Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 10:09 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPitt View Post
Ive had it with women. Sick of being used for a few free meals then never hear from them again. Tired of writing long well thought out messages on match .com and not hear so much as a one sentence reply. Tired of their superficial impossibly high standards . Maybe I'll just start being a self obsessed, arrogant, jerk then Ill start getting girls in droves!
Please: Take a deep breath... and step away from the internet.

I'm serious, online dating is not like regular dating, and there is NO reason to take any of it to heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 10:12 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
And I dont actually want to know how many sexual partners you have had. But if I get the idea you have had over 100 partners, I will not engage with LTR. If I get the idea that you have had less then 30 parters, then I am assuming you have had some LTR's, and you have actual experience in being a s/o, and that would be a better fit for me.

Exactly!!

Old 08-16-2012, 10:14 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think men want to be easy to please, but they're just as complicated as anyone else. It's just that society won't let them BE complicated because it's not considered masculine. They're supposed to suppress their feelings and they can be shamed for liking something out of the norm. I have a guy friend who goes with me to orchestral performances up in San Francisco and I'm the only one who knows he likes classical music...his friends would make fun of him mercilessly if they found out! It's kind of a silly example, but I'm hoping I got my point across

You did. I absolutely love classical music as well as jazz and all of my friends know about it. You do make a good point. There are some guys out there that just don't know what they want. Or it could be that they know what they want but are not comfortable enough with themselves to admit it and own up to it. Confuses me even when I talk about it!! But the best guys out there have no problem sharing their desires with the right woman.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:16 AM

464 posts, read 479,529 times
Women would rather have a Charlie Sheen than a nice guy or Women would rather have a Mel Gibson than a nice guy.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:18 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,373,081 times
Well, this is the same...men would rather have a psycho chick who looks like Jennifer Anniston, than a nice woman, who looks like Queen Latifah.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:22 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,960,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Well, this is the same...men would rather have a psycho chick who looks like Jennifer Anniston, than a nice woman, who looks like Queen Latifah.
please tell me there is an option somewhere in the middle!

haha

Old 08-16-2012, 12:49 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,350,998 times
Quote:
Ive had it with women. Sick of being used for a few free meals then never hear from them again. Tired of writing long well thought out messages on match .com and not hear so much as a one sentence reply. Tired of their superficial impossibly high standards . Maybe I'll just start being a self obsessed, arrogant, jerk then Ill start getting girls in droves!
They seem to be drawn to the disturbed... (They hit on me / ask me out in my area)

I'm sorry for what you are going through.

Now, what the FACK is with this online dating crap?! I stay away from that crap. Online dating...

Ugh!

GO OUT AND MEEET PEOPLE!!!!!!

Old 08-16-2012, 01:05 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Quote:
God. Not another one of these self-pitying Nice Guy threads.

Look, it has nothing to do with the Nice Guy/Bad Boy dichotomy. It has everything to do with the fact that you're either not interesting, not attractive, possessed with rock bottom social skills, can't make conversation if your life depended on it, wear lots of brown plaid, stand in the corner at parties without talking to anyone, don't take care of yourself, treat women as if they were fragile creatures, needy, insecure, or you don't have a backbone.

So before you take pot shots at women, why don't you examine yourself with a critical eye first. Would you date you?

Old 08-16-2012, 01:07 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,763,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
What I found is that nice pretty girls who are very socialiable are pretty difficult but not impossible, pretty girls who lacks social skills are not that difficult. You just need to do the work, and be attractive. Girls that are not pretty and not very good socially are really easy. You need to be carefult with those girls because they won't let you go.
Alas, not exactly true at least here in D.C. -- pretty non-social gals and average / below average gals here are just as picky (and just as likely to reject a guy) as the pretty, social gals...

Old 08-16-2012, 01:42 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,076,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
If you havent found much competition in real life, then you are one of the exceptions. And if this is true, you should realize that most people have a lot of competition, and you aren't even aware of it. I have more success meeting women anywhere else then the bar.
At the bar, someone is always better looking, has more money, has more of whatever it takes.
Most people struggle at the bar, only the "select few" use the bar as a meet market. The rest of us get s/o's
through friends, or more by accident, then by being the "smooth guy at the insert location here."

IME, my friends that dont have competition dont struggle with dating, so they always saythe same thing "Just get out there dude, they are waiting for you."
No, they arent waiting for me, cause i have approached a handful today alone and got no where, oh but wait, imagine this, a woman is approahing us and wants to talk with YOU. And yet, you think you know what I need to do to successfully get a date...
I don't go to bars to date girls in bars. I don't find it that difficult, but I don't want to have random sex. You will find so much better girls around where you live. Also, I don't think money matter for bars. Just be funny and dress well. However, I do the same thing. I meet people through friends or "accident". That is the normal way.

The difference between your friends and me, is that I struggled in the past. What you need to do is to learn how to attract a women, then dress well and you will get opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
^That's why I'm always reticent to take dating advice from people who've always had it come naturally to them.
It never came naturally to me. I didn't even kiss a girl before I was 17, and that was luck with a girl who is way below my standards at the moment.

Reality is, good girls want nice guys. You just need to learn how to attract them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships