Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 05:53 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
She said "strictly." I like beautiful women as much as any man, but I like natural beauty more than the type that comes out of a bottle.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've heard it before. Most men don't realize how much work or money goes into being a "natural" beauty.

From those sun kissed highlights, to the perfectly groomed brows, the gleaming smile, etc..

As I've stated before, the majority of men wouldn't know "natural beauty" if she kicked them in the nuts.

Natural beauties are often called frumpy by most men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 06:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
call it whatever you want; most of the men like women that do themselves up with hair, make up and clothing. you say otherwise, oh well and stop calling me sweetheart in a condescending manner.
I'm not being condescending.

Like I said, nothing wrong with makeup, hair, etc.....just don't be obsessed with it.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've heard it before. Most men don't realize how much work or money goes into being a "natural" beauty.

From those sun kissed highlights, to the perfectly groomed brows, the gleaming smile, etc..

As I've stated before, the majority of men wouldn't know "natural beauty" if she kicked them in the nuts.

Nah, TIW, if there's one thing I do know, it's a woman's beauty. I look at teeth, eyes, etc. Hair and brows don't mean a whole lot to me; it's the spiritual mental and physical fitness that attracts this man.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times
Quote:
I'm not being condescending.

Like I said, nothing wrong with makeup, hair, etc.....just don't be obsessed with it.

calling someone naive because they don't agree with you is being condescending. There's nothing wrong with make up just saying not every woman wants or even cares about that crap, I know I don't.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

Completely agreed!!! Some of the prettiest 'natural' beauties I know have had cosmetic word done and spent a buttload of time and money on their appearance... you just wouldn't know it by glancing at them because they're damn good at it

Quote:
Nah, TIW, if there's one thing I do know, it's a woman's beauty. I look at teeth, eyes, etc. Hair and brows don't mean a whole lot to me; it's the spiritual mental and physical fitness that attracts this man.
And you think most women don't constantly work at that? Teeth whitening, veneers, working out, drinking water and taking vitamins to keep their eyes clear, expertly applied makeup to make it look like they're not wearing any etc etc. Even down to hair treatments (even if it's at home) coloring, manicures etc. it takes hours and hours to look 'naturally' pretty. Plus, you'd be surprised how much well groomed eyebrows can change a persons face. That's one thing that I do maintain because I've seen the difference it can make in a person.

I tried it once, it was exhausting, and I did most of it by myself at home.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
calling someone naive because they don't agree with you is being condescending. There's nothing wrong with make up just saying not every woman wants or even cares about that crap, I know I don't.
You say all kinds of things about people who don't agree with your sweeping, black-and-white generalizations about men. I am just telling you that if you really think all men go crazy and fall all over themselves because a woman has a good makeup job, you are sadly mistaken.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Completely agreed!!! Some of the prettiest 'natural' beauties I know have had cosmetic word done and spent a buttload of time and money on their appearance... you just wouldn't know it by glancing at them because they're damn good at it

And you think most women don't constantly work at that? Teeth whitening, veneers, working out, drinking water and taking vitamins to keep their eyes clear, expertly applied makeup to make it look like they're not wearing any etc etc. Even down to hair treatments (even if it's at home) coloring, manicures etc. it takes hours and hours to look 'naturally' pretty.

I tried it once, it was exhausting, and I did most of it by myself at home.
I believe women do all kinds of things, yes. I'm just saying that the hair and makeup thing doesn't mean anything to me. As for the drinking water, taking vitamins, getting sleep, working out, etc. I do that too. That I do expect of a woman, as well as keeping away from tobacco, alcohol, certain foods, etc.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
You say all kinds of things about people who don't agree with your sweeping, black-and-white generalizations about men. I am just telling you that if you really think all men go crazy and fall all over themselves because a woman has a good makeup job, you are sadly mistaken.

I am one poster on here. Contrary to popular belief, I only get one say so on things. There's tons of other opinions, feel free to read those if you don't like mine. the best thing for you to do is move on, instead of trying to tell me repeatedly what I should and shouldn't be thinking about men. I don't care.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I am one poster on here. Contrary to popular belief, I only get one say so on things. There's tons of other opinions, feel free to read those if you don't like mine. the best thing for you to do is move on, instead of trying to tell me repeatedly what I should and shouldn't be thinking about men. I don't care.
Don't care. Just don't get mad when your distortions and misrepresentations are pointed out.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Don't care. Just don't get mad when your distortions and misrepresentations are pointed out.

lmao. so?? I am not 'mad' I just think it's dumb how some people think they can 'point' an invisible internet finger and that actually affects something.

it does nothing, nothing at all. but carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships