Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 03:05 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,212,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is exactly it. The guys that come up and say lewd, disgusting things are NEVER going to be considered viable dating prospects. Ever. I don't count those as men approaching because 9 times out of 10 when I say no thank you, they immediately go to the next woman and try the same thing. These guys are just looking for a place to put their penis and nothing more.

Maybe some men consider that an 'option', but as a woman I consider it harassment.
How many guys have women walking up to them offering No strings attached sex....? Like ever.....

Old 07-22-2012, 03:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
First, I never said you said that no man approached you I was generalizing for most of the people that say they had problems finding someone. Secondly your comparing a scenario of drunk guys who just want to have sex to guys who legitimately want to get to know someone and have a relationship. That's not right
This is the difference we're trying to get across. I can count on one hand the men who have approached me for a legitimate date/relationship in my life. However, I have been harassed more times than I can count by both drunk and sober men. The first one, I count as being approached. The second one I don't.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,750,319 times
Quote:
How many guys have women walking up to them offering No strings attached sex....? Like ever.....

so? if that's what men want, that's their buisness, most women don't want a guy walking up offering 'no strings attached sex.' Also I see no shortage of women having FWB relationships and such, they can get into one of those.

As I said time and again: if all they want is 'no strings attached sex' -- get a hooker.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Quote:
It's different for women. Most men want to get laid by as many different women as they can. Many of them have absolutely zero standards for who she is, as long as she has a vagina.

Sure, there are women like that as well, but their numbers are far lower.

Personally, I consider a guy coming up to me and offering 'no strings attached sex' low class and disgusting.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:08 PM

8 posts, read 11,354 times
I think that Bradpiff is right on topic. I also think mostly everyone else has some good comments as well. People are are weird species and we will never understand each other completely which is what makes us all good in our own little way.Men may not pay attention to anyone they are not attracted too but women will do the same thing. No sex is perfect and until they find what there looking for it's the opposite sexes fault. Mainly I see it as there fault. Men and women are both picky about who they want, as am I. I get asked out a lot, but it ultimately is my choice to choose who I want. So as for the others. I'm no where near the prettiest in town but neither are a lot of woman and yet they are set on finding this fairy tale man with everything in one. Men are the same way as well at least some of each category. No one side is right and never will be.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This is the difference we're trying to get across. I can count on one hand the men who have approached me for a legitimate date/relationship in my life. However, I have been harassed more times than I can count by both drunk and sober men. The first one, I count as being approached. The second one I don't.

I agree with this. Being asked something once or twice in life means diddly squat to me, when compared I can give numerous examples of other behaviors.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
so? if that's what men want, that's their buisness, most women don't want a guy walking up offering 'no strings attached sex.' Also I see no shortage of women having FWB relationships and such, they can get into one of those.

As I said time and again: if all they want is 'no strings attached sex' -- get a hooker.

Lol it's not no strings attached because you have to pay for it. That's my point, that's an option most women have that 95% of the male population will never have in their LIVES. Except rockstars and entertainers

The reason women take sex for granted because they can get it so easily. But that's also the reason they value relationships so much.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
[/b]
Lol it's not no strings attached because you have to pay for it. That's my point, that's an option most women have that 95% of the male population will never have in their LIVES. Except rockstars and entertainers

The reason women take sex for granted because they can get it so easily. But that's also the reason they value relationships so much.

It is NO strings attached, hookers don't care if you 'get to know them personally' and they will not waiting for you call them after your date, etc.

men will always do what you do: their problems/issues are worldwide disasters (poor men) and women's problems/issues are irrelevant or overblown.

I don't care anymore, think what you want.

edit: someday the ignore function will make sense to all, LOL. (not you brad)

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 07-22-2012 at 04:19 PM..

Old 07-22-2012, 04:52 PM

But to go back to an earlier point I made

"And let's be honest, a lot of the people being turned down(on BOTH sides) are in the same realm of attractiveness as the people that are rejecting them. I see a lot of Guys women turn down(who say NO GUY approaches me) that are basically on their same level."

Alot of times it's people overrating their own Level of attractiveness.(and guys a lot of the time overrating their career and economic prospects) I rarely see "3"s approaching "10"s of "5" approaching "9"s. so it's not like the people who are interested in them are always so beneath their level. At some point it comes down to people being too picky.

And lol at that Jetjockey story

Old 07-22-2012, 05:54 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,680,412 times
Quote:
"No woman wants me" and "No women I WANT wants me"
I don't understand this.
The women you want should be the women who want you. Why would you want a woman who doesn't want you?...it's like the first thing you look for when you are deciding if you want a woman.

Also, stop "wanting" women. They aren't things to be "wanted". It's disrespectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships