Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:52 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Joking?

Agreed

Agreed.

Sunkisses, being undesirable by somebody doesn't make them a loser because nobody is desirable to everybody, so that would make all of us losers. I'm pretty surprised by several of the answers in this thread.
This is true, but again, going by what friends and family members have stated, when a man was ugly or had some other undesirable physical trait, that particular man was called a loser, i.e. an ugly man approached a friend of mine, tries to get her number, she rejects him, he walks away, and she mumbles "yuck he was a loser and a lame".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
This is true, but again, going by what friends and family members have stated, when a man was ugly or had some other undesirable physical trait, that particular man was called a loser, i.e. an ugly man approached a friend of mine, tries to get her number, she rejects him, he walks away, and she mumbles "yuck he was a loser and a lame".
And (as a women) Id say your friend is a b*tch. No loss for the guy with the "undesirable physical trait".

Old 08-27-2012, 12:55 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,198 times
I've also had friends judge men who look certain way and make comments, "that guy looks like he's got nothing going for himself--he looks like a loser" (in the cases the men either had a lot of tattoos, looked ghetto, etc). Or "that man looks like he's broke and has nothing to offer"... In these cases these types of men were viewed as losers, even if the reasons seemed shallow.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:56 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I have a ton of trouble dating. Just this last weekend I got to watch the guy I had a huge crush on ask my sister out in front of me.

I doubt that would have happened if I was 'hot'.

In all seriousness, just because he ask out your sister over you does not mean that you were not good looking enough. He simply could have preferred your sisters personalty over yours.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Without knowing the specifics I have done that myself. For me I would say that about a guy who approached me and was gross. By gross I mean he had poor hygiene and just creepy. If I am not attracted I won't say he's a loser.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
In all seriousness, just because he ask out your sister over you does not mean that you were not good looking enough. He simply could have preferred your sisters personalty over yours.
In that case I probably dodged a bullet considering my sister is a stereotypical materialistic, gossipy mean girl. If that's the type of girl he wants I never stood a chance.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:06 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
If you have to ask, you aren't ready to know.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
It's subjective. I've been a "loser" most of my life. I don't see myself that way and neither do those who matter in my life. I don't know that I'd necessarily use the term loser for some I've encountered, but I've definitely found myself thinking "And you wonder why you're single..." on a few occasions.

I was once contacted online by someone whose profile indicated what type of flea control potential partners must use on their pets, had step-by-step directions on how to file an OSHA claim successfully and detailed stories about how his profile was rated negatively due to a couple of encounters with women who pursued him relentlessly and turned out to be psycho. Printed, his profile would probably have been 8 pages long. I read enough to know that he blamed everyone but himself for everything wrong in his life. To me, someone who feels they are owed by everyone else and won't recognize they could have a role to play is a loser.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:25 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

I have a ton of trouble dating. Just this last weekend I got to watch the guy I had a huge crush on ask my sister out in front of me.

I doubt that would have happened if I was 'hot'.
I don't know why you don't find yourself attractive FYI

Old 08-27-2012, 01:28 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
I understand that's what some people say. It doesn't mean they're right. There are plenty of physically unattractive men out there who are not losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships