Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,179,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Why exactly do you say that? Maybe there is some smoker somewhere who is rich and has a lot of things and someone is jealous of that. Maybe they have a nice family and someone is jealous of that? They just happen to be a smoker, it doesn't mean they are defected in some way.
Lol, wut?

That person would be jealous of their money and lifestyle, not them smoking.

Anyone can smoke, you don't need to go to college or obtain some wealth or status to be a smoker.

Not a single person on the face of this planet is jealous of someone who smokes, so it isn't hating.

Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 11:27 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I am a smoker and I lit my first cigarette in 5th grade and I will continue to smoke until I choose to quit. I get tired of defending my choice to smoke so I won't do it. I smoke, deal with it or don't just know that I do not smoke around others who do not smoke or are allergic, I do not throw my cigarette butts out of my vehicle window, I do not use the ashtray in my vehicle, I do not smoke inside anyone's home or vehicle who does not smoke and I do not ever smoke around children. When I am in public outside I will ask whomever is around if they mind if I smoke, if they do I move to another area. So, if you refrain from telling me how disgusting I am just because I smoke I will refrain from telling you how disgusting it is when you (no one in particular) are stinking drunk in public making an idiot of yourself, look like a hooker when you go out on the town or have the worst grammar, vocabulary and spelling I've seen in a while. Thank you in advance and I wish you all you deserve in your lifetime.
This.

I smoke and if someone can't look at everything else I have going on for me, can only focus on smoking, they simply are not even worth my time. There's a whole lot of things people do that irritate the crap out of me...smoking is not high on my list. Some people need to think about some of the things they do which I find particularly nasty before they get on their high horse preaching to me about how "gross" it is that I smoke.

Most people say it upfront if they don't like it or it's a deal breaker but if they don't, I will whip one out just to see their reaction. Not in their car or in a building but if we are having a drink or something, yep...I'm going to.

I won't turn someone down who smokes...unless it's marijuana...forget it. Despite what some think, it's a drug and I don't want to be around people who do that. I've had enough co-workers who do that and not a single one of them had any intelligence whatsoever so I'm quite biased towards it..for that and other reasons.

I love the smell of pipe smoke but it always makes me think of old men so that might be weird but I wouldn't deny someone because of it.

Cigar smoking...if they do it outside...and I'm quite confused about it because, you aren't really inhaling...so what's the point except to suck on a long shaped object. Strange.

Heavy smokers...well...if they are smoking one right after the other or two-three packs a day, (which I guess equates to one right after the other), they'd have to be awfully aware of cleanliness and I'm not sure I'd want that in the house.

But I'm not going to turn someone away just because they smoke.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:09 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,515,364 times
Smoking is a deal breaker for me, no matter how much else I may be attracted. I find it disgusting, the smell nauseating, and have no interest in being with one again.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:34 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,207,197 times
I totally understand the addiction and how uncomfortable it is not to have a smoke when needed, but it does negatively affect people. I know smokers don't want that (who would), but it's possible many don't understand the degree of it. What do you think about those electronic cigs when not at home or in the car?

Old 09-17-2012, 06:36 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,286,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I totally understand the addiction and how uncomfortable it is not to have a smoke when needed, but it does negatively affect people. I know smokers don't want that (who would), but it's possible many don't understand the degree of it. What so you think about those electronic cigs when not at home or in the car?

The electronic cigarettes are great for those who do not smoke a lot and smoke the light version of cigarettes.

Old 09-17-2012, 06:40 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,207,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The electronic cigarettes are great for those who do not smoke a lot and smoke the light version of cigarettes.
It sounds like a great reduction tool, but I'm not meaning using it f/t, rather only when others are exposed to it. I imagine it would be good for airports and planes, hospitals, and other venues that don't allow for smoke at all.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,122,980 times
Second hand smokes gives me terrible stomach cramps. However, I find it very sexy when a man smokes. Huge turn on even though its an unhealthy habit. Another thing i like is a man who drinks, I love the smell of alcohol on a man's breath

Old 09-17-2012, 08:25 AM

19,732 posts, read 20,276,616 times
I'm smoking again.

I have pretty always dated guys who smoked. Though I did quit smoking for 2 years during my last relationship since the guy I was seeing had already quit smoking, so it was a good incentive for me to quit also. Quitting ciggs has always been rather easy for me...

Whether I was smoking or not, I've never used it as an excuse/reason to date or not date someone. And no one has ever used it against me.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:20 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,906,303 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
\
I won't turn someone down who smokes...unless it's marijuana...forget it. Despite what some think, it's a drug and I don't want to be around people who do that
When you come right down to it, so is nicotine, but I understand what you mean.
Quote:

. I've had enough co-workers who do that and not a single one of them had any intelligence whatsoever so I'm quite biased towards it..for that and other reasons.
Well this is purely anecdotal. I work with nothing but a bunch of drunks and potheads, at least all the senior employees are, and they are some of the best ones in the place and much can be learned from them. They are very smart and good at what they do.

I don'tsmoke pot but maybe once every couple of years, but I don't judge those who do. If it doesn't affect their work or life in a negative way.... have at it. Personaly, I am dumbfounded that we live in a country where pot is illegal but alcohol remains a favorite passtime.

Quote:
Cigar smoking...if they do it outside...and I'm quite confused about it because, you aren't really inhaling...
They do it for the same reason that many people drink fine wines. The taste of a cigar or pipe using quality tobacco can be amazing.

Quote:

so what's the point except to suck on a long shaped object. Strange.
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

Sigmund Freud

Quote:
Heavy smokers...well...if they are smoking one right after the other or two-three packs a day, (which I guess equates to one right after the other), they'd have to be awfully aware of cleanliness and I'm not sure I'd want that in the house.
I'm not achain smoker, except for when I am in a bar or drinking venue that allows smoking, then I chain'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I totally understand the addiction and how uncomfortable it is not to have a smoke when needed, but it does negatively affect people. I know smokers don't want that (who would), but it's possible many don't understand the degree of it. What do you think about those electronic cigs when not at home or in the car?
I can't really tolerate an E-cig, atleast the one I tried was nasty and tasted nothing like the real thing. Maybe another brand would work out better.

As far as affecting others negatively? I try to be thoughtful of others, not as a smoker, but as a person in general. This would include not throwing my butts out the window of my car { HATE that, it's littering and has the risk of fire } not blowing it directly into someone elses personal space, not smoking around children, etc. etc. However, when in a bar, I'm not all that concerned about someone being offended that I'm smoking a Cig. You are going out on your own accord, to a venue you know will likely be smoke filled, so your just going to have to put up with it if you want to patronize that business. It's like wanting to walk down the freeway and getting upset that cars are traveling so fast. There is a smoking ban in my state, but many bars still allow smoking anyway by paying off the health department. Those are pretty much the only places I go. I gave up a few of my favorite spots because they gave in to the draconian law.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:27 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,906,303 times
It would seem that a majority of people would not date a smoker. That leads me to believe that either City-Data posters by and large don't like smoking and represent a small portion of the dating world, OR that the majority is just full-o-crap. Reason being, I see plenty of "shiny happy people" out there that smoke, who date non-smokers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships