Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 02:31 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times

Advertisements

About a year ago, I took someone out to dinner. I dont even remember where. After dinner we went to a comedy club. The comedian was Louie Anderson (the guy that uswd to host family fued I think). He was pretty funny.

We had a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed the whole experience with my date. We laughed a lot, and we talked a lot that night. it was very early in the relationship, but I dont remember exactly when (definately fisrt month or two). I think we were 'clicking' really well. It was an all around really fun night. I think the date lasted about 6-7 hours.

The date night itself I had arranged ahead of time, but the dinner location and comedy club was quite spontaneous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 02:34 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,873 times
Best date ever has to be the first one with the woman who I'll be marrying in December:

Met at a local restaurant, had a nice dinner and some quality drinks. Neither one of us was ready to call it a night, so I drove her to another bar and we had a little more food (nachos) and a few more drinks. What makes this date special (besides the fact that I felt like I knew her from our phone and text conversations already) was what happened when it was finally time to end the date (it was 2:00 in the morning and a weeknight).

Short version is as follows:

I locked myself out of my car (engine running), and looked around to see an empty parking lot (save for our vehicles). I contemplated breaking a window, but I had nothing but hard-soled shoes to do so. While I was standing around, trying to figure out my next option, a guy rolls up in his Escalade. Once he got out and started talking to me, I realized he was drunk. He convinced me that he knew how to "jimmy" a door with a coat hanger, so I let him try. Obviously, he failed. But, while he was working on getting the door open, he unknowingly wet himself! The funny part is that he kept talking to me for a good three minutes, never knowing that the entire front of his pants were soaked. The NOT FUNNY part was that he refused to let me call him a cab. That is very no bueno, but I was left saying a prayer as he drove off.

In the end,I had no choice but to call roadside assistance. Keep in mind it was very late/early and I had no idea how long it would take for the guy to arrive. Luckily, she waited with me. I sat in her car and we made out for a little while until the roadside assistance guy showed up. A few minutes later, we were both on our way home.

We reminisce about that night often, laughing at the sequence of events and how we bonded in that "time of crisis".

--Dim

Old 09-25-2012, 02:42 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
Best date ever has to be the first one with the woman who I'll be marrying in December:

Met at a local restaurant, had a nice dinner and some quality drinks. Neither one of us was ready to call it a night, so I drove her to another bar and we had a little more food (nachos) and a few more drinks. What makes this date special (besides the fact that I felt like I knew her from our phone and text conversations already) was what happened when it was finally time to end the date (it was 2:00 in the morning and a weeknight).

Short version is as follows:

I locked myself out of my car (engine running), and looked around to see an empty parking lot (save for our vehicles). I contemplated breaking a window, but I had nothing but hard-soled shoes to do so. While I was standing around, trying to figure out my next option, a guy rolls up in his Escalade. Once he got out and started talking to me, I realized he was drunk. He convinced me that he knew how to "jimmy" a door with a coat hanger, so I let him try. Obviously, he failed. But, while he was working on getting the door open, he unknowingly wet himself! The funny part is that he kept talking to me for a good three minutes, never knowing that the entire front of his pants were soaked. The NOT FUNNY part was that he refused to let me call him a cab. That is very no bueno, but I was left saying a prayer as he drove off.

In the end,I had no choice but to call roadside assistance. Keep in mind it was very late/early and I had no idea how long it would take for the guy to arrive. Luckily, she waited with me. I sat in her car and we made out for a little while until the roadside assistance guy showed up. A few minutes later, we were both on our way home.

We reminisce about that night often, laughing at the sequence of events and how we bonded in that "time of crisis".

--Dim
OMG that is hilarious - sounds very similar to the first date my husband and I had too!

Hey, on our SECOND date (after this first amazing, and amazingly funny date, he pranced off to Africa for about a month, so our second date was many weeks later!), we were more nervous than we were before the first date, because that first date would be a hard act to follow. Did we look the same to the other since we hadn't seen each other in over a month? Would we still find the other person just as attractive and wonderful as we thought they were originally? yada yada yada. We had called and texted a lot while he was overseas, so the pressure had built up.

He invited me to his house for dinner, and then we were going out to a movie. (Funny aside note - when I got to his house he had his health records, passport, and criminal background reports laying out on the table - but I digress!) When we left the house to go to the movie, he realized he had locked his keys in the house! So first, he climbed up on the roof, trying to get into an upstairs window he thought might be open. No deal. So he looked around for a key he thought he had hidden in the garage. No deal. Finally he said, "Well, my mom has my extra key since I travel so much - we'll have to go over there to get it."

HIS MOM WAS SICK WITH SHINGLES. So here we go - second date only - over to her house to get this sick woman out of bed - and of course, he says, "Well, I guess you need to meet her, since I'm crazy about you." AWKWARD.

All's well that ends well. We missed the movie, but I met his mom - and we are close to this day.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:50 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,873 times
Wow...that would be awkward! Glad it worked out so well for you two. :-)

--Dim

Old 09-25-2012, 02:58 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,966 times
More, more! C'mon people! These stories are awesome!

Old 09-25-2012, 03:20 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,663,354 times
funny, memories popping back here

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
He convinced me that he knew how to "jimmy" a door with a coat hanger, so I let him try.
I actually helped some random guy jimmy his car open. I stopped by this restaurant to pick up food and saw this helpless indian guy trying to jimmy his benz open in a parking lot nearby. Wanting a ride back at the time, I did it for him. It turned out to be a funny friendship as at the time we were from complete different SES. He invited me out to one of his yacht parties and told me i could bring any friends i wanted. so i brought my girl and 3 of my best friends.

One of my good friends was just an opinionated, loudmouth. And he called everyone a n*gger. Just his habit. He'd call a baby n*gger without knowing it! It was hilarious to see him talk to this stuffy middle aged white guy about his theories on politics (which were quite hilarious) and then end it with 'my n*gger'. Then begin talking to the wives/single girls about his theory on how to satisfy white girls LOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon
When we left the house to go to the movie, he realized he had locked his keys in the house!
Not a date story, but how I met you story:

The night as I'm being arrested, I toss my friend my car keys. Tell him to move my car so it doesn't get towed.

The next morning, I'm discharged. I go to call my friend on my cell but the battery is dead and I don't remember his number. So for a bit I try asking people outside if they have a charger, maybe in their car. After 20 minutes, it was more like **** it.

So I get a cab, but I don't have enough money to get to my friends and wanting to just go home, I have him take me there. I was hoping some of my neighbors would be around since my house keys were with my car keys.

But it's the middle of the week, and none are home.

For visual this is an apartment building overlooking a busy alley (pedestrians).

So I just lose my calm and begin kicking my front door with all my force. Now I have a security door, so all that achieves is making a lot of noise. People begin giving me weird stares but just walk by, not wanting to get involved.

I just decide to break my window at one point. I pick up the ashtray I used to smoke and cover my hand in my hoody, and then just smash through the window and begin clearing it. In broad day light.

I hear a:

What the hell are you doing!!! Is that your house?!!!

I turn around pissed about to give that person hell. But I turn around to this fragile girl, tethered to her lab trying to walk her someplace else. She is shaking, but holding firm. While a bunch of other guys just walked on by, this small girl is standing strong. So I just laugh and tell her to get the **** out of my sight.

And I go back to the window.

She then tells me she's calling 911.

So I storm down and yank the cell out of her hand. And shove her my discharge papers (which had my address on it).

The rest was funny history.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:46 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
funny, memories popping back here

I actually helped some random guy jimmy his car open. I stopped by this restaurant to pick up food and saw this helpless indian guy trying to jimmy his benz open in a parking lot nearby. Wanting a ride back at the time, I did it for him. It turned out to be a funny friendship as at the time we were from complete different SES. He invited me out to one of his yacht parties and told me i could bring any friends i wanted. so i brought my girl and 3 of my best friends.

One of my good friends was just an opinionated, loudmouth. And he called everyone a n*gger. Just his habit. He'd call a baby n*gger without knowing it! It was hilarious to see him talk to this stuffy middle aged white guy about his theories on politics (which were quite hilarious) and then end it with 'my n*gger'. Then begin talking to the wives/single girls about his theory on how to satisfy white girls LOLOL

Not a date story, but how I met you story:

The night as I'm being arrested, I toss my friend my car keys. Tell him to move my car so it doesn't get towed.

The next morning, I'm discharged. I go to call my friend on my cell but the battery is dead and I don't remember his number. So for a bit I try asking people outside if they have a charger, maybe in their car. After 20 minutes, it was more like **** it.

So I get a cab, but I don't have enough money to get to my friends and wanting to just go home, I have him take me there. I was hoping some of my neighbors would be around since my house keys were with my car keys.

But it's the middle of the week, and none are home.

For visual this is an apartment building overlooking a busy alley (pedestrians).

So I just lose my calm and begin kicking my front door with all my force. Now I have a security door, so all that achieves is making a lot of noise. People begin giving me weird stares but just walk by, not wanting to get involved.

I just decide to break my window at one point. I pick up the ashtray I used to smoke and cover my hand in my hoody, and then just smash through the window and begin clearing it. In broad day light.

I hear a:

What the hell are you doing!!! Is that your house?!!!

I turn around pissed about to give that person hell. But I turn around to this fragile girl, tethered to her lab trying to walk her someplace else. She is shaking, but holding firm. While a bunch of other guys just walked on by, this small girl is standing strong. So I just laugh and tell her to get the **** out of my sight.

And I go back to the window.

She then tells me she's calling 911.

So I storm down and yank the cell out of her hand. And shove her my discharge papers (which had my address on it).

The rest was funny history.
What a great story!!!!!

Old 09-26-2012, 09:53 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
I was studying in Japan and started going out with this girl who had a good position in an international firm. We met in a train station one night to go out to eat. I was craving for some onigiri (rice balls with your ingredient of choice inside). Told her and she was fine about it. We bought some and sat on the sidewalk to enjoy it. It touched my heart to see this girl in her executive clothes and briefcase, a woman who was obviously used to the “finer things in life”, seating on a sidewalk with me, the college student, without a care in the world talking, laughing, simply enjoying our time together.

Old 09-26-2012, 12:58 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,533 times
Sitting by the ocean at night watching the full moon. Best things in life are free.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:00 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asma410 View Post
Sitting by the ocean at night watching the full moon. Best things in life are free.
True dat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships