Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 AM

210 posts, read 1,170,748 times

Advertisements

Hitting on you means that someone is making it clear that they find you sexually desirable would like to get with you.

A compliment is fine.

But a lot of men are just plain offensive. I get hit on quite often, and frankly, I wish it would stop. Some men ogle you like you're nothing but a piece of meat. Sometimes they'll start to rub their d***s or masturbate while looking at you. They'll say sexually explicit things loud enough for you to hear. Or they'll come right up to you and say them.

The comments below are some of the more offensive ones that come to mind:

"I want a piece of that a**."
"I want to lick you."
"Want to go to a hotel with me?"
"Do you like to do it?"
"Mmmm. Get down tonight!"
"Give me a chance and I will rock your world so hard you won't be able to walk."

Then when you rudely reject them, they get all offended and want to tell you off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
My GF gets hit on pretty regularly. 2-3 times a week on average. She says she would rather it not happen at all.
I find this statement very hard to believe.

For women that get hit on regularly and in a relationship or have been, be honest, would you seriously say you would rather not be hit on at all?
you don't know what you got till its gone..........

No, I hated it....and it was constant, including married men which made me sick....sometimes, a girl just likes to be left alone, yanno....men are unable to understand that....and I don't know why? Hated it when men used to oogle me in public....or whistle and say something really loud so others could hear, it was extremely embarrassing and all I felt like was a piece of meat, it was not flattering in the least. If a man is just being friendly and wants to talk, that is different, and believe me a woman can sense the difference.

What I also hate is the fact, that men are so stupid, they either think every woman who looks at them, wants them? Geeze Louise....maybe the woman was just spacing out, and her eyes were on that man, but right away, that man "thinks" she wants him. Or the man who says or pretends he doesn't know when a woman is flurting with him.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Yes....? Since the beginning of time.
^^^This...we're treated like objects to be admired, rather than people with feelings.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:06 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
?

Is this seriously what women put up with?
Not entirely.haha Those were the horrible one liners.

But yes some men do raunchy or uncomfortable "hitting on"

Old 10-16-2012, 10:08 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
How do you feel about men given that impression?
The men I know and are established as my friends (or who I get to know in a mutual friend/work situation over time)...I love 'em and think they're great.

Beginning to wonder more and more about random guys coming up and talking to me. Irritating. Doubt they are looking for new friends.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post
Hitting on you means that someone is making it clear that they find you sexually desirable would like to get with you.

A compliment is fine.

But a lot of men are just plain offensive. I get hit on quite often, and frankly, I wish it would stop. Some men ogle you like you're nothing but a piece of meat. Sometimes they'll start to rub their d***s or masturbate while looking at you. They'll say sexually explicit things loud enough for you to hear. Or they'll come right up to you and say them.

"I want to lick you."
"Do you like to do it?"
"Give me a chance and I will rock your world so hard you won't be able to walk."

Then when you rudely reject them, they get all offended and want to tell you off.
Haha yep.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentat View Post

A compliment is fine.

"I want to lick you."
"Do you like to do it?"

That's really awful. Men who do that should be rejected and you are in every right to be rude about it.

Call me ignorant but I had no idea rudeness by men toward women was such an epidemic.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't understand how some women are harassed in such a way and so often? I've never experienced anything remotely close to that. (Not that I necessarily want to.)

Man, whenever these posts on being hit on come up, I just want to hide my face into my pillow and cry.
Just b/c it has never happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't or hasn't happened?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
That's really awful. Men who do that should be rejected and you are in every right to be rude about it.

Call me ignorant but I had no idea rudeness by men toward women was such an epidemic.
Yes, men are rude...and the men who do this, are ignorant, and disrespectful, if they don't respect themselves, they will never respect you...and some of them, the more you reject them, the more rude they become.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yes, men are rude...and the men who do this, are ignorant, and disrespectful, if they don't respect themselves, they will never respect you...and some of them, the more you reject them, the more rude they become.
This is true. That's why when ladies find a respectable man we go gaga over him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships