Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2012, 04:36 AM

499 posts, read 756,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Boo effing hoo. You say fat women should lower their standards and that they're undesirable because of their build, bummer that women will find you unattractive because of your build.

Many women will prefer taller men, too bad.
Ummmm, where exactly did I say that fat women should lower their standards? I never said this. I always say people are entitled to their preferences. I emphasized in this thread that the fat and overweight women I know refuse to date fat men, short men and other men that they and society feel are "less than ideal" and that with body image campaigns plus thirsty guys constantly hitting on them, many fatter women feel that they are the cat's meow.

Looks like you're offended with my own preferences (which I'm entitled to and get to date anyway) and thus skimmed through my posts and took what you wanted out of them, rather than understanding what I clearly said/wrote.

It's no secret that most (not many) women prefer taller men period. I never denied this nor am I crying over it. Dating is a woman's paradise, but those who aren't "ideal" can do okay like myself.

At the same time, men who don't want the fatties shouldn't be demonized, especially if they don't engage in insulting them. It really is okay if a man says that he's not interested in an overweight woman, and it is also okay to point out that many fat women don't wish to date their heavy male counterparts. Many see it as cruel to say fat women are less desirable, but then it is a-okay for those women to point fingers and rant about how undesirable many men are with no apologies (to which they see as completely fine).

Old 10-21-2012, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perfect View Post
250 at only 5'3? That's disgusting. What is wrong with these men? I heard before that in some parts of Europe fat women don't ever get dates. They are forced to choose between either losing weight or staying alone forever. That's what men need to do here. Completely refuse to go anywhere the fat ones.
But it's funny (not literally) that these women get lots of dates, men chasing them and lots of sex, many from guys who look like they have many options available to them.

It's just today's dating culture. There was a video on youtube where a guy said he created fake profiles of women with marred faces, really obese women and disabled women, and within a week, they all had over 120 inboxed messages on average, lots with sexual innuendo. I think their experiment was in London, so high population would have something to do with that. I'm positive that experiment would pan out the same here in NYC.

That's why I bought up the story about the fat latina who only dates muscleheads and gets all the guys she wants. She never struggles for dates, even at 250-260/5'3. She forever says things like "only dogs want a bone" or that "skinny models have nothing on BBWs". She makes fun of thinner women and thinks that men who want women who are thin(ner) have something wrong with them.

Typical woman who thinks women can be any size (weight) and height, but men should be tall and fit otherwise they aren't dateable.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:59 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,535 times
The definition of "fat" is going to very from person to person. I don't particularly like very skinny women. The 98lb toothpick look does nothing for me. I have no problem with curvy or a few extra pounds at all. Its when that few extra balloons to 50 or 100lbs extra. A woman with a gut is a huge turn-off. When I see a fat person, whether its male or female, one word comes to mind; undisciplined. 90-95% of obese people are that way because they're undisciplined. I wouldn't invest my money with a fat financial advisor because I don't want someone that's undisciplined handling my money. Likewise, I won't date a fat chick, because I don't want to be in a relationship with someone that's undisciplined. If someone is undisciplined in one area of their life, like diet and exercise, chances are they're undisciplined in another area, maybe she can't stop flirting with other dudes, maybe she's undisciplined when it comes to spending money, who knows. That's my reason

Old 10-21-2012, 07:28 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes - but when people talk about the women in NYC - they are talking about the women in Manhattan.
When I think of women from NY, I think of women I know from the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Long Island because and I quote Tony Soprano "Half of New York moved to Florida" And most of the New York women I meet are from the other 4 boroughs and LI, though a majority I know are "Newyoricans" who are from the Bronx

Old 10-21-2012, 08:20 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
But it's funny (not literally) that these women get lots of dates, men chasing them and lots of sex, many from guys who look like they have many options available to them.

It's just today's dating culture. There was a video on youtube where a guy said he created fake profiles of women with marred faces, really obese women and disabled women, and within a week, they all had over 120 inboxed messages on average, lots with sexual innuendo. I think their experiment was in London, so high population would have something to do with that. I'm positive that experiment would pan out the same here in NYC.

That's why I bought up the story about the fat latina who only dates muscleheads and gets all the guys she wants. She never struggles for dates, even at 250-260/5'3. She forever says things like "only dogs want a bone" or that "skinny models have nothing on BBWs". She makes fun of thinner women and thinks that men who want women who are thin(ner) have something wrong with them.

Typical woman who thinks women can be any size (weight) and height, but men should be tall and fit otherwise they aren't dateable.
From my observation many guys use big women for sex and thats about it. I can understand if your wife or so has gained alot of weight over the years but usually guys that I see always try to speak up to a chubby woman. Also this past year I went on a job interview for a position at family court, plenty of overweight women picking up child support papers to file. It looks like many overwieght women have no problems making babies, but this is in my area I dont know how this pans out in other parts of America.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:22 AM

464 posts, read 479,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oddly, the ones who so adamantly 'refuse' to date fat women are often the ones the thin women ignore.
And THEY STAY THINKING ABOUT FAT WOMEN 24/7. The obsessive with fat women is really unhealthily. Perhaps they should go into therapy.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
From my observation many guys use big women for sex and thats about it. I can understand if your wife or so has gained alot of weight over the years but usually guys that I see always try to speak up to a chubby woman. Also this past year I went on a job interview for a position at family court, plenty of overweight women picking up child support papers to file. It looks like many overwieght women have no problems making babies, but this is in my area I dont know how this pans out in other parts of America.
I see this all of the time here in NYC. Whether IRL or online. A LARGE percentage are overweight, many have kids and were attracting men even before they had kids and they were still overweight which is why I don't sympathize much with the overweight women when it comes to dating opportunities. As you said, NYC isn't America, but they do just fine here regardless of height, race and sometimes even facial attractiveness.

At least in the circles I hang in, the fatter women I knew complained about being overweight because it affects their self-esteem (i.e. it's personal i.e. "i want to be thin like I used to be", or "I want to lose weight" or "I am getting a tummy tuck").

Rarely do I hear them complaining about attracting men. If they do complain about it, it's usually about attracting certain types of men which is where the sympathy ends because preference is preference and that here demonstrates that they have their own preferences (which is their right but can you really be p****d off that your preference has their own preferences?)

But then there was the story I said earlier about the fat chic who dates and has serious relationships with only muscle heads and she reels them in, so what's the issue again? Fat chicks can get (lots of) sex, dates and relationships and have a lot more pull than many other "less than ideal" groups.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:59 AM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
I always thought my slim,trim figure and attractiveness would assure me of some kind of charmed life. It did not.

I see a lot of great guys with wives whose butts are as big as a house. I truly don't think they really care.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:04 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
And THEY STAY THINKING ABOUT FAT WOMEN 24/7. The obsessive with fat women is really unhealthily. Perhaps they should go into therapy.
Too funny, couldn't rep you again, so here ya go. LOL

Also, I'm scratching my head about the comments on women in Manhattan; some of the most fit beautiful, women work and walk those streets every day. I'm thinking maybe the women must need to be Kate Moss thin if all the women they are seeing are considered fat.

Btw, it's not that I have a problem with anyone not being into us fatties, it's the constant bashing, the hateful ignorant comments that irritate me. There are enough smart decent men to go around that appreciate women of various proportions, but I personally am not attracted to stupid, unattractive, personalities regardless of size. If you don't like my type, it's alright, not in the least offended, it's when you tell me, what I'm entitled to what I can and can't get and you beat your chest stating how you are the expert on who else is, will and will not walk, beside me, then, I wonder if you've been dropped on your head one too many times. Hate on fat people all you want, but don't be upset to know, not all people share your view that we fat chics should churn at the bottom of the barrel, just because you feel it's our proper place.

Guys it's really gonna be alright, I'm sure there's enough non-fat women to help get ya through your days without thinking one more minute about how us fatties are messing up your pool of available choices to _ _ck over.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:09 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
As Sir-Mix-a-lot once said "I ilke big butts and I cannot tell a lie."

So if he likes big butts he will be honest, if you use the mix-a-lot logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.