Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 01:28 AM

96 posts, read 206,179 times

Advertisements

So this guy and I met online about a month ago. We met in person about a week later and had a blast, we sat and talked nonstop for 6+ hours. The next day though I called and asked if he wanted to hang out again that night, and he said he was busy and would be busy the next night. However he did text and call me a few times over the next couple of days, though. But those 2 times he called he was drinking, and one time he texted and said "is it bad if i say i'm in the mood?"

A few days after our date I texted him and asked him if he was interested in dating anyone else, and he said "kind of" and then said "i'm not looking for a relationship right now."

He won't have sex with me because I'm a virgin and he says he doesn't have sex with virgins if it's not going to go anywhere, but he still hangs out with me sometimes. And when we do he always flirts with me. I asked him if he was stringing me along and he said no. He does know I like him, though. And once I asked if he liked me and could see us being together and he said "i haven't known you long enough to even know if we'd be compatible".

I've also learned that he only has female friends, and doesn't like having male friends, if that means anything.

So what I want to know is is he into me at all? Was his goal when we first met up to find another girl to screw and once he learned I was a virgin it ruined it for him? Is there anything I can do to make him want a relationship with me, or should I move on before I get more attached and end up heartbroken?

Last edited by Nimz; 08-10-2012 at 01:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 01:37 AM

61,742 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Why would you like a relationship with him?? You didn't mentioned anything positive about him, except that you got a good talk for 6 hrs. He said that he is not interested in a relationship, he only hang out with you when he has time and is in the "mood". He flirts with you probably when he is drunk - oh, yeah... he drinks, you said.
So, say again, why you want him so badly?
BTW: I was looking for "signals" and found none...

Old 08-10-2012, 01:40 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,274,548 times
My bet is he's not prepared to take your virginity and end up with you crying on his doorstep at 3am for the next 6 months because of it.

He's clearly a player and is doing you a favor by shying away.

You will thank him one day. Move on. He's not for you. You can't "make" someone want a relationship with you.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Why would you like a relationship with him?? You didn't mentioned anything positive about him, except that you got a good talk for 6 hrs. He said that he is not interested in a relationship, he only hang out with you when he has time and is in the "mood". He flirts with you probably when he is drunk - oh, yeah... he drinks, you said.

He doesn't only hang out with me when he's in the mood, when we hang out we go do things like bowling. And he's never hung out with me when he was drinking, the only times I've talked to him when he was drinking were the two times he called me.

I want him because he's a nice guy. I think our personalities mesh well. He's a lot of fun to be around. I've never had a guy be as nice to me as he has been.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:52 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Is there anything I can do to make him want a relationship with me, or should I move on before I get more attached and end up heartbroken?
Sounds like you are too inexperienced to do that.

He already said he doesn't want a relationship. You'll eventually have sex but that's about it.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:33 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,076,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
That was my first thought.

If he is a "player" he would have taken her virginity and not given it a second thought.

Could be he is "in the closet".

Loads of "could bes", my advice is avoid getting into any relationship with him.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:37 AM

Something else I'm confused about: Why would he go on a date with me if he knew he wasn't looking for a relationship? If casual sex was his intention all along, why wouldn't he bring that up before we even met? And if it wasn't and him saying he didn't want a relationship right now was his way of turning me down, why does he continue to talk to me and flirt with me?

Men are so confusing. Can any guys explain this?

Old 08-10-2012, 02:51 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,076,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Something else I'm confused about: Why would he go on a date with me if he knew he wasn't looking for a relationship? If casual sex was his intention all along, why wouldn't he bring that up before we even met? And if it wasn't and him saying he didn't want a relationship right now was his way of turning me down, why does he continue to talk to me and flirt with me?

Men are so confusing. Can any guys explain this?
Maybe he thought you were easy and casual sex would come right away, how did you expect him to bring up "I am looking for meaningless sex, not any kind of relationship"?

Women tend to be confusing sometimes too, well most of the time ...

Old 08-10-2012, 02:57 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quit wasting your time and move on. He already told you he does not want a relationship right now. Can't be much more clear than that.

So he is a nice guy who treated you well, they did make more of those you just have to find one who really is good for you and interested in more than casual play time.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:12 AM

61,742 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Since you are calling it a "date", you put into a completely different meaning, while for him is it just a casual time with you.
Now you are pondering about his "mixed messages" , but I bet he thinks he is not sending any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships