Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,112,026 times

Advertisements

It's really not your place to try to persuade the boyfriend to forgive your friend. I know there are relationships that survive cheating but I don't know how, especially if there's no marriage or children involved. She's sorry...she's remorseful...I just don't believe it. It's not a split second action like where you look away from the road and get into a car accident. She knew it was wrong and she did it anyway hoping he wouldn't find out, he would forgive her if he did, or just plain out not caring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 AM

105 posts, read 182,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
She knew it was wrong and she did it anyway hoping he wouldn't find out, he would forgive her if he did, or just plain out not caring.
True but many people cheat nowadays that it seems committed relationships are losing its value.

They're still communicating and my friend is thinking about going to counseling. I guess that would be a good start.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxton9 View Post
True but many people cheat nowadays that it seems committed relationships are losing its value.

They're still communicating and my friend is thinking about going to counseling. I guess that would be a good start.
Well, counseling is great if she really has some underlying issues that contributed to her cheating that she needs to work out.

If she does - then encourage her to talk to someone for sure.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Keep out of it and I hope your friends bf drops your friend like hot garbage.
I know that would probably be logical but at times emotions play a role that it can make you think without logic. Right now, it doesn't seem like the guy wants to go NC on her.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:47 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxton9 View Post
I know that would probably be logical but at times emotions play a role that it can make you think without logic. Right now, it doesn't seem like the guy wants to go NC on her.
Exactly.

Sometimes when you are lost in the forest you can't see your way out for all the trees.

It's a scary time to be where he is today

Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Exactly.

Sometimes when you are lost in the forest you can't see your way out for all the trees.

It's a scary time to be where he is today
Thank you. That was a perfect description. That guy is right now at his weakest and as a result, it seems more likely he'll take her back.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:54 AM

601 posts, read 759,049 times
Remorse is an artifical response to make herself feel like a good person when shes NOT. Once a cheater always a cheater. This is not something she can gurantee to never do again. in fact, i wouldnt be suprised if she still texts,calls, im, fb,chaturbate,skype with this other person. Are people really that naive to believe she all of a sudden the next day erased this other guy out of her life? she knows his number by heart!

In fact, if he takes her back, she will be more tempted to do it again. the lines of respect are broken. there is no mending that. NONE. They both need someone different.

You can forgive but never forget. Any time they have an arguement, he'll be tempted to bring it up. How long will she be willing to put up with that??

And to those feminist enroute to defend this skank on premises that "he must have done something wong" A CHEATER IS A CHEATER PLAIN AND SIMPLE. There is no rationalizing this. This is a decission she made. Dont dare try to defend her or distract THE BOTTOM LINE she cheated. thats it

time to move on

Old 10-10-2012, 12:01 PM

86 posts, read 118,830 times
A better question would be why your friend would even want to be with a guy that would take her back after what she did. I'd have more respect for that guy if he refused to talk to her for at least a month or two and than later down the road gave her a second chance after he saw she still had remorse and wanted to still be with him vs. her just displaying the short term panic of being caught and being in fear of being alone. Right now that guy is a tool and him taking her back doesnt' mean he loves her it means he has low self-esteem. They're both better off alone since clearly neither of them loves themselves.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:08 PM

86 posts, read 118,830 times
Quote:
Well, counseling is great if she really has some underlying issues that contributed to her cheating that she needs to work out.

If she does - then encourage her to talk to someone for sure.
Her suggesting counsuling is smoke and mirrors. It's her attempt to convince him she's willing to do anything so that he'll forgive her and not leave her alone where she feels uncomfortable in this world. The problem isn't that she got caught. The problem is there is something missing form the relationship which caused her to step outside it. Now that something is more than likely her own lack of self love so she used this other guy to validate her worth. Her suggesting counsuling is th equivelent to a celb going into rehab to excuse their actions. It shifts away the responsibility from being their own to something they didn't have control over.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 PM

896 posts, read 1,477,051 times
Quote:
She has to be willing to do the 3 R's....

have remorse
take responsibility for her actions
and work to repair the damage

Make sure she understands these things.

Do not talk to her boyfriend - you do not want to get in the middle of this.
She has to be willing to do the 3 Rs...

Look HotteR
Be HotteR
and Look HotteR

Most Men will sit up and beg for a hot woman. Including accepting her cheating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships