Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 12:51 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Why would you do online dating in the first place? The only women who want to use online dating, are desperate women, hence there are like 10 men for every 1 women and way too much competition.

In real life, there is a 1 to 1 relationship.
I'm not desperate and I use online dating... I just hang out with the same people and wanted to branch out a bit. I live in a small town and it can be difficult to meet new people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 12:56 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
Quote:
Why would you do online dating in the first place? The only women who want to use online dating, are desperate women, hence there are like 10 men for every 1 women and way too much competition.

No, in real life situations there is just as much competition.
It is the way of the world. Many men chase after the same women.

Millions of people do online dating. It is kind of a fad....

Online dating just makes it easier to meet people and go on quick random dates. That is why people online date.
It is better than trying to date someone you met at a bar. At least sobriety is involved with online dating.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:00 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,689,690 times
Lol these sad little threads need to stop

Old 08-16-2012, 01:12 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,076,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
No, in real life situations there is just as much competition.
It is the way of the world. Many men chase after the same women.

Millions of people do online dating. It is kind of a fad....

Online dating just makes it easier to meet people and go on quick random dates. That is why people online date.
It is better than trying to date someone you met at a bar. At least sobriety is involved with online dating.
I never found too much competition in real life. The good thing is that we all have different standards of beuty. For instance I am not really interested in tall blonde girls, or girls who wear much make up, while others are.

What I found is that nice pretty girls who are very socialiable are pretty difficult but not impossible, pretty girls who lacks social skills are not that difficult. You just need to do the work, and be attractive. Girls that are not pretty and not very good socially are really easy. You need to be carefult with those girls because they won't let you go.

My feeling is that in online dating, you have to lower your standards dramatically.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:20 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPitt View Post
Ive had it with women. Sick of being used for a few free meals then never hear from them again. Tired of writing long well thought out messages on match .com and not hear so much as a one sentence reply. Tired of their superficial impossibly high standards . Maybe I'll just start being a self obsessed, arrogant, jerk then Ill start getting girls in droves!

Sometimes I almost feel sorry for single guys out there, then I read something like this and know exactly why a lot of you don't have regular dates.

Not ALL women want guys like Chris Brown but it appears ALL the women you prefer do.

Perhaps take a look at the type of women you are choosing to ask out or are attracting, it could give you a clue as to why the dates have been sporadic and the women disappointing.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:25 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,843 times
Quote:

I disagree. I know two couples who met online. One is my shy wallflower-ish best friend from middle school, the other was a former co-worker.

The middle school friend, well.... that was to be expected that she'd meet someone that way. But they're still together and have a great marriage, eight years later. They also have a son.
She didn't meet him on a dating site though. They just met at some mutual interest website. She wasn't looking for love, she just found it.

The co-worker was anything but a wallflower. Very outgoing, very social. She met her husband a decade ago in a WORLD chatroom on Yahoo. A world chatroom, and guess where he was? In the exact same town. Now what are the odds of that? That is pure fate. I lived in a military town at the time, and he was stationed there from his native Florida.
Cut to 11-12 years later: they are still married (can't remember exactly when, but it's been several years now), have a couple kids, and are living down in his native Florida. Happy as ever.

There are still many people who have not embraced the internet as a real way to meet a significant other, but I think those people just haven't seen it work before. I've seen it work twice. These two have been in longer, stronger marriages than many I know who met their significant other the "old-fashioned way." Many of those people are no longer together.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:32 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,076,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
I disagree. I know two couples who met online. One is my shy wallflower-ish best friend from middle school, the other was a former co-worker.

The middle school friend, well.... that was to be expected that she'd meet someone that way. But they're still together and have a great marriage, eight years later. They also have a son.
She didn't meet him on a dating site though. They just met at some mutual interest website. She wasn't looking for love, she just found it.

The co-worker was anything but a wallflower. Very outgoing, very social. She met her husband a decade ago in a WORLD chatroom on Yahoo. A world chatroom, and guess where he was? In the exact same town. Now what are the odds of that? That is pure fate. I lived in a military town at the time, and he was stationed there from his native Florida.
Cut to 11-12 years later: they are still married (can't remember exactly when, but it's been several years now), have a couple kids, and are living down in his native Florida. Happy as ever.

There are still many people who have not embraced the internet as a real way to meet a significant other, but I think those people just haven't seen it work before. I've seen it work twice. These two have been in longer, stronger marriages than many I know who met their significant other the "old-fashioned way." Many of those people are no longer together.
Those are not dating sites. I am not saying you can not meet girls online, but I think dating sites is a waste of time. At least for guys.

The reason is that guys are more desperate than girls, and is also used to taking the initiative. Hence, there are many more guys than girls on dating sites, and you need to lower your standards. I think most people agree that getting a girlfriend is not hard if you accept anybody.

And what is the traditional way? I think the traditional way is that you get introduced to them through friends, work mates or trips. I don't really see the difference between that and meeting them on chat or mututal interest sites.

Old 08-16-2012, 02:59 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
I lose a lot of respect for Rihanna for even dating a D-bag like Brown. Not that I ever looked up to her in the first place.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,399,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I'm kind of into ex-bad boys. They've sowed their wild oats and they've kind of settled down by the time they become attractive to me. But none of the guys I've been with has ever been a Chris Brown type, either.
no such thing as ex-bad boys

Old 08-16-2012, 07:07 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPitt View Post
Ive had it with women. Sick of being used for a few free meals then never hear from them again. Tired of writing long well thought out messages on match .com and not hear so much as a one sentence reply. Tired of their superficial impossibly high standards . Maybe I'll just start being a self obsessed, arrogant, jerk then Ill start getting girls in droves!

Let me guess...you think you're a 'nice guy.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships