Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 05:36 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times

Advertisements

OP, stop texting her more than once or twice a week. It's MUCH better that she comes looking for you. It shows her interest, and you talk face to face, which is vastly better than bland text. The constant texting is probably a nuisance, shows you're too dependent, and really is boring. Change your ways, or you'll probably be looking for a new girlfriend soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 05:44 AM

6 posts, read 60,307 times
thank you very much for all of your help guys. I'll just do what i can, hopefully things doesnt come out as bad as it seems. Have a good day.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:34 AM

6 posts, read 60,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
OP, stop texting her more than once or twice a week. It's MUCH better that she comes looking for you. It shows her interest, and you talk face to face, which is vastly better than bland text. The constant texting is probably a nuisance, shows you're too dependent, and really is boring. Change your ways, or you'll probably be looking for a new girlfriend soon.
Im just afraid if she'll thought that i dont have interest in her anymore and not being serious, if i start to txt her lesser?

Old 08-30-2012, 07:09 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidboy View Post
Im just afraid if she'll thought that i dont have interest in her anymore and not being serious, if i start to txt her lesser?
If you stop texting her and start dating other girls, she might find you more exciting.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:23 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,634,940 times
Three solutions :

Become less boring

Resign yourself to being alone

Find someone equally as boring

IMO a couple who has nothing in common or is unable to interact in a manner which engages their interest is doomed to failure. Boredom is a failsafe one way ticket to relationship disaster as far as I am concerned. I have been with Hubby for almost 24 years now and have often wanted to throw sharp objects at him but he has NEVER once bored me.

Why would anyone stay with someone they find dull and insipid ? It does not mean you have to be interesting to everyone in sight but the one you intend to be with would be a minimum requirement. We all have different ideas of what is boring and what is exciting but you need to at least elicit some interest in your girlfriend otherwise all is lost... Maybe she is not the right girl for the OP.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:54 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Sounds like you're very young

Old 08-30-2012, 08:21 AM

90 posts, read 131,560 times
Invite her to do something. Then you'll have another topic of conversation...what you did, what else you might want to do. Make plans and follow through with them. At some point, though, ask her if she even likes to text and if so, tell her that you would like to get texts from her. Just say it. If you learn to be direct now, when you are so young, you will carry that lesson with you for future relationships.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:33 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Texting, the degradation of our social skills. Are you 12 years old?

You can not hold a meaningful conversation over texts or emails because there is no emotion. You need to hear a voice or even see a face with that voice.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:50 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,599,226 times
I'm curious how you two managed to get to the "boyfriend/girlfriend" stage in the first place...

Old 08-30-2012, 09:00 AM

3,925 posts, read 6,842,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sounds like you're very young
^^^ This

How old are you? I think you really don't "love" her. Do you know what love is? Just move on is my advice. She sounds boring too.

There is no boring moments, only boring people. Remember that. If she is "bored" it is your fault AND HERS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships