Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 01:32 PM

814 posts, read 760,393 times

Advertisements

I've seen that among high ranking military. They don't like being questioned or objected to. "Just do what I say, my way is how it works" kinda people.

Then you have some men that are really just sick of arguing and fighting over everything under the sun. And it's often women of certain ethnicities who do behave this way. Then when dude don't want nothing to do with her "You can't handle a strong woman"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 05:18 PM

728 posts, read 472,303 times
I recant what I said. I was just looking at OLD page. When I view profiles, and see women skydiving, on exotic vacations, I find that intimidating. I see that stuff and assume she'd be bored dating me. I don't do that kind of stuff. I couldn't keep up.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:32 PM

814 posts, read 760,393 times
That's not intimidation, that's making a judgement on compatibility. You believe you're wasting your time. If I see someone scuba diving or traveling to a lot of different places, that cost money. I mean don't get me wrong, I travel overseas, but it's to see family, I can't afford to drop a grand just to go skiing.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:13 AM

24,638 posts, read 9,464,279 times
The man is refering to the way a woman carries herself, her demeanor. He's saying the woman looks mean

Or she could be hot and hot means a high rate of rejection, so the man is trying to (pathetically) complement you

Either way, you should run because clearly the man has no idea on how to properly start a conversation.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:36 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
I recant what I said. I was just looking at OLD page. When I view profiles, and see women skydiving, on exotic vacations, I find that intimidating. I see that stuff and assume she'd be bored dating me. I don't do that kind of stuff. I couldn't keep up.
Most people tend to have relationships with their socioeconomic equals. They’re matching intellect, education, life experiences, and how they spend their lives.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:51 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
That's not intimidation, that's making a judgement on compatibility. You believe you're wasting your time. If I see someone scuba diving or traveling to a lot of different places, that cost money. I mean don't get me wrong, I travel overseas, but it's to see family, I can't afford to drop a grand just to go skiing.

Depends. While what you're saying is true and they would be incompatible, what Bryant17 needs to consider is how seeing those pictures actually makes him feel, in order to properly assess the situation for his own needs.

If I set a box trap and come back to find it closed but empty, either way the box is shut. But was it due to malfunction, or failure? Two different reasons bearing different consideration for each, but the same result to an undiscerning eye.

You yourself cite the finances. If it's "I don't do that" as Bryant17 asserts, and it's because he doesn't DO that, it's a different scenario (despite the identical result) than if he's thinking "I could never afford that, what would such a woman think of me," or even his own words, "I couldn't keep up." The why of not keeping up matters -- not for the women he never approaches, or even for the women at all. It matters if Bryant17 is working on correct self-assessment in pursuit of self-betterment.

If it's a lack of common interests, I doubt he'd ever feel the slightest intimidation. Why? We don't care about insults which aren't true.

If he feels like he could manage his money better, or like he's not doing well enough in his financial life, and thus cares what a woman might think of him not being able to afford things she does -- that's intimidation. His self-assessment requires that he ascertain whether he's interested in women of a different financial caliber than he can currently afford. If that answer is yes, then what does he need to do in order to attain the goal of being more financially viable for a different dating bracket?

Sometimes a person can do something about any perceived shortcoming, if they can identify it. Some things lie beyond our reach, whether currently or forevermore.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:36 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Let's also realize men can be this way as well. I've heard men say they're "brutally honest" and people find them intimidating. Come to find out these types of men are more interested in being brutal than honest.
When it comes to myself, I can be very "brutally honest". With others, I avoid telling them what (I think) is wrong with them. Because there are people who will appreciate that aspect of that person.

One type of person I don't have any kind of respect for is someone who insists on being around me just to tell me what is wrong with me. And it is usually petty superficial crap. If I am such a screw up, what do you even want with me? Go find someone else. Often times, they have other issues that are more obvious than mine.

Then they say, "I'm just telling it like it is."

I'm typically a laid back and chill person, but if I am pushed, I will really cut into someone and I will show no mercy.

I've made my last hater cry when he wouldn't leave me alone. He literally stalked me just hard on everything he didn't like about me day in and day out.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:37 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
I've seen that among high ranking military. They don't like being questioned or objected to. "Just do what I say, my way is how it works" kinda people.

Then you have some men that are really just sick of arguing and fighting over everything under the sun. And it's often women of certain ethnicities who do behave this way. Then when dude don't want nothing to do with her "You can't handle a strong woman"
I'm one of those men... I believe life is too short to be dealing with such pettiness. All the energy wasted arguing can go towards building a better life.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:41 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
It can mean anything. Most of the time I've gotten it, it was because the guy thought I was attractive.

However, I've perfected my RBF, so I may get it now because of that.

Ha!

Old 04-19-2018, 12:13 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
When it comes to myself, I can be very "brutally honest". With others, I avoid telling them what (I think) is wrong with them. Because there are people who will appreciate that aspect of that person.

One type of person I don't have any kind of respect for is someone who insists on being around me just to tell me what is wrong with me..
I recently read an essay about how the people who like to pat themselves on the back for being "brutally honest" rarely have anything positive to say. It's never, "I'm just telling it like it is--you're really good at your job."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships