Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 07:06 AM

14 posts, read 11,152 times

Advertisements

LOL. I swear I've had some of weird flare ups by the losers on pof. This one guy ask me what part of the the town I'm in. And since I am eternally geographically challenged. I swear i can't live without a gps. I honestly dunno where north, south is. I was further 'lost' when someone told me the direction of north is not always the one you are facing? OMG. I swear I'm clueless.

Anyway back to the guy's question. I answered with I have no idea and I told him my reason above. And all of a sudden he made a paragraph long 'rant' that I'm a poser/faker, how can i NOT know what part when I live here for 12 yrs. I did not reply but was WTFing during and after reading the crazy arse's rant. LOL

Was he valid in his nonsensical rant? wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 07:22 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,203,897 times
Why didn't you google up a map of your town and tell him what area you live in? Or give him some landmark like a grocery store?

This guy was only trying to chat you up and be friendly, you didn't need to go on in depth about how clueless you were about where you live.

Maybe he overreacted, but your reply to him makes you seem not only clueless about geography but clueless about how to find out how to answer his very simple question. Why would you not want to know more about the geography of the town you've lived in for the last 12 years? How ever did you function before GPS was invented?

IMO his rant to you was his way of ending all further contact with you.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:33 AM

10,195 posts, read 11,178,712 times
You made yourself look like an idiot to him...

You lived in an area for 12 years and couldn't give him a simple answer?

Old 08-11-2012, 07:39 AM

He was specifically asking if i live in n,s,e,w part and that's the 1 im particularly clueless ive no prob telling a landmark near me as i live near the only outlet mall in the town but that was not his question.

i really dont care about n,s,e,w part of where ever i am and i am ok with forever being ignorant about it. sue me.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:46 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,203,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madskilz View Post
He was specifically asking if i live in n,s,e,w part and that's the 1 im particularly clueless ive no prob telling a landmark near me as i live near the only outlet mall in the town but that was not his question.

i really dont care about n,s,e,w part of where ever i am and i am ok with forever being ignorant about it. sue me.
Sue you? It's not worth my time. And I certainly wouldn't want a friend who cared so little about her surroundings and was too lazy to use her brain to correct that. I also despise helpless and clueless females who are only ignorant due to their own sheer laziness. You are a huge waste of oxygen.

I think that guy was lucky that you showed your true colours right away. He certainly dodged a bullet with you.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:48 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,396,754 times
I would've found it odd that a girl I was talking to didn't know whether the part of town she lived in for twelve years was the north, south, east, or west side. But I wouldn't have made a big deal about it. If the story truly went just the way you told it, he sounds rather immature to me.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:53 AM

As i don't care about you miu period. Sorry well not really that I dont give a hoot about something that adds nothing in my life. That's what GPS are for. To quote my hero my dear Mr. Sherlock Holmes explaining not knowing the Earth orbits the sun:

“I consider that a man’s brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with furniture as you choose. A fool takes in all the lumber of every sort that he comes across, so that the knowledge which might be useful to him gets crowded out, or at best is jumbled up with a lot of other things, so that he has difficulty in laying his hands upon it. Now the skillful workman is very careful indeed as to what he takes into his brain-attic. He will have nothing but the tools which may help him in doing his work, but of these he has a large assortment, and all in the most perfect order. It is a mistake to think that that little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent. Depend upon it there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones.”

Thanks Vic 2.0 and I was actually the one who dodged the bullet that the weirdo showed his shallowness.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:54 AM

10,195 posts, read 11,178,712 times
Sue me? Hah. Very mature response.

Good thing he took a hike. Find someone - who's at your maturity level.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,060,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madskilz View Post

That is just sad.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:04 AM

au contraire my not so dear poster haters, by Sherlock's logic posted above, who is the REAL fool? sad indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships