Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 AM

74 posts, read 135,359 times

Advertisements

Men: Do you like the cosmetic queen? The type of woman who is devoted to doing everything she can to bring out her physical beauty and act pretty and sexy? Spend money on skin treatments, the most up to date hairstyles/cuts, the best makeup, beautiful clothes, nice lipstick, manicures, pedicures, and regular checks in the mirror to see that they are put together.

I see women like this all the time at the makeup area of high end department stores, at the high priced salon my wife goes to, at fancy clothing stores at the mall and in places rich people hang out. These women need to look great and will do what it takes to be very attractive and fashionable. They need men to give them a second look. They know what it is like to be a woman, sexy and feminine. They can be vain, but dam, they look great and they know it.

Would YOU want a relationship with a woman like this?

Last edited by chit chatter; 09-12-2012 at 07:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 07:29 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,936,268 times
I think the same about that as I do about pretty much every question asked on these forums.

It's a big world, and so long as it doesn't harm anyone, they can do what the hell they want.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:07 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,801,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chit chatter View Post
Men: Do you like the cosmetic queen? The type of woman who is devoted to doing everything she can to bring out her physical beauty and act pretty and sexy? Spend money on skin treatments, the most up to date hairstyles/cuts, the best makeup, beautiful clothes, nice lipstick, manicures, pedicures, and regular checks in the mirror to see that they are put together.

I see women like this all the time at the makeup area of high end department stores, at the high priced salon my wife goes to, at fancy clothing stores at the mall and in places rich people hang out. These women need to look great and will do what it takes to be very attractive and fashionable. They need men to give them a second look. They know what it is like to be a woman, sexy and feminine. They can be vain, but dam, they look great and they know it.

Would YOU want a relationship with a woman like this?
No.

I like a woman who looks presentable and neat but I don't want one to scream in horror if I see her with no makeup and sweats. Besides there has got to be a cost to support that woman's habit and I don't want to be the one paying it down the line.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,614,604 times
I love a natural woman. With that said, light makeup to accent the natural beauty is ok. A little pampering is ok, when you understand that men judge women based strictly on physical beauty and appearance. Women spend all this time, money and effort in order to be attractive to the opposite sex, despite what they may want to tell you.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:15 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,939,123 times
Fine for them, but I'd never be interested in that. HIgh maint. and self absorbed even more than average is a bad combination for a potential mate.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:20 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,310,356 times
I love clothes, makeup, hair and everything beauty related. I take about 30mins to get ready and I pay for everything myself, while still putting money in my savings at the end of the month. While I am concerned with physical beauty-I am not a girly girl (aka I play sports, work out, hike, do things outdoors etc).

I think its a common misconception that the women you see done-up to the nines every day is high maintenance. I take my heels and makeup off just like everyone else when I get home or on the weekends.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:28 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,769,692 times
Generally not my cup of tea. I can appreciate when a girl gets dressed/dolled up, but I have more simple tastes...

Old 09-12-2012, 08:28 AM

74 posts, read 135,359 times
Those type fo women are shown in the media as being ideal and if they look great they are told they are wonderful. Clothes, hair, makeup and style is everything in the media. Being beautiful on the inside is not that important. The media and the world of advertising has conditioned us to expect women to spend lots of money and time on their beauty. And if they don't wear the right clothes, use the best makeup or have the latest haircut, they are no one.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,125,328 times
I am very into physical beauty as well. I wear makeup everyday, style my hair, try to wear the cutest clothes, and watch my weight. Sometimes I do get flack from other women, some will start drama by striking up a conversation about how its bad for black women to wear makeup or that it can age the skin. But I don't care. A lot of the women who look down on makeup, need it the most.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:50 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,485,161 times
Unless they ALSO have or are developing inner beauty and are productive in life (not just consumers), I think they are a waste of skin. Most people have some reasonable balance in their lives, so my thinking does not apply to many people, thankfully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships