Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 11:11 PM

18 posts, read 18,445 times

Advertisements

When we surveyed single men how they felt if a woman asked the man out on a date, the majority of respondents found the question rather amusing. However, they also lamented why more women don’t do that today. Although the thought of asking a guy out sounds intimidating, approaching the matter with confidence won’t disappoint you. You just have to be delicate in your approach and things will fall into place. Here are three helpful tips on how to ask him out.

Let your eyes do the talking. Remember the time when you were out with your friends at a club or restaurant? Did you ever notice the guy across the room glancing in your direction? And when your eyes met, your eyes looked away. Chances are there was something about you that caught his attention. He would prefer to look at you longingly but he knows such behavior is considered rude. Instead, he’ll try to steal glances of you at every opportunity.

Now let’s turn the tables. You’ve probably acted the same way when a guy caught your attention, right? Instead of looking away, have you ever considered looking directly at him? As strange as it may sound, staring at the guy you want to ask out works for women. The trick is the moment your eyes met, draw him in with an appreciative smile. He will clue in that you are interested and he will return the smile. Now that you’ve piqued his curiosity with your confident gesture, he will begin to feel he wants to get up and walk over to you. And the neat part about all of this is that you didn’t have to say a word.

Flirting is fun. A little bit of flirting is fine but make sure you do it in a positive way. When flirting positively, you want to keep it fun. Keeping things light and playful will not only put you at ease, it will put him at ease around you as well. The energy you radiate will let him know that you are an interesting and confident woman. He will find that sexy and will want to ask you out.

If you’re interested in hearing more about the good, bad and ugly stories on the flirting front from our readers stay tuned for the next article on flirting.

Set him up to ask you out. So you are enjoying a conversation with a guy you met at a friend’s social gathering. He is available, has a great smile, and is genuinely interested in you. You enjoy his company and would like to get to know him better, but you’re uncomfortable asking him out on a date. Afterall, the guy always asked you out, right?

Asking a guy out doesn’t mean you have to ask him directly. How about mentioning the eatery that just opened up in your neighborhood that you want to try or talk about a movie that was just released in theaters that you want to see? Provide him hints that leave the door open for him to ask you out.

Asking men out on dates may sound intimidating but it doesn’t have to be. And women asking men out is part of a growing trend among today’s empowered women. So don’t let the fear of intimidation hold you back from meeting new people and finding the right man for you. Play around with these tips and have fun doing so. And remember to share your stories with us and tell us what worked for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 11:42 PM

688 posts, read 897,681 times
My girlfriend asked me out and I am very, very glad that she did. (granted it was an online dating site and we were very highly matched)

Old 10-15-2012, 12:33 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Been there, done that and never again. They aren't any 'nicer' because you're doing the asking, any woman that thinks they will be is a fool.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:05 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
I've done it more times than I can remember. I've only had two men say yes, one disappeared after our first date and the other one assumed I wanted to hook up.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:17 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,274,548 times
Never done it, never will.

I figure God gave them testosterone therefore the hunting instinct. They need to come get it.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:38 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,185 times
This is exactly the reasons why rules of dating are lame.

Be yourself. Go with the flow. Suggest an activity. Treat the person as a friend first. If something comes about it, then great!

Easier to do with people who are less intimidating, and less expectations.

Guys who I can easily chill with, let my guard down with, usually are the ones I fall hardest for. Not the mysterious wannabe ricos. Waste my space and time.

Have fun, sheesh! Not something hard to do when you're in the moment and cool about it.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:09 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,154,499 times
Default Would You Ask a Guy Out on a Date?

Probably not, It'd upset the wife...

Old 10-15-2012, 03:21 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,485,615 times
I am shy about things like that and I doubt I would ever ask a man out.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:03 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
I have, I did and it was successful. I would encourage anyone to do it.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:18 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Girls don't do it for a combination of these 2 reasons

1. They don't have to
2. Alot are scared and don't want their egos crushed

Now it usually works out, but some women have a problem of only losers/undesirable men approaching them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships