Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 07:53 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Women like to have SEX with badboys and like to SETTLE DOWN with the nice guys.

Sad thing is some of them end up either pregnant or having so much sex that they use themselves up during their best years. Then when they do decide to settle down no nice guy wants them.

That's bull****. Nice guys save these women all the time. No matter how many miles they have on them or amount of children
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 07:59 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
[/b]

That's bull****. Nice guys save these women all the time. No matter how many miles they have on them or amount of children

Nice guys don't save them. Guys with LOW SELF-ESTEEM save SOME of them. Have you seen the number of SINGLE MOTHERS out here?????

Old 08-16-2012, 08:01 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Interesting. So how does that work? Do you inquire into the potential date's background through a series of questions to make sure he is an ex-bad boy? What about guys who weren't formerly bad boys? Are they dismissed?
Not at all. It's just I've noticed I tend to click the best with those kinds of guys. I am open to dating anyone who meets my very basic standards.

However, I find that there is a certain type that DOES mesh well with me. I think it's an issue of balance. They just have a different set of survival skills than I do. I also have a rather odd background, and I find that guys who have taken a nontraditional route in life are a little more accepting of my own offbeat nature.

Keep in mind that these are guys who are well-past the BS of lawbreaking and substance abuse and cheating. They all have been highly intelligent and well-read, and they all have treated me well. Someone who was abusive or volatile (or stupid) wouldn't last 10 minutes with me.

But my long-term relationships have all been with guys who went through extended rebellious period when they were younger. It's just a pattern I noticed after a while, certainly nothing I was consciously looking for.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:05 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Women like to have SEX with badboys and like to SETTLE DOWN with the nice guys.

Sad thing is some of them end up either pregnant or having so much sex that they use themselves up during their best years. Then when they do decide to settle down no nice guy wants them.
I had no idea that sex (for women only of course) is a non-replenishing commodity. What happens when all her sex is used up? Does the hole close? I need to know this so I can start budgeting accordingly. After 30 odd years of sex surely my tank is close to empty!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:05 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Chris Brown and then a Nice Guy? Then I guess you just have to be patient. (Or, learn the difference between "then" and "than".)

Old 08-16-2012, 08:12 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
sure but a woman that wants an ex-bad boy? Tells me that she hasnt grown up yet
Maybe not. Maybe I'll never grow up. I'm pretty happy with who I am though, so I'm gonna ride that for now.

I'm open to dating pretty much anyone who meets my standards, and "bad boy" status isn't one of them. But it has worked out that those are the guys that gravitate towards me and those are the guys I tend to click with. That tends to be who I grew up with in my family, so that may be part of the reason. I relate well to guys like that.

I also had some horrific experiences with bullying at the private school I went to when I was in middle/high school. The "nice boys" put me through hell. To this day, I would say my instinct is not to trust the conventional white-collar guy who looks just a little too polished.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:13 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,944 times
Stay the hell away from online 'dating' sites... you should know by now that they generally do not work for men.

Just save yourself the grief and DON'T DO THAT!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:16 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,027,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPitt View Post
Ive had it with women. Sick of being used for a few free meals then never hear from them again. Tired of writing long well thought out messages on match .com and not hear so much as a one sentence reply. Tired of their superficial impossibly high standards . Maybe I'll just start being a self obsessed, arrogant, jerk then Ill start getting girls in droves!
Or maybe they sense bitterness and desperation from you. Also, don't speak for women especially since you have no clue about them. As for becoming a jerk, sure, go ahead and do that

Old 08-16-2012, 08:17 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Nice guys don't save them. Guys with LOW SELF-ESTEEM save SOME of them. Have you seen the number of SINGLE MOTHERS out here?????
Yeah, as many as there are SINGLE DADS, except the MOMS actually step up and take care of the children so the man can go out and impregnate more unsuspecting women. Most men who have kids don't tell people they do... I can't tell you how many dates I had where the men ended up having 2 or 3 children floating around that they neglected to mention. Guess they didn't want to be 'judged' on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I had no idea that sex (for women only of course) is a non-replenishing commodity. What happens when all her sex is used up? Does the hole close? I need to know this so I can start budgeting accordingly. After 30 odd years of sex surely my tank is close to empty!
I wonder if there is a 'sex budgeting' app I can throw on my phone....

Old 08-16-2012, 08:18 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
who said nice guys are wimps?
Nobody says that. As I said women like nice guys but not wimps.
Often wimps disguise themselves as "nice guys" but there is a huge difference between these two types.

Being a nice guy does not mean you let everybody pee on your head.
Being a nice guy does not mean that you can't stand up for yourself or be assertive.

Nice guys are good for women, wimps are bad.
Are we clear now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships