Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care if a man has a job?
I do care 21 61.76%
I don't care 1 2.94%
If he is actively looking I'll give him a chance 11 32.35%
I'll wait until he has a job 1 2.94%
If he has money in the bank I'll date him 4 11.76%
I don't care as long as he can pay for the dates 1 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 03:58 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times

Advertisements

lol - what ever happened to PC feminism and equality.

yet another thread full of hypocrisy.

Women are obsessed with a man's status and bank details.

not the other way round though - funny huh......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 11:24 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
I had one ex like that and I hated it. Yes, it was nice he got everything he wanted, but seriously? He acted spoiled and could never sympathize with my work-related troubles.
How was he wealthy? Through family or from personal work?

Old 10-20-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I'm just being honest.

The average woman isn't really trying to work, has a poor work ethic, and wants a guy to take care of her. Sure, you have some highly motivated and ambitious career women out here, but they are the exception, not the rule.
There are just as women in the workforce as men. It is true that not all women can run the business well.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It is all the same for me. I just can't fathom spending all your time "hanging out." Even if you worked really hard to earn the money. Although I doubt you can retire from the military and live like a king.

But anyway, the important thing is to do something important with your time. Typically entrepreneurs like to "build or create" something. Even if the primary goal isn't to make money.
Not like a king but still enough not to ever work. Money is not all about material things. It is about financial security and doing whatever you want in life.

I am an Entrepreneur.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:55 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I'm just being honest.

The average woman isn't really trying to work, has a poor work ethic, and wants a guy to take care of her. Sure, you have some highly motivated and ambitious career women out here, but they are the exception, not the rule.
I wouldn't call lying about income and education on the internet as ambitious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post

Not the other way around what? Who is stopping any man from smartening up and caring about a potential partner's professional future? Are you that lazy that you need women to do it for you? I don't think that's even possible. Take responsibility for yourself and future.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:11 AM

249 posts, read 306,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Not like a king but still enough not to ever work. Money is not all about material things. It is about financial security and doing whatever you want in life.

I am an Entrepreneur.

You mean that you're unemployed and you use that as a cover as to why you are unemployed?

I am a writer. But still can't find work doing what I love. I will continue trying even if there is no success by 30s. Then I will move on for good.

I personally believe most women care most for money by a certain age. Guys not so much.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:13 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
He could be wealthy and does not need to work.
I don't care.

I want a guy who works. Plenty of extraordinarily wealthy people still go to work every day. How productive can you feel sitting around all day?

Old 10-21-2012, 11:16 AM

249 posts, read 306,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I don't care.

I want a guy who works. Plenty of extraordinarily wealthy people still go to work every day. How productive can you feel sitting around all day?
Well you don't need an office to transfer large sums of money to open new businesses or buy existing ones.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:48 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salami-rules View Post
Well you don't need an office to transfer large sums of money to open new businesses or buy existing ones.
Well my boyfriend works from home. But he still works.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:30 PM

61,730 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post

^^^ I agree! Women want to be emancipated, have equal rights as men, access to employment (and get paid like a men ), education, equality in the workplace, change in family roles, redress for sexual harassment in the workplace, and equal political representation. Some even try to look like a men, walk like a men, talk like a men and drink like a men...
But when comes to dating... most of them want to be ... cared for, paid for, and be treated like a princess, nothing less. ( the most used word is "because I deserve it!")
Now suddenly man HAS to open the door for her, help her with a coat, shower with gifts, take out to expensive dates (and better not be "cheap"!), read their mind, never argue, HAVE a well paid job and fat bank account because she expect him to pay for everything she desires.
When comes to dating the so called "equality" ends pretty fast and a modern, strong, self-sufficient, woman quickly morphs to a self centered leech, a needy, whinny, spoiled, narcissistic user who do not give rats about a man qualities other than a fat bank account, a big house and expensive car. If she does not drain his bank account during dating, she sure will after they get divorced.
Just look at the poll - there is only one person who said "I don't care" ... and the poll is about dating, not even a marriage...
I just wonder if unemployed women think they should not date, because they are undesirable, or are worried that they are not equally financially participating ...

For the majority of women, dating and marriage are businesses. Women date ( marry) up not down.
Actually its interesting to see that a man with money and position will marry a maid, or waitress if she is attractive and nice to him, but a woman wants more than a guy who bag her groceries, or clean restrooms. He might very well be a great, good looking guy capable of loving her dearly, but she wouldn't even consider him as a potential date because he doesn't have enough earning power.

Most women say they want a man with ennobling qualities: a sense of humor; a guy who's nice to her and treats her well, good values, a strong moral character, etc. Yeah, right! Till an arrogant, philandering, single doctor ( or lawyer) roars up in his Ferrari.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships