Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:49 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Wait how long have you known your coworkers.
Over a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 12:12 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Over a year.
You know what I'm with you then. If I knew you that long I would just take your playfulness roll with it or mess around back. If you have coworkers for over a year that's more than enough time to gauge there personalities to an extent.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:15 AM

365 posts, read 489,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
But wouldn't you say some girls misinterpret guys who flirt with them?

I'm kinda' in a situation with my dry cleaner where I can't figure out if he's just a natural flirt and does it with everyone or is intentionally flirting with me.
My guess would be that he just wants to flirt with you; But that's the wonderful thing as human's no one really has them figured out, everyone's different in some aspects.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Or maybe it means that some guys are not mind readers.
Or maybe you should think outside the box---Ahaha... Puns are awful. Very good point though.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:46 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,135,608 times
The key here is "on the job." People flirting on the job might just be killing time. I'm much too busy and focused on the job to do much flirting.

And assuming I'm not attracted to the flirter, it is nothing but wasted time. If I'm interested in someone at work, I'll flirt with them and probably ask them out. But if not, I'm not amused...

Old 11-02-2012, 11:21 AM

Well you clearly stated these are all people you know; I don't know about most guys but i do enjoy teasing girls quite often. Maybe he was brain dead? Ha!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I'm a very flirty person by nature and I like to tease people. Like I'll tell one of my female co-workers, "But...why are you so beautiful though? Please explain." Or say, "Our song is on, let's stare into each others eyes and dance slowly." My co-workers know me and they know I like to mess around and be foolish and I'm not hitting on them, but it's like...you can't tease boys who know you the same way. Like I'll tease a male bartender where I work and say pretty much the same things, and then he actually gets the impression that I want to hang out with him after work/am sexually interested when he hears me say pretty much the same things to everyone. And act surprised that I'm not interesting in hooking up? Bizarre.

These are all people who know me, so I dungeddid.
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but there is a very fine line between flirting and going over the top. Calling someone beautiful is flirting and or complimenting. Telling someone that your song is on and you want to stare into each other's eyes and dance slowly is over the top. I can see why the guys could get confused. If you think it's so bizarre maybe you should stop?

Old 11-02-2012, 12:00 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,304,200 times
I told that to a female co-worker and we both laughed about it for 2 solid minutes.

I tease both males and females in slightly different ways. That wouldn't be nearly as funny if I said it to a male co-worker. But both males and females see the way I tease everyone. Our staff consists of less than 10 people.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,987,929 times
OP, how do you know they're not just kidding you back and you're the one taking it all too seriously?

Old 11-02-2012, 06:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
You know what I'm with you then. If I knew you that long I would just take your playfulness roll with it or mess around back. If you have coworkers for over a year that's more than enough time to gauge there personalities to an extent.
Yes and no. It's quite possible that, on getting to know the OP better, they see her desperation to be noticed as a signal that, if drunk enough or if in just the right frame of mind, she really would put out for them. Why should they stop, given this? She isn't stopping so they still feel this way: potentially, she could be a lay at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships