Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 08:33 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I feel like I'm back in High School...

Regardless, I wonder if guys like you are the ones who then complain about their wives never wanting sex 5 years down the road.

I do like the thinly veiled insults though, nicely done

LOL!! JetJockey....don't know much about you but can definitely tell from some of your other your posts that you have a pretty good understanding of what men like in a woman. Get a cool vibe from you!!

Rest assured...sex is the last thing that I will be complaining about in my marriage. I think I am going to try to start a thread on this exact topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 08:40 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
LOL!! JetJockey....don't know much about you but can definitely tell from some of your other your posts that you have a pretty good understanding of what men like in a woman. Get a cool vibe from you!!

Rest assured...sex is the last thing that I will be complaining about in my marriage. I think I am going to try to start a thread on this exact topic.
Nobody knows what men want. They're just as confusing as women for the most part, they're just better at hiding it

Old 08-16-2012, 08:44 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
yes, for some reason people think that being nice= being a wimp.. im not quite sure why that is. I guess its a stereotype.

You are missing the point, often wimps disguise themselves as "nice guys".
Being a nice guy does not mean you can't be assertive or strong.
Real "nice guys" are not wimps, they are strong. They know how to "suck it in" when there is need for it. They know how to roll with punches.
Wimps only pretend to be nice, but they are only nice where it suits them. There are many real douche-bags who go around pretending to be "nice".
Be "nice" guys but don't be wimps.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:45 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
Quote:
Nobody knows what men want. They're just as confusing as women for the most part, they're just better at hiding it
Hahaha! Most of us are pretty easy to please. Just that very few ever ask.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Hahaha! Most of us are pretty easy to please. Just that very few ever ask.

I think men want to be easy to please, but they're just as complicated as anyone else. It's just that society won't let them BE complicated because it's not considered masculine. They're supposed to suppress their feelings and they can be shamed for liking something out of the norm. I have a guy friend who goes with me to orchestral performances up in San Francisco and I'm the only one who knows he likes classical music...his friends would make fun of him mercilessly if they found out! It's kind of a silly example, but I'm hoping I got my point across

Old 08-16-2012, 09:06 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times
Quote:
I think men want to be easy to please, but they're just as complicated as anyone else. It's just that society won't let them BE complicated because it's not considered masculine. They're supposed to suppress their feelings and they can be shamed for liking something out of the norm. I have a guy friend who goes with me to orchestral performances up in San Francisco and I'm the only one who knows he likes classical music...his friends would make fun of him mercilessly if they found out! It's kind of a silly example, but I'm hoping I got my point across
Traditionally men have been raised to become defenders, fighters, soldiers.
One of the most important qualities was to be strong, not give in to emotions and remain calm and logical.
Even the culture of picking up on one another was only meant to make us stronger and more resilient.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:11 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
Quote:
Women like to have SEX with badboys and like to SETTLE DOWN with the nice guys.

Sad thing is some of them end up either pregnant or having so much sex that they use themselves up during their best years. Then when they do decide to settle down no nice guy wants them.
Interesting comment.
This could hold true for both some men and some women.... Dating and fun is all fun and games untill we turn 30... hahaha

ugh.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:19 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Why would anyone ever know how many sex partners a person has had?

Old 08-16-2012, 09:38 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why would anyone ever know how many sex partners a person has had?
IME the more sexual partners someone has, the more afraid of commitment they are. They also are not as good at being a s/o because they havent spent the time on being a bf/gf, instead they spend their time satisfying whatever instant gratification that holds value to them at that time.
Also, it is quite possible they have unrealistic expectations on a LTR. Why work on a LTR that requires WORK, when the 'new' hotty over there is chatting me up ?

edit: And I dont actually want to know how many sexual partners you have had. But if I get the idea you have had over 100 partners, I will not engage with LTR. If I get the idea that you have had less then 30 parters, then I am assuming you have had some LTR's, and you have actual experience in being a s/o, and that would be a better fit for me.

Last edited by AverageGuy2006; 08-16-2012 at 09:46 AM..

Old 08-16-2012, 10:04 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,239,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPitt View Post
Ive had it with women. Sick of being used for a few free meals then never hear from them again. Tired of writing long well thought out messages on match .com and not hear so much as a one sentence reply. Tired of their superficial impossibly high standards . Maybe I'll just start being a self obsessed, arrogant, jerk then Ill start getting girls in droves!

I have a BIG problem when someone creates a thread that generalizes and encompasses an entire group of people. You have no business generalizing "women" and when you generalize, that means you have included me and the large number of women on this forum in that population. I would NOT rather have Chris Brown than a nice guy. Maybe a lot of women aren't into you because you don't know the difference between then and than . I would rather be with someone who does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships