAP! I saw a woman working at McD's a few years ago who needed to Mach3 that baby everyday and by 5 o clock, it was showing again. It freaked me out. That's a job for laser or waxing. You don't have woman facial hair. That's a beard for crying out loud.
Duh, those fine blonde hairs will turn into whiskers if she starts waxing or shaving them .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 05:44 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
How old are you and how old is she? Women grow hair. Some have more hair or less hair than others. She's not gonna want to wax or shave her entire face - sorry. There are other treatments - laser might work. But if you want to run screaming from your girlfriend because of this, just do her a favor and dump her. The panic in your post indicates this isn't a minor issue, so even if she made an effort, she'd do it under the duress of knowing she would lose you if she didn't keep up her efforts to control the issue or if her efforts were unsuccessful. Not a good Sword of Damocles to have hanging over one's head.

Maybe you could find someone with alopecia?

I did read somewhere that "too hairy" was one of the top reasons men dumped their girlfriends.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:45 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
I'd say you need to move on....if something that simple bothers you, and you cant talk to her about it...what kind of relationship do you have??? Personally i liked the Spa idea,,,but discuss it with her, communication is the key.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Congratulations, you are dating a mammal. Because you say you care about her, my advice is to look at the cheeks of every woman you see. Everybody has hair on his or her face. You may just not have noticed till now. Get a good look at other women and then decide if it's really that big a deal. You've been together six months and just now noticed, so I doubt she is really that hairy.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:50 AM

61,726 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the snowman View Post
I have been going out with my girlfriend now for about 6 months now, she is lovely, I care for her so very much and I really want to be with her....However over the last week or so I have noticed that she has got quite a fluffy face (very fine blonde hairs) on her cheeks, chin and upper lip, the hairs seem to be quite long, 1cm give or take... Now the worst thing is every time I look at her (especially side on) I cant help but focus on the hairs... What do I do?? How do I mention something to her without her kicking off, or feeling really insecure. I am in a real pickle?? can anyone help?

^^^ it sounds like written by someone insecure, immature and real pickle ( that's your words!) You might need a help...
Do you own a mirror?? Are you perfect inside out?? What you expect her to do? Shave?
If you are grossed out by your GF facial hair then find you another GF.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:17 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
get her really drunk and shave her while shes sleeping. j/k

Old 06-29-2012, 07:29 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,167,647 times
This is a pet peeve of mine. WTH is wrong with us as a society that we view normal hair growth on women as disgusting? It's gotten to the point that we're waxing & lasering & shaving everything from toes to nose: feet, legs, genitalia, arms, underarms, stomachs, faces ... everything. Our standards for what is a beautiful female body are warped. Now we have home anal bleaching kits, for crying out loud.

OP, get over it.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:31 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,773,843 times
Quote:
I have been going out with my girlfriend now for about 6 months now, she is lovely, I care for her so very much and I really want to be with her....However over the last week or so I have noticed that she has got quite a fluffy face (very fine blonde hairs) on her cheeks, chin and upper lip, the hairs seem to be quite long, 1cm give or take... Now the worst thing is every time I look at her (especially side on) I cant help but focus on the hairs... What do I do?? How do I mention something to her without her kicking off, or feeling really insecure. I am in a real pickle?? can anyone help?
Buy a tube of Nair which is a hair removal product , and put it in her makeup case ; she will think she bought it in the past. But just as a sidenote....if you decide to stay with her as in the rest of your life.....facial hair is going to be the least of your concerns -- those will be small pecadillos compared to marriage overall. Its sometimes best to major on the majors and minor on the minors . Another adage is : 'Is this the Hill you want to die on ?!' (By the way....whats with the nose hairs YOU got showing themselves ???? lol....) .

Old 06-29-2012, 07:33 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
You have to ask yourself can you upgrade

Old 06-29-2012, 07:45 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
There really isnt a good way to tell someone you care for that their slight physical flaws gross you out. Fine, hardly noticeable, normal body hair today, what will it be tomorrow. Find someone perfect with no physical flaws like body hair, moles, freckles, warts, scars, crooked teeth, gapped teeth, missing teeth, dry skin, oily skin, birthmarks, stretch marks, wonkie eye, cross eyed, pigeon toe, camel toe, knocked kneed, bunions, outie belly button, inverted nipples............................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships