Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 01:41 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I'm talking more about "socially" interacting with that person. If someone isn't interested in me, I'm over it. But let's say we are in the same circle, and I find out you don't date black women because we are all ghetto or loud or some nonsense like that, it is a red flag for me. But more of as a general trend than anything else. Like a sociological study if you will.

Finding out the "reason" doesn't apply in terms of strangers of course. I don't go around asking people "why don't you like me?"
Yep. You do have men who don't date a particular race of women, and they also choose not to socialize or interact with them. I have a problem with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 01:41 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I've met black men that say that they are only interested in WW and sometimes Latinas, and yet these same "said" men have tried to get with me and though I'm biracial, for all intent and purposes I look like a light skinned BW with "good hair" (most people don't know off the bat that I'm biracial, but I'm sure maybe some people can tell). So I usually take the preferences with a grain of salt. That being said if someone is very vocal about not liking a specific woman to the point where he is bashing that "race" of women, I am careful not to associate with said person.
LOL, I never knew there was such a "thing" with black people and their hair. I watched that movie that Chris Rock did called Good Hair, I think it was called, anyways it was pretty entertaining/informative.

I don't know all of the names for black womens hair styles, but I saw this younger black lady, really pretty, she had an afro sorta thing, IDK, I liked it, people should work whatever they have.

I don't get why Asian women are doing the eyelid surgery thing, I think they look fine with their natural eyes.

It's part of them.

We should accept ourselves more.....

Old 10-07-2012, 02:11 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It is really common in California. More for the men than the black women, but interracial couples are very common. But even growing up, there were quite a few biracial kids. In fact in the school I grew up in, I was pretty much the non-biracial black kid until they started bussing in other kids. My parents had so many friends their age in interracial couples of all kinds.

I think that interracial dating in general is just way more popular in the West. The pattern I notice, is that the east coast transplants (the black men in particular) are less likely to date interracially. But the ones who grew up in CA or who are foreign born seem to be more likely to date interracially.

That pattern for women is more sporadic. I see a lot of BW/WM combos. Then next up is BW/Latinos. The other pairings or more rare. For the men, it is all over the map in terms of pairing. Almost evenly mixed across groups.
I think jades take is close to the same as mine. And it is most likely a western us and California thing. And even here there is plenty of self segregation or perhaps just luck of the draw based on where you live. The people I work with are also my close friends. I've seen people who exhibit signs of self worth issues or have fetish attitudes with respect to dating out, but I don't usually associate with people like that. People like that are usually 'awkward' to me and I usually choose not to be around that type.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-07-2012 at 02:50 PM..

Old 10-07-2012, 02:38 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Here's another example of preferences. I am a brunette with wavy/curly hair. I have had men tell me they like blondes with straight hair. Sure it is disappointing but I'd rather them be this way upfront then date me and tell me to dye my hair (and yes this has happened to me).

Old 10-07-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
You have a great attitude You're very right also. Truly professional people would not talk regularly talk about their dating and personal lives on the job with everyone and anyone.
On the contrary, I socialize, go to birthdays and family events, bowl and go out drinking with some of my co workers. Some of them are closer than relatives.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:55 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
On the contrary, I socialize, go to birthdays and family events, bowl and go out drinking with some of my co workers. Some of them are closer than relatives.
Your white correct? I wonder if black men would go into detail with you about why they don't date black women? I have a white friend who hates white people and hates white men and she has gone into detail about why(and I'm not white), so I know it's possible. There are people who date out simply because they are more attracted to a particular look that only few ethnic groups have and therefore it has little to do with self-hate and more to do with just liking a specific look. But still I do find it odd when a person is not attracted to ANYONE within their racial group. It's one thing to prefer one look over another, or to mainly date certain groups, but not to be attracted to any female or male in your group? Like with that white friend of mine that hates white men and white people--I don't get it.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:57 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
We all have what we are attracted to, I am not attracted to short men, or blonde or hairy or obese or toothless or stinky or sloppy. Does that make me shallow? NO!

Old 10-07-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Your white correct? I wonder if black men would go into detail with you about why they don't date black women? I have a white friend who hates white people and hates white men and she has gone into detail about why(and I'm not white), so I know it's possible. There are people who date out simply because they are more attracted to a particular look that only few ethnic groups have and therefore it has little to do with self-hate and more to do with just liking a specific look. But still I do find it odd when a person is not attracted to ANYONE within their racial group. It's one thing to prefer one look over another, or to mainly date certain groups, but not to be attracted to any female or male in your group? Like with that white friend of mine that hates white men and white people--I don't get it.
I would not associate with someone like your friend. She sounds wacked out. In my best friends case he just says thats who he is attracted too and comfortable with, White and hispanic women. He never disses black women but he has insinuated that he thinks im a little nuts for dating black women.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, I never knew there was such a "thing" with black people and their hair. I watched that movie that Chris Rock did called Good Hair, I think it was called, anyways it was pretty entertaining/informative.

I don't know all of the names for black womens hair styles, but I saw this younger black lady, really pretty, she had an afro sorta thing, IDK, I liked it, people should work whatever they have.

I don't get why Asian women are doing the eyelid surgery thing, I think they look fine with their natural eyes.

It's part of them.

We should accept ourselves more.....
We should accept ourselves more, but as long as lots of people think Caucasian traits+++ and African/nonwhite traits- - - , it's not gonna happen.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:07 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I would not associate with someone like your friend. She sounds wacked out. In my best friends case he just says thats who he is attracted too and comfortable with, White and hispanic women. He never disses black women but he has insinuated that he thinks im a little nuts for dating black women.
Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships