Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:13 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

The morning after my first date with my future husband, I woke up and immediately thought, "Wow, what's wrong with my stomach - and my face? Why am I so sore?"

I realized I was literally sore from laughing so hard till 2 am, with this fascinating person I had just met. I remember thinking distinctly, "I don't know where this is going to lead, but what happened between two strangers last night doesn't happen often in a lifetime. Savor it."

Seven years later, I'm still savoring. And laughing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 12:49 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
My best date was with this guy who was 8 years older than me. At that time, I was only 20. Dating a guy who was much older was fun and exhilarating.

I think it was my best first date, because I automatically knew he cared. Even though in a generic romantic sense he took me to nice restaurant with a candlelit dinner, I would've been happy with him had he taken me to a whole in the wall.

He made me happy, and was very sincere, something I really remembered. It didn't matter where we went, because his intentions were clear.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:50 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
One that ends with sex.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:51 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
One that ends with sex.
Of course, how wonderful!

Old 09-27-2012, 01:01 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,663,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asma410 View Post
Sitting by the ocean at night watching the full moon. Best things in life are free.
Used to live on the ocean, something very serene and comforting about just watching the waves lap in under a full moon

Funny memory though: me and my friend and 2 girls drove to these cliffs overlooking at the ocean to have a romantic double date. I brought some champagne and was leading the group through these cliffs at night as I was supposed to have known them the best. Well, I guess it rained the night before or something because there was a very slick spot that sent me tumbling down the entire cliff into the water. Somehow I wasn't hurt but everyone got a great laugh out of it but me

Old 09-27-2012, 01:03 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
One of the few true dates I've ever been on, with the girl I was dating in early spring my senior year in high school. We took my dad's beat-up old pickup truck and drove to Nashville. Went to Edwin Warner Park and walked the entire loop, stopping to rest at the top of the hill which has a great view of the outlying areas of the city. All the flowers were just starting to bloom, the trees had those fresh, light green leaves, and the air was warm but not hot. I think we bought sandwiches from Subway and ate while we drove. Since the old truck couldn't handle interstate speeds, we drove back roads all the way there and all the way back to her house. We left in the morning and got home around 10pm. We spent at least 13 or 14 hours together with no one else around, and it still didn't seem like enough. It may not sound like such a big deal, but keep in mind she was a couple of years younger than me and her mother had never let her date anyone before, and my parents were very strict as well. So getting the chance to spend the entire day alone with each other, in another city altogether, with no adults around...that was a pretty huge deal. An no, we didn't do anything "bad", and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

The only sad part of it all is that I believe that was the last date I've ever been on.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:09 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,663,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post

The only sad part of it all is that I believe that was the last date I've ever been on.
I swear man, it's all related to your hatred of anything warm and moist

Old 09-27-2012, 01:12 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The morning after my first date with my future husband, I woke up and immediately thought, "Wow, what's wrong with my stomach - and my face? Why am I so sore?"

I realized I was literally sore from laughing so hard till 2 am, with this fascinating person I had just met. I remember thinking distinctly, "I don't know where this is going to lead, but what happened between two strangers last night doesn't happen often in a lifetime. Savor it."

Seven years later, I'm still savoring. And laughing!
That is awesome.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:28 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,539 times
Wilderness camping. That's enough details!

Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,286,148 times
In a dorm room at Frostburg State University September, 1973.

Many follow-up visits as well. It never got better than that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships