Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 10:57 PM

105 posts, read 182,287 times

Advertisements

My friend cheated on her bf and well he caught her, as in really busted her. But the guy is undecided and they're still talking it out. This happened last month.

Anyway I can help my gf get her man back? Thing is he's thinking about it and according to her, he told her if she can help him recover from and believe it's not gonna happen again then he'll give it another try.
If someone got caught cheating and the person is undecided, how can he/she prove to them that they can be trusted again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 11:00 PM

My friend is indeed remorseful and told me about how she would do anything to help him recover from that, how she won't ever cheat again in her life and how it was a stupid decision. And the guy seems to still love her else he wouldn't be talking to her but he's really hurt.

This is her issue to solve but I'm gonna help her. What should I do? Talk to the guy myself? Tell my friend to buy him stuff?

Old 10-09-2012, 11:03 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxton9 View Post
My friend cheated on her bf and well he caught her, as in really busted her. But the guy is undecided and they're still talking it out. This happened last month.

Anyway I can help my gf get her man back? Thing is he's thinking about it and according to her, he told her if she can help him recover from and believe it's not gonna happen again then he'll give it another try.
If someone got caught cheating and the person is undecided, how can he/she prove to them that they can be trusted again?
She has to be willing to do the 3 R's....

have remorse
take responsibility for her actions
and work to repair the damage

Make sure she understands these things.

Do not talk to her boyfriend - you do not want to get in the middle of this.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
My advice would be to stay out of it. This is between the two of them. You can be there for your friend - but their relationship only involves them. The best way to help her is just to be there to listen. And hopefully she's learned her lesson. Many relationships can't survive this - but some can.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
She has to be willing to do the 3 R's....

repent
take responsibility for her actions
and work to repair the damage
Yes, she's in for a lot of work that's for sure. She is remorse and actually calls what she the worst decision she made in her life. I guess since she isn't calling it a mistake like most would, it means she is really sorry.

She's been crying but from what she told me, so has the guy.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:06 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
I agree with 93, let them work it out, you need to stay away.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:07 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
stay out of it, its not your life.
only offer advice if asked and be there for support when they need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My advice would be to stay out of it. This is between the two of them. You can be there for your friend - but their relationship only involves them. The best way to help her is just to be there to listen. And hopefully she's learned her lesson. Many relationships can't survive this - but some can.
Yes she's learned her lesson. She keeps telling me how she wishes to go back in time and refused the other guy and not get stupid.

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Yes, she's in for a lot of work that's for sure. She is remorse and actually calls what she the worst decision she made in her life. I guess since she isn't calling it a mistake like most would, it means she is really sorry.

She's been crying but from what she told me, so has the guy.
Well, that's a step in the right direction - she's admitting it was a choice and recognizes it was a bad one.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:08 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
My friend is indeed remorseful and told me about how she would do anything to help him recover from that, how she won't ever cheat again in her life and how it was a stupid decision. And the guy seems to still love her else he wouldn't be talking to her but he's really hurt.

This is her issue to solve but I'm gonna help her. What should I do? Talk to the guy myself? Tell my friend to buy him stuff?

The smartest decision you could make at this moment is to BUTT OUT. It is NONE of your concern and it is something that her and her boyfriend need to work out WITH EACH OTHER and NOT the THREE OF YOU. Personally I think he is an idiot for even considering taking her back but that is my personal opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships