Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 03:28 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Why shouldn't they be socially awkward? Apparently they'll get rejected anyway. Better to not try if this thread is anything to go by.
Ha, i've got 17 years of life experience getting rejected to back that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
That was tongue-in-cheek
I was just curious as to your level of self-delusion.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:28 PM

19 posts, read 24,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Yes. And it's exacerbated by a few men in the thread telling us we should enjoy it because we'll miss it when it stops. Would be nice if those men didn't tell women how we should feel.
This, exactly. Consider it for a minute.

Girl: No. Stop. This doesn't feel good. I don't like this. You're making me uncomfortable.
Guy: Don't lie to yourself, I know what you're like. This is exactly what you want.

If you don't back off when I say "no" in low-stakes conversation, I know you're not safe to be alone with. If you say you want my body and I don't know anything about you, that's not a compliment, it's a threat.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:33 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saroyan View Post

Girl: No. Stop. This doesn't feel good. I don't like this. Please, stop. You're making me uncomfortable.
Guy: Don't lie to me. I know what you're like. This is exactly what you want.

If you don't back off when I say "no" in low-stakes conversation, I know you're not safe to be alone with. If you say you want my body and I don't know anything about you, that's not a compliment, it's a threat.
It's just another case of too many guys thinking with their dicks instead of brains.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:46 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:

Girl: No. Stop. This doesn't feel good. I don't like this. You're making me uncomfortable.
Guy: Don't lie to yourself, I know what you're like. This is exactly what you want.

Ok, I've encountered my share of pushy men in LI and NYC clubs, but I can't imagine anything going down like the way you just described. How the heck does it get to a point where you're stating "No. Stop. This doesn't feel good" ???

Don't you ladies just walk away? Some "propositions" are no different than any salesman at the local mall just trying to get "a bite". You just smile, say "No thank you" and keep walking or ignore them.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Ok, I've encountered my share of pushy men in LI and NYC clubs, but I can't imagine anything going down like the way you just described. How the heck does it get to a point where you're stating "No. Stop. This doesn't feel good" ???

Don't you ladies just walk away?
Some "propositions" are no different than any salesman at the local mall just trying to get "a bite". You just smile, say "No thank you" and keep walking or ignore them.
Likely when you're alone or there are few people around and he's cornering you such as in an elevator.

More likely it's a bit difficult for some gals to walk away and turn their back to a bigger likely stronger person.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
It's just another case of too many guys thinking with their dicks instead of brains.
That may be so. But guys thinking with their dicks represent a real threat to my physical safety, so I can't dismiss it that easily. It's not that I assume every guy is a rapist, but absent evidence to the contrary, I still have to exercise caution that he may be.

It's not like they have HI, I'M A RAPIST tattooed on their face, you know? I have to go on behavioral cues, and someone who doesn't respect my boundaries--or who tells me his sexual fantasy but not his name--is going to set off alarms.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Bit of an implication that respecting boundaries and words like 'No', 'Stop', and 'Don't' aren't in guys comprehension when their d*cks get hard as if male sexuality is inherently threatening or 'rapey'.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

Don't you ladies just walk away? Some "propositions" are no different than any salesman at the local mall just trying to get "a bite". You just smile, say "No thank you" and keep walking or ignore them.
It was in reference to some of the comments. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Girl: I hate when guys yell sexual comments at me in the street. I feel like a piece of meat, it really makes me uncomfortable.
Guy: You keep telling yourself that. I know you secretly like it, you would hate it if they stopped.

The guys who don't take "no" for an answer are the guys who make girls nervous.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:54 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
It was in reference to some of the comments. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Girl: I hate when guys yell sexual comments at me in the street. I feel like a piece of meat, it really makes me uncomfortable.
Guy: You keep telling yourself that. I know you secretly like it, you would hate it if they stopped.

The guys who don't take "no" for an answer are the guys who make girls nervous.
They also make women more wary of guys in general.

One time I made a comment to a woman who had an umbrella when it was raining. Got told to **** off.

I never reacted to anyone like that for making small talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships